Chat Thread - "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" Thread - Page 142 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #2116
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat Thread - Talk Time...Anything But Tennis Thread

I heard that "The Guernsey Literary adn Potato Peel Pie Society" was good - I'm going to have to add it to my list!

I do a lot of children's writing - one is almost complete. One of these days, I might get up the courage to send one in to see if anyone would publish it.

The Oz Open has been exciting! I'm really happy that Fer V won - I can't believe that I missed the match last night - and I just got home so missed the replay if they did replay it. Happy that Jo-Willy won too! And sad for Fernando, but happy for Rafa. I'd like to see him get an Oz Open title too.

VAMOS NICO!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 04:22 AM   #2117
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

did actually Fer V won?!?! OMG I didn't have the chance to find any info about that match so it's an incredible nice surprise!!! I'm really happy for him!

and well not only Monfils retired, two other girls did it too and I saw how Azarenka was barely standing on her feet after winning the 1st set against Serena, it was sad to see the girl crying and almost fainting on court

VAMOOS NICOO!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #2118
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Watching Azarenka was very sad, she was up a set against Serena then just couldnt' go on-she had been sick the night before I think. And the list became longer overnight. Djoko "keeled" over during his match with Andy R according to the report on the AO website. I just missed it, went to bed after the 3rd set with Andy up 2 sets. It was very hot and I hope Djoko is OK but there seems to a definate school of thought out there he is not very tough.....the Seinfeld term "delicate genuis" comes to mind....

Anyway big congrats to Roger for what must have a been a great match-for him anyway Poor Del Potro was bageled twice But it looks like Roger is back in his old form -just in time to play Andy in the semi . Should be a good one!

As for tonights quartersfinals, there are too many players I like Such great stories in Fer V and Rafa's quest for a hard court slam title. Can't pick a favorite in that one . Also good to see the surprise of last AO, Tsonga, back in the semis- Best of luck to all of them!!!

edit: I thought Fer was playing Rafa in the quarters, but its Fer v Willy and Rafa v Gilles. still all deserving and best of luck to them all

VAMOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 01-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #2119
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
I heard that "The Guernsey Literary adn Potato Peel Pie Society" was good - I'm going to have to add it to my list!

I do a lot of children's writing - one is almost complete. One of these days, I might get up the courage to send one in to see if anyone would publish it.

The Oz Open has been exciting! I'm really happy that Fer V won - I can't believe that I missed the match last night - and I just got home so missed the replay if they did replay it. Happy that Jo-Willy won too! And sad for Fernando, but happy for Rafa. I'd like to see him get an Oz Open title too.

VAMOS NICO!

That is great you ARE writing children's books Nicofan-I should of known you didn't need to be pushed to do something you always wanted to do I wouldnt' be at all surprised if my kids are reading books by you some day

And I finally got some reading in last night Bella does like to live dangerously!

VAMOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 01-28-2009, 01:41 AM   #2120
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I read about what happened with Djokovic. My goodness, the boy needs to get tough!!! At least he had a better excuse this time - not like when he had a sore throat.

In his defense though, they said it has been incredibly hot this year.

I may stay up for some of the tennis tonight - I think we're going to have a snow day tomorrow. I'm soooooo sick of snow - and sick of shovelling snow! And I hate missing classes - I had a fun lesson plan for tomorrow too.

Yeah, lots of players left that I like - going to be an exciting ending to the Oz Open.

I think that kids reading my books is a long shot, but you never know.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:04 AM   #2121
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

well the truth is that Djokovic is still a weak girl I kept laughing seeing him complaining about the heat and the trainer rubbing ice in his legs and arms and Andy R was just sitting in his chair like if he was in the middle of the winter in NYC

about the Roger vs Del Potro match, I didn't watch it of course but I have to admit that I enjoyed the score, the espn guys are driving me crazy with their new infatuation about him but I do know because Fergie told me that at the end of the match, when Roger was saluting del Potro at the end he said ¨sorry¨ to him nice one

and Susan, Bella is stupidly annoying

VAMOOOS NICOOO!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 AM   #2122
country flag NicoFan

Yeah, Bella does like to live dangerously.

Love your comment Kid about Andy looking like he's in NYC in the winter.

Poor JMDP... The weather isn't the only thing heating up in Melbourne...Roger is completely hot!

VAMOS NICO!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #2123
country flag kidnicky

well nobody can't judge her, but wait, are you still reading twilight? 'cause if you're in new moon then I'm back to say that she's stupidly annoying

it's true! I swear! Andy looked so fresh meanwhile the other girl was surrounded by ice

VAMOOS NICOO!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-28-2009, 03:03 AM   #2124
country flag Sparko1030

Yes, I'm reading Twilight yet Kid. I like Bella in some ways but in others, she is annoying. She finds something to complain about everyone and everything-but maybe that's accurate for her age

I agree about Djokovich except for one thing Kid-quit insulting us women by calling him a girl! Only one woman has retired because and that was because she was sick. He's number 3 and can't handle the Austrailian heat??? Yes, its hotter than normal but he should be in better condition. Its summer in Oz, its going to be hot, duh

VAMOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 01-28-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #2125
country flag Sparko1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
I may stay up for some of the tennis tonight - I think we're going to have a snow day tomorrow. I'm soooooo sick of snow - and sick of shovelling snow! And I hate missing classes - I had a fun lesson plan for tomorrow too.

Yeah, lots of players left that I like - going to be an exciting ending to the Oz Open.

I think that kids reading my books is a long shot, but you never know.

VAMOS NICO!

Not more snow for you Nicofan?! Too bad about your fun lessons plans-can you use them Thursday though? We haven't gotten much snow here lately but the cold won't go away. Below zero almost every morning and this will one of only 4 Januarys (in over a century of records) that we haven't had a January thaw Spring cannot come too early....

I know getting kids books published is diffcutl (heck any type of book is I suppose) but you never know. Didn't JK Rowling get rejected many times before Scholastic finally took on HP? Anyway, its great you're writing anyway

VAMOS NICO!!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 01-28-2009, 03:40 AM   #2126
country flag kidnicky

oh well during Twilight, Bella is nice ... later she is stupidly annoying

you're right about my nickname for Djokovic, I'm sorry, then he is just annoyingly weak (if that's a word of course )

VAMOOS NICOO!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #2127
country flag NicoFan

True Sparko - calling Djoker a girl is insulting for women across the globe.

I don't know where the January thaw is - I think it will come in March.

Someone has to get published - why not me!!

VAMOS NICO!
Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #2128
country flag Sparko1030

The Spaniards took the day-Rafa and Fer V in the semifinal! Both Fer V and Jo-Willy were looking sharp last night while I was watching but obviously Fer was sharper I will have to watch the replay today to see it all.

VAMOOOOOOOS NICO!!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #2129
country flag NicoFan

Because we had a snow day today, I was able to see part of the replays on TTC - the Fer V and Jo-Willy match was good. Yeay for Fer! But sad for Jo-Willy.

The Rafa-Simon match was also good. Kudos to Simon for showing heart out there and fighting to keep it close.

The Rafa-Fer match hopefully will be good.

And wish I could stay up to watch Ducky and King Fed. Fergie will get mad at me here but hoping that Ducky can get the upset!!!

VAMOS NICO!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #2130
country flag NicoFan

I think y'all find this amusing. King Fed on the Djoker's retirement. I loved it when he said something like it's not like the guy has never given up in his career... Then he says that he has only given up once in a match.

I don't dislike Nole, but I wish he'd stop being such a wimp. Retiring in a match when you are the defending champion? No, not acceptable. Unless he's about to die, a true champion stays and fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S93YvQiCpE

Rogerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

VAMOS NICO!