Chat Thread - "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" Thread - Page 139 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 AM   #2071
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat Thread - Talk Time...Anything But Tennis Thread

Just what I was thinking too Felipe I can't believe the Eagles kicked all our teams out of the playoffs Nicofan (you were right to be worried about the Eagles it seems....) Hopefully the Cardinals can bump them out next week....yeah right

2666 sounds intriguing Nicofan-although I must admit these days I tend to pick books that aren't disturbing in any way-the books I read, the tv shows and movies I watch are mostly for escapism. I got hooked on Cold Mountain last night on tv and there is quite a bit disturbing in that and its hard for to get those images out of my mind.

VAMOOOOOOOS NICO!!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 01-12-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #2072
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I forgot to mention that we're looking foward to the "Inkheart" movie too. My oldest is a big fan (we gave her "Inkdeath" for Christmas).

VAMOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #2073
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I had a feeling that my Giants would lose. They weren't playing well near the end of the season.

I have to admit that I'm rooting for an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl - Philly vs. Pittsburgh. Me bad...I want an all East final - kind of cool. Well at least it's cool for those of us on the East Coast.

Oh, glad to hear that your oldest is a big Inkheart fan. Love all the books. Please tell her for me that Dustfinger is my favorite character so I'm hoping for a good outcome where he is concerned in Inkdeath - she'll know what I mean. I was also happy to see that Paul Bettany is playing Dustfinger in the movie - just love Bettany - wonderful actor.

Kid - 2666 is an almost 900 page book that has 5 major parts. Critics are focusing on the main theme which is the most simplistic - Bolano is saying that the entire human race is loco. But again that is simplistic. Yes, he is saying that but he also talks about how the vast majority of people in the world suffer and no one does anything about it or cares because they aren't part of the elite. Also talks about how Latin Americans view themselves as well as how the rest of the world views them. And writes about how women are often the victims in the world. And many other concepts too. A large part of the book takes place in your country - in a northern city near the US border. He uses a real life event in that city (I think it is Juarez??? the fictional name of the city in the book is Santa Teresa) where many young girls/women were killed but the killer (killers) were never found. He also takes a swipe at the academic literary world which I find amusing. I never read about an author before I read a book because I want a "pure" reading, and I won't give much away here in case someone plans to read the book, but from what I've read Bolano was an outsider both in Chile and Mexico who drove those in academic circles crazy. He didn't have much good to say about Isabel Allende (one of my favoites), but considering that he backed up his words with a masterpiece, that's okay with me.

VAMOS NICO!

Last edited by NicoFan : 01-12-2009 at 02:02 PM.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #2074
country flag Sparko1030

Well, now I am really inruiged Nicofan! I think I saw the book on one of the top ten lists of 2008. If I feel ambitious, I just may try and tackle it.

VAMOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 01-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #2075
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Almost all chilean writers are so jealous about Isabel Allende success :retard: ... I started to read 2666 without expection because I'm not really a big fan of latinamerican writers (except for Isabel Allende and Mario Benedetti) but I found a fantastic book, the best I've read in years ... And my copy had almost 1300 pages

VAMOS NICO!!!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #2076
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Well Bolano didn't like Magic Realism which admittedly has been overdone, but is when done well, one of my favorite types of fiction. "The House of The Spirits" was pure genius in my humble opinion. But Bolano wanted to break new ground, and he certainly did with "2666."

Wow...1300 pages!!! I don't know why there is such a big difference in size. I doubt that they cut anything in the translation. I wish I could read it in the original Spanish because you always lose something in translation, but it would take me about ten years.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #2077
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
I had a feeling that my Giants would lose. They weren't playing well near the end of the season.

I have to admit that I'm rooting for an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl - Philly vs. Pittsburgh. Me bad...I want an all East final - kind of cool. Well at least it's cool for those of us on the East Coast.
I had the same feeling last season with Dallas when they had to face NYG in the Divisional. I don't know what the hell is happening in the NFL in the recent years, the best teams always loses in the playoffs. The teams who are on a roll from the Wildcard spots are kicking butts in january.

I want BAL vs AZ in the SB, I never liked the Eagles and now i hate them many more cause they are Dallas' nightmare in the last 10-12 years. Go Kurt Warner and the mighty Cards Also i don't want the Steelers to win cause if they win the SB could be the alone leaders of SB titles with 6, now they are tied with.... Dallas with 5.

VAMOS NICO!!!!!

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:11 AM   #2078
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

okay that sounds like a really interesting book, thanks for the review NicoFan and you got the name right, Juarez was the city where all those women were found died ... I have to remember the name so when I see it I buy it to read it in probably one or two years just kiddins

VAMOOS NICOOO!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #2079
country flag Sparko1030

American Idol started tonight! Usual mix of talent and crazies but as always, entertaining

VAMOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 01-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #2080
country flag NicoFan

Rather than calling it American Idol auditions, they should call it the American Idol Freak Show. But there were a couple of people who I could see being on the regular show. Plus there are always contestants that they don't show who end up becoming big players in Hollywood.

Not sure what I think about the new judge. At first, I was like do they really need another judge? But by the end, I kind of liked her.

VAMOS NICO!
(GET A FREAKING COACH AND GET YOUR WARRIOR ON!!! )

(Yes, definitely too long to have to type for every post. But it felt good to do it once. )
Old 01-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #2081
country flag Sparko1030

Yeah, this protion of AI should be subtitled "The Freak Show" Nicofan Good to see the judges aren't as mean as they used to be to the bad/sad ones at least. And I like the new judge too I think she was about ready to punch bikini girl (or at least have a "sing off" ) I think she's going to be a great addition to the show. The judges were sooooo predictable last year- Randy esp was just on auto pilot repeating his same phrases over and over and over....

(I'm going to shorten your phrase a bit)

VAMOOOOOS NICO!!!

GET YOUR WARRIOR ON!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 AM   #2082
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to wait until the weekend to give my opinion about the Freak show I mean Am Idol show ... well at least it seems the new judge hasn't kicked any of the other judges so I hope we'll be save in that department

I could post what you want NicoFan, if I copy it from you of course

VAMOOS NICOO!!!
GET A FREAKING COACH AND GET YOUR WARRIOR ON!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-15-2009, 03:13 AM   #2083
country flag kidnicky

oh and btw, the entry list from Acapulco is out ... it's sad not to see Nico on it but at least I didn't freak out since I'm not going either

VAMOOS NICOO!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 01-15-2009, 03:24 AM   #2084
country flag NicoFan

That's true, all we have to do is copy it! But better not...people might say we are being mean to Nico.

I saw the Acapulco entry list too and it was sad that Nico isn't on it. You aren't going, but still, I know Nico likes it there a lot.

And hey, I laughed soooo much today during AI. Jason's brother, Michael, was on tonight, and don't want to give it away for Kid, but there is something that Michael says about Jason that Kid will appreciate. I laughed and laughed when I heard it. Michael isn't bad either. But he's not as cute as Jason.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:03 AM   #2085
country flag Sparko1030

I posted on the "rockin" thread before I read this one and mentioned Michael too Nicofan-Kid is really going to appreciate it

VAMOOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ