Andyland Chat Thread Part 2 (they made me.) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #46
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyland Chat Thread Part 2 (they made me.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Yeah, it was my new place isn't cheap either but it's a lot less in rent and also, I'm spending less on gas b/c it's closer to work, and a couple of my other bills went down for some reason so overall, the savings is most excellent.
That's pretty cool to have that little bit more at the end of the month.

Quote:
awww I must say I didn't love it as much as other places in Italy or Europe, but it's pretty wonderful. You should set aside a little fund to be able to take a long weekend or something. Go in the off-season like March or October or something, prices go waaaaaaay down (especially this year, tourism in Italy is down like 30+% I've read )
Oh really? What parts of Italy did you prefer? Maybe one day when i finally get to go, i'll go there instead d: Rome always just looks so beautiful, but i suppose you can't really tell with a city until you go there and really immerse yourself in it. Yeah, saving to do that would be pretty doable. Just got to stop spending money on stupid things (clothes... )

Quote:
Yeah, they say that here too. Hopefully in a couple years the market will still be low for buyers. Um, a condo is just like a flat. I guess here, we'd call a place an "apartment" when you rent it, and a "condo (condominium)" when you buy it. But it's basically the same thing sometimes condo buildings are built a little better. But yeah, basically a flat that you buy and own as opposed to rent
Ahhhhh i see! Finally i get it All these times when i've heard it on the tv, i was like 'yeahhhhh...what?!' Okay, i thought it was a type of house aaaand i definitely didn't know it stood for condominium...sounds latin and posh
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #47
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFairy View Post
That's pretty cool to have that little bit more at the end of the month.
indeed it is

Quote:
Oh really? What parts of Italy did you prefer? Maybe one day when i finally get to go, i'll go there instead d: Rome always just looks so beautiful, but i suppose you can't really tell with a city until you go there and really immerse yourself in it. Yeah, saving to do that would be pretty doable. Just got to stop spending money on stupid things (clothes... )
I preferred both Venice and Florence. Thing is, Rome's got all these amazing ancient sites, and they're awesome. But the city itself did nothing for me, it's busy, tiring, confusing, the people are less nice, they're more out to get tourists, you have to watch your purse, etc. Reminded me of NYC, which is also not a city i like. but it is beautiful and if you want to go you should go plenty of people like rome more than florence or venice, no way to know what you'd like better til you see them all

I guess I'm lucky I'm not a big spender, especially when there's something I want, like going to Italy. I've cut my extra spending to almost zero in order to save It's all about priorities you can do it

Quote:
Ahhhhh i see! Finally i get it All these times when i've heard it on the tv, i was like 'yeahhhhh...what?!' Okay, i thought it was a type of house aaaand i definitely didn't know it stood for condominium...sounds latin and posh
aww nah, it's nothing really posh

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #48
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I preferred both Venice and Florence. Thing is, Rome's got all these amazing ancient sites, and they're awesome. But the city itself did nothing for me, it's busy, tiring, confusing, the people are less nice, they're more out to get tourists, you have to watch your purse, etc. Reminded me of NYC, which is also not a city i like. but it is beautiful and if you want to go you should go plenty of people like rome more than florence or venice, no way to know what you'd like better til you see them all
Well if you're telling me to go travelling all around Italy, i certainly do not have a problem with that

Quote:
I guess I'm lucky I'm not a big spender, especially when there's something I want, like going to Italy. I've cut my extra spending to almost zero in order to save It's all about priorities you can do it
Wow, you have some will-power, young lady! d: I, however, have very little! I definitely need to holiday someeeeewhere this summer. I cannot stay in London all summer, i will go mad. I want to go to Barcelona and see Gaudi architecture

g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #49
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if you're telling me to go travelling all around Italy, i certainly do not have a problem with that
Um, sure, yes

Quote:
Wow, you have some will-power, young lady! d: I, however, have very little! I definitely need to holiday someeeeewhere this summer. I cannot stay in London all summer, i will go mad. I want to go to Barcelona and see Gaudi architecture
Nah, I was raised by pretty cheap parents I never spent a lot of money but when there's something I really want, I am good at questioning myself every time I spend money and saying "if I spend money on this, what is it costing me with whatever I want more?" - for example with italy, it's "If I spend money on this, how many gelato is it worth in Italy"

Barcelona is great, too renee is going in a couple weeks

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #50
country flag MissFairy

Quote:
Um, sure, yes
Ah Deb, you know, you're really twisting my arm, here d:

Quote:
Nah, I was raised by pretty cheap parents I never spent a lot of money but when there's something I really want, I am good at questioning myself every time I spend money and saying "if I spend money on this, what is it costing me with whatever I want more?" - for example with italy, it's "If I spend money on this, how many gelato is it worth in Italy"

Barcelona is great, too renee is going in a couple weeks
Oh i was raised by cheap parents too, but for some reason, i have subconsciously gone in the exact opposite direction in my adult life I used to be better with my money, even like a year ago.

Mmmm gelatooooo

My friend went to Barca at the beginning of this month, i nearly died of jealousy I'm trying to go in the last few weeks of May, but it's going to pretty last minute if i do!

g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #51
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Ah Deb, you know, you're really twisting my arm, here d:
Well like I said to Jo, the nice thing about being in England is that it's easy to fly for a long weekend. So you can do it bit by bit.... just start saving

Quote:
Oh i was raised by cheap parents too, but for some reason, i have subconsciously gone in the exact opposite direction in my adult life I used to be better with my money, even like a year ago.

Mmmm gelatooooo

My friend went to Barca at the beginning of this month, i nearly died of jealousy I'm trying to go in the last few weeks of May, but it's going to pretty last minute if i do!
awwwwww you can do it maybe it's the jewish guilt thing but i can't even spend a few dollars on something frivolous without worrying about it

last minute can be good b/c you can get cheap last minute airfare but I think may's the high season in spain so you might face trouble finding a place to stay but there's always someplace If you can go, go!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #52
country flag MissFairy

Quote:
Well like I said to Jo, the nice thing about being in England is that it's easy to fly for a long weekend. So you can do it bit by bit.... just start saving
Okay, well i have bits and bobs from my wages and uhhh...well, there's April's paycheck It's a start!

Quote:
awwwwww you can do it maybe it's the jewish guilt thing but i can't even spend a few dollars on something frivolous without worrying about it

last minute can be good b/c you can get cheap last minute airfare but I think may's the high season in spain so you might face trouble finding a place to stay but there's always someplace If you can go, go!
Oh i get the guilt, believe me. But once i put on the new top/skirt/dress/shoes, the guilt magicly melts away. It's a grand old thing!

I will look into it seriously next week, my boyfriend is finishing his project on thursday so then we can look without him being superstressed about work

g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #53
country flag Deboogle!.

That's the spirit

Old 04-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #54
country flag MissFairy

Ahhh, and what would i need for a holiday...oh that's right...new clothes!

g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #55
country flag Deboogle!.

No, you wouldn't

Old 04-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #56
country flag MissFairy

I always shop for a holiday. It would be wrong to break tradition d:

g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #57
country flag Deboogle!.

no comment

Old 04-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #58
country flag MissFairy

I'll take your silence as an agreement then. Fank-yoo, Deb!

g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #59
country flag Deboogle!.

Um, that'd be a mistake

Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #60
country flag MissFairy

You can't take back your (fake) agreement now. What's done is done. I think i'll go shopping next week, in fact! ...that, i'm being serious about

g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!