Andyland Chat Thread Part 2 (they made me.) - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #541
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andyland Chat Thread Part 2 (they made me.)

Hi!
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #542
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

this thread is ....................nostalgia. Guess maybe Andy needs a win for me to show up
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #543
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #544
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Deb! How's the career going now? Hope all is well!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #545
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you know, same old same old. About to turn 30

How are you? and the family?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 06-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #546
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Oh you know, same old same old. About to turn 30

How are you? and the family?
30??? OMG Horrors! Man I would love to be 30 again; best time of my life

All are well thanks. The boys look and act like adults now much to my dismay because they wrongly think they can do and make decisions without asking Drives me crazy-especially the older one. Hubs seems to think that since he is 19 we can not make him see the errors of his ways although I feel otherwise. That puts a chink in our relationship as well. Funny but my mom telling me that she and my dad only argued when it had to do with their kids is coming home to rest. The good news is that even when the kids make decisions I don't agree with, at least they are not rash. Nate has the ability to plan and think things out but still goes ahead and does it.

Case in point- he bought an old motorcycle even though Steve and I said no no no until he was out of school and working. He took his own money (yes it was cheap) but this was after he took a motorcycle safety course, got a license and after bought all the right safety equipment. I am still mad

What's up with you? Nice pic on FB btw Still enjoying california? Work is still the same old huh? Just wait
Old 06-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #547
country flag Deboogle!.

Well I hope it is the best time of my life we'll see

you're funny wish i could help but i sure as hell wouldn't have any idea what to do boys will be boys, i guess? (almost accidentally typed GOYS there HAHAHAHA).. Anyway, good luck!

Thanks! It was from a wedding photo booth Yeah, work's the same, been at this firm well, almost a year I guess time flies when you are miserable as a lawyer I guess I've adopted a new mentality of work is just work, and frankly I really don't care about it and I can't let it stress me out because I can't be defined by my job and I need to enjoy life and do the things that make me happy. Too much time in Italy has affected me I guess so work is work, whatever

I am still enjoying California, really adopted the lifestyle by this point, I'm heading back east in a couple weeks for a rest and another wedding and I'm not sure what I'll do for 10 days without all my fruits and veggies and organic goodies

Are you still in Maine or have you relocated now?

Old 06-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #548
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

at the typo OMGawd.............

Still in Maine; Sam has 3 years left of HS so will not contemplate moving for the moment. Although I have been looking it is hard to start all over again at this time of my life and career. I even talked to Steve about my staying and he can go live in the other house. He is there for the summer again just like last summer. Sam heads out there for about 2.5 weeks in August and they are driving down the west coast to Carlsbad for a Bat Mitzvah of Steve's cousin's daughter. Good bonding I say I am staying here for my vacation for too many reasons to list although one was to hang with Nate but that idea is fading fast He is a pain at the moment.

Good for you about taking time for yourself. I am a work- a- holic but part of that is I am just so damn conscientious and obsessive. And of course I am obligated and responsible. Any adjectives I forgot?

Do you keep in touch with any one else from the earlier days of this board? I have Fee and Jiat on FB but that's it for those who rarely or never post these days. And esther but I don't think she ever posted on Andy's forum.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #549
country flag Deboogle!.

Oohh, well time for yourself is always nice kids are always pains, no? it's our job Driving from WA to Carlsbad? That'll be a drive! But pretty, I assume.

I understand about starting over. I've considered moving, but since I can't practice outside LA and don't really know what else I'd do (have contemplated culinary school but decided it just wouldn't work out), I'm in CA for the long haul I guess.

Well, I've just seen how people can live without being so caught up with work and I'm jealous of it. But it's requiring undoing the way I was raised and lots and lots of time having a single-minded focus on first education then career. I'm realizing that it leaves me very empty and what fulfills me are things like spending time with people I enjoy, cooking, baking, taking pictures, traveling, and things like that. I know lots of people who are happy workaholics and that's great, but for I'm realizing I can't do it. I also understand I couldn't be someone who just takes a leap and goes after a career in any of those, say, less "Stable" careers, so here I am... Luckily my job allows me to work a regular 9-5 type schedule so I can work on the rest of "me" but yet make the money I need. I don't need to be a millionaire to be happy You are amazing you forgot that one

Hm, I keep in touch with many people. Jiat is in LA so we see each other regularly and fee sometimes joins us and I talk to a bunch of people on MSN, actually most of the earlier Andyland members I am in some kind of touch with even if it's just the occasional tweet I come to Andyland regularly but don't go anywhere else on MTF anymore. Went to one GM thread the other day and quickly remembered why Actually in general I dont think tennis still holds the same level of interest as it once did. I still watch but not as diligently

Old 06-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #550
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

I agree- tennis doesn't really hold the same interest for either. Still love it but definitely don't watch it much anymore and certainly could care less who wins or loses I am AWESOME?? So says Deb. Thanks. I am ok. Getting old, tired and crochety. A little like your parents I bet Nice to hear you keep in touch. I never put MSN on my computer when I upgraded and now I use a laptop. I put skype on to chat with Nate but we only did that once. I use FB chat to keep in touch with esther but that's it. And it is doubtful I will ever go to a tennis tournament now. Can't deal with the heat and live streaming has come a long way.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #551
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

You would have to take the law boards again I presume if you moved?
Old 06-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #552
country flag Deboogle!.

Yes, so says me. So there Yea, I haven't been to a tourney in a long time. Would rather spend the money on traveling, which has impacted my life much more profoundly than any tennis tournament plus like you said, the heat is crazy and the only worthwhile tourney out here is IW and the heat/cold craziness there is rough

Yep since CA's bar is so much harder than basically anywhere else, they don't offer reciprocity, so therefore no state offers reciprocity to CA lawyers. Some states allow you to apply in if you've been in practice a certain # of years (i know TX does that), but I'd only really consider going back to MA and I"m pretty sure they don't allow anything like that and I haven't been practicing long enough anyway. So, CA it is for now

Old 06-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #553
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Would you really head back to Mass if you could? If it was easier I guess.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #554
country flag Deboogle!.

I honestly don't know. A little over a year ago, after I came back from Italy, I was miserable. And I considered it. But I think it was very knee-jerk. There would be pros and cons to both, easier in some ways and more difficult in others.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #555
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Always good to not make quick decisions. I always tend to look on the bright side and think- go to bed as it will all be better in the morning. Even if it takes many mornings