The "RF" chat thread - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #931
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "A thing of beauty is a joy forever" chat thread

Sean, congrats!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #932
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Karin's posting in the Fed forum!

Welcome back!
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:50 AM   #933
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
I'm hoping for the end of September but that is subject to change!

She's a beautiful texas rose, she's a mix of Irish, Mexican and Cherokee. She works as a nurse. I think she's totally gorgeous.

She's the most amazing gal I've ever met and how she puts up with me I'll never know.

I met her through a mutual friend who insisted we would get along and she was right. We are both pretty simple homebodies. We don't do exciting things for the most part, but I am happy with her and she is happy with me.
So nice to hear real life romance..

Edit: & Congrat of course.

Last edited by clever1980 : 07-31-2009 at 03:03 AM.
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:53 AM   #934
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Merci and thanks for the wellwishes!
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #935
country flag Venle

Venle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sean for finding the one. Weddings are so beautiful and by your description you sound like a lovely couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita View Post
what a week you're having

you're a fan of Ernest?
It could have been your house i hope they are fine at least
twins

btw are you going to watch the next twilight movie?
I know

Yep, a fan and annoyed because he doesn't win anymore. Well, I'm optimistic.
It was so scary when she came to tell us. Their house is a lot bigger but only some bushes separate our garden from theirs Yes, they are fine. She lost some jewelry from her former husband, irreplaceable. I feel it for her. Luckily the thief didn't make a mess.

Yes, I very much think so. I saw the trailer at HP6 and it looked nice. Taylor cut the hair. You are going to check it out too, I assume?
Venle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 AM   #936
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Yvo, Nadine, Doris, Sean, Venla, Tarrie, timafi (forgot your name, sorry ),Rita, Karin

Congrats Sean Best wishes for however you decide things to proceed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Busy again now. Been away yesterday evening and the night before, for Andy of course, and working full time. Now I'm really tired and I gotta upload the photos I took the other nights (of course it'll be ncie to see Andy appearing on my computer, but I am simply too tired to start )

Yeah reading back is good

Yeah you are right, but it's fun to learn languages. It's just that I'm really bad in it, I always failed all my tests And it takes some discipline, because you simply have to concentrate on it for a longer time. Therefore I think learning a language is best when you have a chance to actually use the language.
I'm not great at learning new languages, even though I am interested in doing so .
Yep, I agree. Like learning a language to which we have more exposure is easier than trying to learn a language which isn't in much usage. That's why I had a little trouble learning Sanskrit. We don't really use it much for general conversation and that makes it difficult to learn the usage and forms . However if it's a language to which you are exposed in your everyday life, it's much easier

Quote:
Yep did see him both evenings on Monday only flashing by during the race, but they do like a 2km round a lot of times, so I saw him in a flash like 30 or 40 times
But yesterday I had a chance to get near him (but my friends got lost among the people so I couldn't get a photo with him), but Andy even put his hand on my shoulder and said "sorry" when he had to pass me and I stood in his way He seems really adorable in real life
Oh and we had lots of fun cheering for him during the race, every round my friend and I kept shouting the names of Andy, Fränk and Koen (a Dutch cyclist). Andy had to smile a few times when he heard his name, and Fränk was even funnier, once he said something (we still don't know what exactly he said) and once he turned his head around to look who kept shouting his name
Good to hear that Bet you had great fun
Pics please

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Am I the only one who absolutely hates it when this forum has this eerie silence and there isn't a post for hours and hours? It almost feels like a grave yard sometimes.
I feel like that too But it often happens when Fed isn't playing.
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 AM   #937
country flag Venle

Venle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Wow a lot happened...

I know you don't mind me talking about Andy, at least I got someone to talk to who knows him as well. But I "introduced" my friend to Andy in Stiphout, so now she knows who I talk about when I mention Andy. Yeah Andy finishing 2nd was great and the white jersey suits him well, I rather see him in Yellow next year though. (would be cool if he can win the double, next year would be last chance for him)

So you like HP as well... when people mention the movie I feel like going there as well, but I know I am ofetn a little disappointed because I expect too much after reading the book.

Venla (should've started the post with this I think )
Yes.

It's indeed nice to have someone else here who knows Andy as well. Andy's great.
Let's cheer for the double. Ah, I want to see him in the yellow shirt all the way

I do like HP. It's one of my favourites. I've read 1-4 books many times, 7th only in English, 5th a couple of times, the 6th I don't remember so well (gonna read it again) but my friend whom I was there with said the movie was so different compared to the book. So I'll warn you.

But apart from the differences, I'd consider HBP as the best film among with Goblet of Fire.

I'm reading Order of Phoenix in English now. Because after I'd have finished it and rambled through the 6th I could be proud to say I've read them all in the two languages.

Books are better.
Yvo
Old 07-31-2009, 08:04 AM   #938
country flag Venle

I love languages and I'd consider my ability to learn them easily one of my strengths.
Hi Lekha!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:15 AM   #939
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Venla
I saw HP too Liked the movie as a movie. But, it is quite different from the book. I still don't know how people who haven't read the book follow the movie
A few awesome sequences were there though
And Alan Rickman was awesome as well

Books are definitely better
Old 07-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #940
country flag HighHopes

HighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond reputeHighHopes has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone say Harry Potter? *joins the conversation immediately*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venle View Post
I do like HP. It's one of my favourites. I've read 1-4 books many times, 7th only in English, 5th a couple of times, the 6th I don't remember so well (gonna read it again) but my friend whom I was there with said the movie was so different compared to the book. So I'll warn you.
Good to see I'm not the only one that read the books more than once .
Quote:
But apart from the differences, I'd consider HBP as the best film among with Goblet of Fire.
The Goblet of Fire was the best . I really hated the HBP .
Quote:
Books are better.
Books are almost always better than the movies. And I'm speaking generally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
I still don't know how people who haven't read the book follow the movie
Yup, I wondered that too. Imo, they should have cut the HBP in 2 parts as well .
Quote:
And Alan Rickman was awesome as well
Alan Rickman is amaze
Quote:
Books are definitely better
The books are great indeed.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #941
country flag trickcy

Moni

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHopes View Post
Did anyone say Harry Potter? *joins the conversation immediately*
A fellow HP fan, I see

Quote:
Good to see I'm not the only one that read the books more than once .
Same here. Own them all, and I've read them so many times, it's not even funny

Quote:
The Goblet of Fire was the best . I really hated the HBP .
I liked GoF the best too. Like I said, a couple of pages before, throughout HBP, I was complaining about the plot selection and what all they missed out

Quote:
Books are almost always better than the movies. And I'm speaking generally.

Yup, I wondered that too. Imo, they should have cut the HBP in 2 parts as well .

Alan Rickman is amaze

The books are great indeed.
Yup, generally speaking, when movies are based on books, I almost always prefer the books.

Yeah, they left out so many important stuff
I hope TDH I and II turn out better

Alan "velvet voice" Rickman is indeed brilliant He was my favourite actor to watch in HP Kept waiting and waiting for his screen appearances Snape also happens to be one of my favourite characters, so that's good.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #942
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

yep, been following Alan Rickman for years, way before HP... he's great in Truly, Madly, Deeply and in that old Brit series Barchester Chronicles when he was young and played this unsympathetic character! and he was hilarious in the first Diehard movie!

I have yet to see him in the theatre though...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #943
country flag trickcy

RogiFan
He was brilliant as Hans Gruber in Diehard. And I liked him in Robin Hood : Prince of Thieves. (That was the first time I saw him. ) And Truly, Madly, Deeply as well as Sense and Sensibility
Old 07-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #944
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
RogiFan
He was brilliant as Hans Gruber in Diehard. And I liked him in Robin Hood : Prince of Thieves. (That was the first time I saw him. ) And Truly, Madly, Deeply as well as Sense and Sensibility
yeah, Hans was one of my fave AR roles!! he was brill! TMD is a fave film because I've seen Juliet Stevenson in the theatre a few times and she's amazing and a great friend of AR -- S&S, AR's role was just a bit too quiet for my liking; his character was barely there (and I am not a fan of ET at all... ) if you can get a hold of Barchester, check it out!

I am a British theatre fan!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #945
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

I love that GIF, not because the DS is amaze but because of how casual and "I'm the boss" Fed looks there after executing the shot.