The "RF" chat thread - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #76
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I'm going to be the whole week in Halle together with Karin. I also would like to go to Basel in autumn, though it's not official yet as I'm waiting for the tourdates of my favourite band who are rumoured to go on tour in Germany during that time.

How about you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
I'm now waiting for Düsseldorf (Simo will play again) and I will for sure be in Halle again, not sure yet how many days. Depends a bit on the schedule of my friends. Most probably I will go one day to 's Hertogenbosch and I hope for some nice players in the challengers in the region. Hopefully I can meet all my favorites once in the tennissummer
Quote:

I also had nice meetings with tennisfans, including you and Karin, also Yukio, Doris, Ste and Eva back in Basel 2 years ago.
How nice!!!

Quote:
The band I was talking about is called a-ha I don't know if you have ever heard of them because they were especially popular at a time when you weren't even born. Maybe you know their most famous song "Take on me".
A-ha concert!!! That is great..
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 12:01 AM   #77
country flag Eden
#Hopp Suisse

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tarrie

I remember you once mentioned a-ha as well. I opened a thread about them in Non Tennis. They are going to release a new album this year.

How are you? Did you celebrate Easter? Do you have any new suggestions for an interesting question of the day?
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #78
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Tarrie

I remember you once mentioned a-ha as well. I opened a thread about them in Non Tennis. They are going to release a new album this year.

How are you? Did you celebrate Easter? Do you have any new suggestions for an interesting question of the day?
Hi Doris!

I loved A-ha on their heydays but haven't heard or seen them for quite some time. A new album will be great. I should check it out when it comes out. (Let me take a peep at Non-tennis thread in a minute.)

I am great. Thanks for asking. Hope you are doing well also. I don't celebrate Easter because I am Buddhist. I don't have much interesting question for now, I am afraid. But I certainly love to read my fellow Fed fans' comments which make me feel like I have friends who love tennis and Roger.
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #79
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Tarrie

They are a Norwegian band right? I haven't heard much of their music but there is always this song that I always listen to:

I hope there are no clashes Doris and you get to see them
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #80
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I understand what you mean Yvo It's something special when you get to see Roger. There's a special atmosphere in the stadion then as well.

I think the chances aren't too bad that Marco will be in Halle, right?
Yeah, I should be happy I could see him several times during the years. And that he is the first player I saw in real life How lucky I am!

Marco played the year before I visited Halle first time, he was injured the two years after. But as he has Halle as his practise base and his coach is usually there, I guess the chances are pretty big indeed I hope so. If Marco doesn't come to Holland, I should go to him

Quote:
It only reminds me how old I am
Try to make it remember you what a devoted fan you are

Quote:
Yes, I know

I also had nice meetings with tennisfans, including you and Karin, also Yukio, Doris, Ste and Eva back in Basel 2 years ago.
Yukio and Ste are great, I try to get them visiting Halle as well. I hope I can meet Eva once, it's on my "mtf wish-list"

Quote:
Yes, indeed

I have already told you how much I regret it that I never went to tournaments earlier on to see Becker, Stich, Rafter, Sampras, Agassi and of course Kuerten. Also I missed the chance to see Roger in his earlier days of his career.

I understand what you mean, I already feel like that, and I did start visiting tournaments on a younger age. But I was too shy and unsure to go alone in my first years as a tennisfan and none of my friends were interested in coming with me.

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #81
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever1980 View Post
How nice!!!
Tarrie

I think we are lucky here in Europe, there are always fans travelling to the tournaments. I'm happy I had the chance to meet several posters already

Hopp Suisse!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #82
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tarrie, Doris, Karin, Yvo, Nadine, everybody

Quote:
Well, the admins promised that the threads would be back, so this is good news

Lekha, so you are a fan of Ferrero? It's always nice when a player wins a tournament again after so many years.
Yes, I like Ferrero too It's been 5 1/2 years Since Madrid 03, if I remember right... So it's awesome that he won a title again, esp after all his injuries and stuff

I hope that the Basel tournament and the concert don't clash, and that you can attend both.

Doris, Yvo and Karin, It must be nice to have met fellow MTF posters
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #83
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Lekha how's you today?

It'll be Seppi-Federer in R2, I hope Rogi is super sharp
Old 04-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #84
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nadine I'm fine, thanks. A little sleepy the whole day, but other than that good. How about you?
What have you been doing today?

Yeah, Roger better be. I'm glad he's playing MC.. Or else Rome would have seemed so long away..

Btw, has anybody seen Elsie around? She hasn't been posting much recently, has she?
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #85
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Hey Lekha, Nadine

Lekha, it's definitely nice to meet others. Tournaments are such a great place to meet people, not just posters, but other people as well. There always seem to be a nice mix of nationalities

Seppi-Federer seems like a nice match, when will it be played? I would like to watch it!

Hopp Suisse!

Last edited by Nymeria : 04-13-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #86
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
Hi Nadine I'm fine, thanks. A little sleepy the whole day, but other than that good. How about you?

Yeah, Roger better be. I'm glad he's playing MC.. Or else Rome would have seemed so long away..

Btw, has anybody seen Elsie around? She hasn't been posting much recently, has she?
Hi Sorry to barge in here - but I just saw you mention Elsie. She doesn't really post on MTF anymore - all the nasty stuff that goes on here kind of got to her a bit and she wanted a break But she's fine in herself - she and I keep in touch regularly, and I will tell her that you're asking after her next time we speak. She does occasionally lurk to read posts here from time to time, - so maybe she'll see it for herself She's fine and happy anyway - just returned from a couple of weeks back in Holland to celebrate her Birthday with her family there.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #87
country flag Dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post

Lekha I'm good, a bit sleepy myself . Haven't done much to be honest, did some Chemistry revision, had lunch, watched the Monaco-Chardy match and that's about it. I want to go out and cycle for a bit- the weather is beautiful outside .

Who is Elsie? What's her username?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #88
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Lekha I'm good, a bit sleepy myself . Haven't done much to be honest, did some Chemistry revision, had lunch, watched the Monaco-Chardy match and that's about it. I want to go out and cycle for a bit- the weather is beautiful outside .

Who is Elsie? What's her username?
Strangely enough her user name is *Elsie* Used to be Connie when she first joined MTF. She stopped posting towards the end of last year - not sure how well you would know her, as she generally posted only in the Fed and Tursunov Forums - not elsewhere on MTF really.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 04-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #89
country flag Dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
Strangely enough her user name is *Elsie* Used to be Connie when she first joined MTF. She stopped posting towards the end of last year - not sure how well you would know her, as she generally posted only in the Fed and Tursunov Forums - not elsewhere on MTF really.
Thanks for that Rosie, not sure I have seen her around

How was that lasagne yesterday Rosie? My mum forgot the lasagne in the oven, it was literally coal black when she got it out...not to mention the choking gases, I seriously have no luck
Old 04-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #90
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Thanks for that Rosie, not sure I have seen her around

How was that lasagne yesterday Rosie? My mum forgot the lasagne in the oven, it was literally coal black when she got it out...not to mention the choking gases, I seriously have no luck
Rather afraid to say now that it was actually lovely We only ate half of it though, - the rest went in the freezer - so the invitation is still open to come over one day and share