The "RF" chat thread - Page 178 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #2656
country flag Eden
Ole ole ole ole

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Well, I've only been the once. It was an interesting experience, I'll grant you that, but the cheap seats (and you have to go *really* far up to get to the cheap ones) are absolutely vertiginous. And you only get 2 matches for your money, one doubles and one singles, and the singles could be over 6-2, 6-1. So could the doubles, of course. Personally, I don't need all the dry ice and loud music to enjoy tennis, but there you are ... And if I'm going to shell out £20 I'd rather do it for a ground pass at Wimbledon, to be honest.
I'm always willing to spend a bit more money for tickets to get a good seat. I have also already heard from people about the seats high up in the stands.

The advantage of the WTF according to the people I know who have been there is that you are guaranteed to see at least 3 matches of each player given they are healthy.

Sure, matches could be over soon but you always have that risk at every other tournament as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
I would prefer that he play Stockholm instead of Basel if it's the same schedule. Have you decided what tournaments you will be going to this year?
I'm still waiting for the decision of Roger if he is going to play in Basel...

There was a report in Swiss media a few days ago about the issue. Tony Godsick was quoted that he doesn't want to talk to the press about it and Roger Brennwald mentioned that he couldn't say anything apart from the fact that he hopes that there will be a solution.

He will hold a pressconference at the end of April/beginning of May to announce the topplayers of the tournament and so we will hopefully hear a bit more about the situation then.

Quote:
Also, are you in Fans4Roger?
Yes, I am

It was a really good decision to join the club because otherwise I wouldn't have met so many great people. Apart from that the fanclub is an easy way to order tickets for tournaments and gives you the opportunity to have special Roger events, for example the meeting with him on his opening day in Basel.

Therefore it is also really important that he will play there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
BTW - hat does he have on his right arm? I mean what an injury is he protecting with this black "sock". He wore it in IN in practice as well.
Sorry Luna, I don't know.

Maybe you can ask in his forum here...
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #2657
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thx for posting
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #2658
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Goffin just won Rd 2 against Kohlshrieber!

Glad to see him break the Rd-1-2 jinx finally. His forehand is so sweet!

THE NOSE WILL PREVAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
FEDERER GASQUET NALBANDIANGOFFIN
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #2659
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

this manip :

Quote:
Yep, I really LOL'd at that one. Thanks. Glad to see I'm not the only one who worries about AW.

I wonder what Mirka thinks of her..haha.
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:25 AM   #2660
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I'm still waiting for the decision of Roger if he is going to play in Basel...

There was a report in Swiss media a few days ago about the issue. Tony Godsick was quoted that he doesn't want to talk to the press about it and Roger Brennwald mentioned that he couldn't say anything apart from the fact that he hopes that there will be a solution.

He will hold a pressconference at the end of April/beginning of May to announce the topplayers of the tournament and so we will hopefully hear a bit more about the situation then.
Was it this one?
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/te...story/31332821

Quote:

Yes, I am

It was a really good decision to join the club because otherwise I wouldn't have met so many great people. Apart from that the fanclub is an easy way to order tickets for tournaments and gives you the opportunity to have special Roger events, for example the meeting with him on his opening day in Basel.
I really wish I could be in that club! Doesn't seem worth it if you don't live in Europe ,though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Goffin just won Rd 2 against Kohlshrieber!

Glad to see him break the Rd-1-2 jinx finally. His forehand is so sweet!
Yay. Good luck to him against Almagro.
I've only been watching Maria's matches and I did see Blake lose to Ramos
Old 03-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #2661
country flag Eden
Ole ole ole ole

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
I really wish I could be in that club! Doesn't seem worth it if you don't live in Europe ,though
Well, they have members from abroad. (I'm also from abroad )
I guess many of them joined in order to attend the fanclubday which takes place since 2009.

Quote:
Yay. Good luck to him against Almagro.
Goffin lost but at least he took more games as in the match I saw of him live in Rotterdam - when he lost with 2 bagels against Jarkko
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #2662
country flag Fed_Ds

Quote:
Yes

Well, they have members from abroad. (I'm also from abroad )
I guess many of them joined in order to attend the fanclubday which takes place since 2009.
yeah but you're in Europe and close to a bunch of tournaments where Rog plays. Lucky you. .

Quote:
Yes
Goffin lost but at least he took more games as in the match I saw of him live in Rotterdam - when he lost with 2 bagels against Jarkko
Poor Goffin. Only players I like that are left Haas, Tsonga, and Cilic.
Haven't been watching much of Miami, just Maria b/c she is my 2nd fave. player.
Also did you see that Berdych is wearing Roger's AO shoes? Don't know how I feel about that...
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #2663
country flag Fed_Ds

I wanted to post this in the thread where tennis players say nice things about Roger
but couldn't find it . It's probably staring me right in the face

Quote:
Milos Raonic ‏@milosraonic 38m
“@AnsarPSG: @milosraonic #AskMilos hardest opponent you've faced in ATP?” Federer
https://twitter.com/milosraonic
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #2664
country flag Eden
Ole ole ole ole

Quote:
yeah but you're in Europe and close to a bunch of tournaments where Rog plays. Lucky you. .
Yes, I know it's quite helpful to live in Europe but as a fan of Roger it seems pretty normal for many people to travel around the world.

You always meet fans from Canada, USA, South America or Asia at tournaments.

Quote:
I wanted to post this in the thread where tennis players say nice things about Roger
but couldn't find it . It's probably staring me right in the face

https://twitter.com/milosraonic
You mean the Player's Comment thread - it is on the first page of the forum

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=7028
Old 03-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #2665
country flag Fed_Ds

^^
Thanks can't believe I missed it!

I am rooting for a Haas-Gasquet final with Tommy winning.
Anyone else?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #2666
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am rooting for a Haas-Gasquet final with Tommy winning.
Anyone else?
I'd like the same Tommy is up a set now, looking good so far. 6-4, 1-1.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #2667
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have loved Haas to win, too . What happens if Gasquet beats Murray? Probably won't though, although the way this tourny is turning out ...
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #2668
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd have loved Haas to win, too . What happens if Gasquet beats Murray? Probably won't though, although the way this tourny is turning out ...
He didn't.

Top-3 seeding for the USO looks in peril now, but we can take heart in that Roger has secured the record for most slams in a row seeded in the top-3. If he manages RG and Wimbledon, which looks all but certain, that's 10 years or 40 slams in a row.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:40 AM   #2669
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

All cheer for David at the Miami final, eh?
I hope I won't have to explain *why*. (

folks!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #2670
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

well I was cheering for Ferru anyways, but it was not to be.
well, nothing new... Fed has been #3 before (last year, actually)

Karin