The "RF" chat thread - Page 173 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #2581
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Fedex shows his magic" chat thread

Hi folks, thanks for your well wishes for Roger (and of course for us, too, as we'd like to see him around in Rotterdam as long as possible ).

Rodge is bound to do a lot of promotional activities coming Monday in Rotterdam, one of which... quite next to our hotel.

@ Doris, hope you're feeling better by now. Be sure to take along some warm clothes, it's snowing out here right now.
See you tomorrow in Amersfoort!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #2582
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Karin & Doris, have fun! Please tell Roger we love him
And thanks Doris for your report on DC hope you can see a better result this time
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #2583
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun there, hope you can meet Roger
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #2584
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Have a wonderful time, both of you!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #2585
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun you two! Should be a great week of tennis.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #2586
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Karin & Doris, have fun! Please tell Roger we love him
And thanks Doris for your report on DC hope you can see a better result this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Have fun there, hope you can meet Roger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Have a wonderful time, both of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Have fun you two! Should be a great week of tennis.
Thanks you all!
It's going to be fun, if Roger keeps his part of the deal of course - which I trust he will.
Should at least make it to the SF, and hopefully no Davydenko (or any other player) suddenly playing lights-out tennis against him this time (of course you just never can tell...).

Despite not playing an official match tomorrow, Rog's going to be all over Rotterdam with promotional activities. Mr. Krajicek surely's made him work for the cash this time, .

Anathema

Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #2587
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun! Wish I were there.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #2588
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Have fun! Wish I were there.
Sean

Well so far, so good.
Even if most of us pretty much like Tsonga, most of us weren't too sad to see him hit the way out, either.
Sensational victory by my countryman Igor Sijsling!
A few of the Fed fanclub-ladies went for an autograph and a picture with him today.

Roger has been very active and cooperative on the promotional activities and fan meetings department in Rotterdam. Public training sessions, autographing sessions, whatever, he's "everywhere" and appears to be very happy and comfortable, apart perhaps on Monday with the giant tennis racket at the Hofplein - it was very very cold and judging on the pictures made of that occasion, Roger didn't spend any second longer out there in the cold than he was necessarily asked to.

There is a bit of an anecdote I'd like to share: the ladies carrying the Red Envelope actually got filmed and interviewed by a local TV-station while waiting outside for Roger to appear. The camera guys could barely believe it when he indeed did appear, being his normal friendly self to everyone. The ladies had quite a job convincing the camera guys that he'd have done the exact same friendly thing without the camera's being around.

I can personally attest to that being indeed true.

Anathema

Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #2589
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
There is a bit of an anecdote I'd like to share: the ladies carrying the Red Envelope actually got filmed and interviewed by a local TV-station while waiting outside for Roger to appear. The camera guys could barely believe it when he indeed did appear, being his normal friendly self to everyone. The ladies had quite a job convincing the camera guys that he'd have done the exact same friendly thing without the camera's being around.

I can personally attest to that being indeed true.
yep, I read a bit about that on RF.com. If you see those guys, tell them to check out Roger's facebook posts from last October. He posted a pic of himself holding the Shanghai RE and thanking his fans for it.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #2590
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Karin. I was so happy for the RE couriers. It's such a great tradition

Please stay warm. I'm so jealous of you guys. Seems like such a fan friendly tournament!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #2591
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger has been very active and cooperative on the promotional activities and fan meetings department in Rotterdam. Public training sessions, autographing sessions, whatever, he's "everywhere" and appears to be very happy and comfortable, apart perhaps on Monday with the giant tennis racket at the Hofplein - it was very very cold and judging on the pictures made of that occasion, Roger didn't spend any second longer out there in the cold than he was necessarily asked to.
I'm trying to come up with a decent pun on "Hofplein" and "hoofdpijn" or something. Definitely not succeeding at present.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #2592
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
I'm trying to come up with a decent pun on "Hofplein" and "hoofdpijn" or something. Definitely not succeeding at present.

Well talking about hoofdpijn...

Another anecdote I'd like to share with you folks.
I met up with a lovely Japanese lady - who actually offered Roger a rose at the aforementioned Hofplein - , and well... I promised her she'd get her picture with Roger, yesterday.

And know what, whenever I make a promise, I'm bound to keep it.
So yesterday I spent some two hours in the freezing cold at the "artists entry" of Ahoy to get that picture done.
Seriously, we were freezing our [insert various body parts here] off during the wait.

Guess what, when finally, FINALLY, Rodge came out, he immediately asked us "well, who have you been waiting for?", being his fantastic ultimately DORKY self!
Of course, we all got our pictures, autographs, and friendly words - not to mention the HUGS!!!! - from the Maestro himself.
Not to forget to mention, Roger actually remembered Lady X offering him a rose at the Hofplein on Monday before!

*speechless* *speechless* *speechless*

The guy is such a genuine, friendly, NORMAL bloke, just incredible, considering his accolades....

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 02-15-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 AM   #2593
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Quote:

Guess what, when finally, FINALLY, Rodge came out, he immediately asked us "well, who have you been waiting for?", being his fantastic ultimately DORKY self!
Of course, we all got our pictures, autographs, and friendly words - not to mention the HUGS!!!! - from the Maestro himself.
Not to forget to mention, Roger actually remembered Lady X offering him a rose at the Hofplein on Monday before!

*speechless* *speechless* *speechless*

The guy is such a genuine, friendly, NORMAL bloke, just incredible, considering his accolades....
you lucky devils!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #2594
Anathemaniac

Okay, just to add a little positive news considering circumstances already talked about enough...

Roger's match against Benneteau might well have been the *worst* I saw of him over ten years' time.
Seriously, he was just total GARBAGE.
Credits to whom deserves them, Benneteau was the better player on all aspects of the game, and I'm happy to be able to see him in the final tomorrow, a genuine reward for his excellent showing this tournament.

But just for a little indication on how much of a genuine gentleman/sweetheart that Roger indeed is, I will hereby report on behalf of who were there (as I myself wasn't), that Rodge came out after midnight to sign autographs, take pictures, etc. for the waiting crowd of fans, even despite his heartbreaking loss.

How.... bloody.... ARROGANT of him!!!!

No?

Anathema

Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #2595
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely . After midnight, too!

Having Benneteau in the final I think makes the loss slightly less tough to bear. (And I have to say the way the seeds were falling in that tournament I half expected Roger to be among them, anyway).
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote