The "RF" chat thread - Page 172 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #2566
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Fedex shows his magic" chat thread

Congrats fellow Fedfans! Roger does it a again, what a player!

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #2567
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
It's going to be tough to get off the nocturnal schedule next week.
Just ask your boss for another week holidays to recover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Congrats fellow Fedfans! Roger does it a again, what a player!
Welcome in here Tom

Yes, it's been a great tournament for Roger so far, no matter what is going to happen now.

To extend the GS QF streak and to reach his 10th consecutive AO SF is pretty impressive
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #2568
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again, dear folks!

Well it wasn't to be for Roger here, but let's just be objective for a moment - Murray was the by far better player in his SF match (he should have closed it out in 4, all kudos to Roger that he managed to take it to a 5th set at all) - there should be no excuses made, rather the contrary, as I think Roger did a great job at this AO, 10th consequetive SF at a GS once again, and that at the age of 31!
Great job indeed, very well done, even the more when one has a look at his draw, which surely wasn't the easiest out there, to say the least!

I felt very impressed by the way Murray didn't at all yap/complain about his blisters until after the second set TB in that final today. It must have bothered him, but in contrary to what we witness all too often nowadays, Mr. Murray kept the gentleman-sportmanship's approach, and didn't call out for the trainer/MTO until AFTER that 2nd set. Kudo's to him for that, and I so much hope other players (Azarenka, huh?) have kept notice of it.

Pretty nice to see Djokovic keeping the Gorilla-shirt-ripping attitude in the drawer as well. Well apparently he's a rather intelligent guy, who understands that his post-match celebration after his match against Stan didn't go down all too well with a lot of the tennis fans.

On to Rotterdam now!
It doesn't all too much hurt that it will be a Murray/djoko-free tournament, in stead of whom, we'll be witnessing Tsonga (WOW! what a nice fellow!) and Del Potro in stead, not to mention folks like Goffin and Janovic as well.

I'm looking forward to it, oh yeah!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #2569
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I felt very impressed by the way Murray didn't at all yap/complain about his blisters until after the second set TB in that final today. It must have bothered him, but in contrary to what we witness all too often nowadays, Mr. Murray kept the gentleman-sportmanship's approach, and didn't call out for the trainer/MTO until AFTER that 2nd set. Kudo's to him for that, and I so much hope other players (Azarenka, huh?) have kept notice of it.
Oh, was that what it was? I was in transit after the second set, and when I got home Andy suddenly had white things protruding from his socks which hadn't been there before. The BBC commentators mentioned something about a hamstring problem, but I couldn't see what that had to do with it.

Quote:
Pretty nice to see Djokovic keeping the Gorilla-shirt-ripping attitude in the drawer as well. Well apparently he's a rather intelligent guy, who understands that his post-match celebration after his match against Stan didn't go down all too well with a lot of the tennis fans.
Yes, I thought so, although I attributed it simply to the match not being such a titanic struggle that it was appropriate (assuming you think it's ever appropriate in the first place. I don't).
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #2570
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

How weird. I suddenly seem to have 1491.3000000000002 credits! huh?
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #2571
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
How weird. I suddenly seem to have 1491.3000000000002 credits! huh?
That happens regularly, both to me and others. But the decimals disappear quickly.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #2572
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Karin, I'm away to Geneve for the Davis Cup until Monday evening.

I'll contact you next week about the details for Rotterdam

Talking about Rotterdam:

The bill from the hospital is still keeping me busy

I got it back from my health insurance company as they needed a more detailled list.

I called them and asked why they don't write to the hospital but they said they wouldn't be allowed to do it due to data protection.

So I wrote an e-mail to the hospital but never got an answer apart from the "Thanks for your e-mail. We will get in contact with you within the next 3 days."

I wrote a normal letter to them then but all I got was a dunning letter

I wrote again an e-mail but never got a reply. So I wrote an e-mail to my health insurance company and got a call from the lady there a few days later. Meanwhile I had already decided to call the hospital directly but they were just available weekdays from 9 - 12

That means I had to take overtime hours at work so that I could call the hospital on Monday from home.

It was a bit funny to find the right connection to an employee who was responsible for my concern.

I didn't really understood what the Dutch person said about who I would get in contact with when I click 1, 2, 3 and so on

I clicked the number of which sounded the right one and asked the person I got to talk with if he would speak English or German. He said he would speak a bit German and we talked about everything.

Hopefully I will get the right bill now so that I can give it to my health insurance company...

I was already joking to myself that I just could go to the hospital in 2 weeks and give them the money there and they give me the bill

See you next week
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #2573
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun, Rotterdam-bound folks!

Should be good fun for you.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #2574
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Looking at wawrinka great fight in this weekend, I am really disappointed Roger didn't play, especially with the chance of playing Kazakhstan at home in the quarters...

He could've skipped Rotterdam and played Davis cup instead if he didn't want to overplay.

I still don't understand his decision not to play

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #2575
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, I uploaded this today for you guys! Hope you enjoy it even though our man lost in the SF.
Enjoy

THIS IS MAGIC

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, B蚶tad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #2576
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!

My once-in-a-while post appearing again.
I did watch some of the DC-matches of the Swiss team against the Czechs, too bad it was to no avail... but the atmosphere in Geneva looked quite well to me. Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Karin, I'm away to Geneve for the Davis Cup until Monday evening.

I'll contact you next week about the details for Rotterdam

Talking about Rotterdam:

The bill from the hospital is still keeping me busy

I got it back from my health insurance company as they needed a more detailled list.

I called them and asked why they don't write to the hospital but they said they wouldn't be allowed to do it due to data protection.

So I wrote an e-mail to the hospital but never got an answer apart from the "Thanks for your e-mail. We will get in contact with you within the next 3 days."

I wrote a normal letter to them then but all I got was a dunning letter

I wrote again an e-mail but never got a reply. So I wrote an e-mail to my health insurance company and got a call from the lady there a few days later. Meanwhile I had already decided to call the hospital directly but they were just available weekdays from 9 - 12

That means I had to take overtime hours at work so that I could call the hospital on Monday from home.

It was a bit funny to find the right connection to an employee who was responsible for my concern.

I didn't really understood what the Dutch person said about who I would get in contact with when I click 1, 2, 3 and so on

I clicked the number of which sounded the right one and asked the person I got to talk with if he would speak English or German. He said he would speak a bit German and we talked about everything.

Hopefully I will get the right bill now so that I can give it to my health insurance company...

I was already joking to myself that I just could go to the hospital in 2 weeks and give them the money there and they give me the bill

See you next week
Doris
My computer broke down three weeks ago, and I've had a lot of trouble with it, getting a repair done for some 250 euro's, only to find out that eventually, I was forced to buy a complete new system all the same, as apparently the motherboard broke down - I already hinted at that, but damn damn damn the fixers wouldn't listen to me - so ughggg... well there's a complaint file on their way alright.

Damn to see this health insureance business is still a major trouble to you!
Please bring along your Insurance notices when you come to Rotterdam, I would like to have a look at it, as this doesn't sound 'good' at all.
Might there be a personal risk clause included? I know that's the case over here most of the time, but in case of such, they should have informed you right away. Like I said, I'd like to have a look at it. You may well have found yourself ending up in some kind of a Kafka-esque situation....
If necessary, I won't mind a visit to the hospital and ask for detailed information on what's going on. After all, my Dutch is better than yours.
(it's my job nowadays, getting folks out of trouble with insurance companies, bankers, etc. - as far as I'm able to. )

Do keep me informed about your travelling plans, and looking forward to meet you and plenty of other nice folks coming week at Rotterdam!
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #2577
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Hi guys, I uploaded this today for you guys! Hope you enjoy it even though our man lost in the SF.
Enjoy

THIS IS MAGIC

Oooooooooooooooooooooh yes.... X__X
Old 02-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #2578
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

@Doris and @Karin, I know you go to Rotterdam - I want to wish you all the luck and fun in this week.
And of course I'd like to wish you to see Roger triumphing again!!!
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #2579
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
@Doris and @Karin, I know you go to Rotterdam - I want to wish you all the luck and fun in this week.
And of course I'd like to wish you to see Roger triumphing again!!!
I second this!
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #2580
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Thank you for your kind wishes Luna and Markus

I'm leaving to Rotterdam tomorrow morning.

Still have to pack my suitcase.

I came back from Geneve on Monday and got a cold with me. (We were in a restaurant last weekend and I sat close to the door and always got the cold air when the door opened.)

I went to the doctors on Tuesday and was sick on leave since then.

Fortunately I feel better meanwhile but I still cough.

Not the best situation when you want to travel but at least it's not that a long trip from here to Rotterdam as it was to Geneve...

Karin, looking forward to see you tomorrow