The "RF" chat thread - Page 169 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #2521
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Thanks for a wondeRFul season" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Kat, thanks for your concern

I'm very busy at work at the moment and had 3 Christmas partys to go to (one with my colleagues from the library, one from our whole city administration and one from sport).

Then I got quite a shock as I received a bill from the hospital in Rotterdam I had to go to earlier this year due to my foot.
They demand more than 700 € for the treatment I got there

It's 10 months ago and I ask myself why they are now sending me a bill.
I went to my medical insurance company and gave them the bill.
I told what had happened even though I already wrote everything down for them in February when I was sick on leave...

I managed to watch Roger's showmatch against Tommy Haas but didn't got to see anything from the exhos against Bellucci and Tsonga yet.

It's so much stuff to keep up with - all the great pictures, interviews and stories about Roger in South America

I can't remember RF.com being so active in the off-season before
Yep, I am very busy at work, too, and there are a lot of parties.
But I'm glad you are keeping up with Roger's exo tour because there are some cute and wonderful pictures and stories coming from there. It's just great to ride the wave of a big Roger love-in!

Hope your insurance company will take care of that bill!
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #2522
country flag Eden
Congrats guys

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
I like your new avatar, btw
Thank you

Guga is my second favorite player of all time and it's always special to see him together with Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Yep, I am very busy at work, too, and there are a lot of parties.
You have probably already mentioned it but what kind of job do you have?

Are you a fan of Christmas time?

We didn't got to do a Christmas party at work last year and this year we were just going out for dinner after work.

The party with our colleagues from the city administration was spontaneous organized recently because there hasn't been a works outing this year.
They used a storehouse and engaged a DJ.
My colleagues and me left at 9 p.m. when tables got moved and people started to dance

The Christmas party at my sports center took place in the afternoon with coffee, cookies and cake.

I went there to get to know some of the other people as I started with my functional training a few weeks ago.

Quote:
But I'm glad you are keeping up with Roger's exo tour because there are some cute and wonderful pictures and stories coming from there. It's just great to ride the wave of a big Roger love-in!
Well, as I just wrote in the South American exho thread I have to confess that I was not really that delighted in the first place about the idea of Roger playing that many showmatches during his off-season but all the pictures and reports only prove that he did the right thing

He promotes tennis and gives people a chance to see him for the first time ever and maybe for the only time in their lives.

All the encounters with the fans over there also make Roger obviously really happy and what more can we ask for?

Quote:
Hope your insurance company will take care of that bill!
Thanks

I hope so as well because February will be a very expensive month for me - I have to have the car MOT'd, I'm going to Geneve for the Daviscup (even though Roger won't be there ) and then the whole week to Rotterdam...

They better take care of the bill or I have to rob a bank
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #2523
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then I got quite a shock as I received a bill from the hospital in Rotterdam I had to go to earlier this year due to my foot.
They demand more than 700 € for the treatment I got there

It's 10 months ago and I ask myself why they are now sending me a bill.
I went to my medical insurance company and gave them the bill.
I told what had happened even though I already wrote everything down for them in February when I was sick on leave...
Quite a shocker, I'm only reading this right now, and I just wonder, is there anything I could do to help you out with this?

I have no idea about what's going on, and it truly surprises me, to read that you still got that bill, some 10 months later.

Does your health insurance have any kind of 'personal risk'-clause? (that's quite common over here, oh what fun, NOT!)
Do let me know, and do let me help you out with it, if needed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #2524
country flag Eden
Congrats guys

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Quite a shocker, I'm only reading this right now, and I just wonder, is there anything I could do to help you out with this?

I have no idea about what's going on, and it truly surprises me, to read that you still got that bill, some 10 months later.

Does your health insurance have any kind of 'personal risk'-clause? (that's quite common over here, oh what fun, NOT!)
Do let me know, and do let me help you out with it, if needed.
Karin, I was thinking about asking you for a translation what is written in the bill first but then I decided to go to directly to my health insurance company to talk with them instead of sending them the documents just by mail.

When I came back from the Netherlands to Germany I went to a doctor here and I also had to write a report about what happened for my health insurance.

I just can't imagine that the hospital in Rotterdam is asking for money now after 10 months...

But my health insurance company knows if there was any correspondence between the hospital and them before and if they have already paid.

I guess I will hear about this in a few days.

Thanks for offering your help

I might get back to you
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #2525
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Doris!!! 700€
Here in Italy we have a public health card which we bring any time with us. It's valid in all the EU so if one of us goes to other communitarian country and has an injury, an accident a big flue this card covers all. It's enough to show it when you go to the hospital or exactly to the emergency room because it is an emergency any way. I'm don't know but I think i's accepted in Switzerland as well even it doesn't take part of the EU.

It was nice to have some Christmas parties. You mentioned something like a sport club. What sport do you practice?
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #2526
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have probably already mentioned it but what kind of job do you have?

Are you a fan of Christmas time?
I work for a weekly news and arts & culture magazine in Toronto. We had a departmental lunch last Friday (8th), then a big Christmas party for the whole company this past Friday (which I didn't go to because I had to go buy stuff after work for a friend's Xmas party on Saturday). And today we had the potluck lunch that we have every year. I had to hold back and not eat too much because I am going to dinner tonight with my cousins (one is in town for a few days only, so we have to do it tonight). Too many parties and too much eating! I am going to explode!

I do enjoy Christmas; I like the decorations (especially driving in neighbourhoods where people decorate the outside of their homes with wreaths and lights) and even the music. I even like shopping for presents when I have the time/energy and am not too worried about money. I'm not a fanatic for it, though, I have my limits. I don't want to listen to Christmas music for 2 months or be in a decorated environment for that long; 3 or 4 weeks is about my limit before I get sick of it.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #2527
country flag Oizo
The Best Player Ever

Oizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the link Doris
Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 AM   #2528
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Doris, I'm sorry to read about your health insurance problem. Hope it gets worked out.
Don't even get me started on the state of health insurance here in the U.S.

Quote:
I'm not a fanatic for it, though, I have my limits. I don't want to listen to Christmas music for 2 months or be in a decorated environment for that long; 3 or 4 weeks is about my limit before I get sick of it.
Agree with this so much. After Halloween in U.S radio stations start playing X-mas music 24/7. And the grocery stores, department stores, and other shops too.
It would suck to work in retail at that time. They completely ignore Thanksgiving.
I am having a hard time getting into to the Christmas Spirit right now b/c it is still hot where I live. Like today it was 83 degrees Farenheit ( 28.3 Celsius).
You can still wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

Please everyone enjoy this wonderful gif that federblog made on tumblr

Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #2529
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

hi all, just popping in for a sec!

Quote:
Karin, I was thinking about asking you for a translation what is written in the bill first but then I decided to go to directly to my health insurance company to talk with them instead of sending them the documents just by mail.

When I came back from the Netherlands to Germany I went to a doctor here and I also had to write a report about what happened for my health insurance.
- I so hope things will get setteld with the insurance company!
Problem is that the First Aid-help over here is indeed ridiculously expensive, but when truly necessary - as I still believe your case was - there should be no additional charges, but the fact remains that the hospital will send a bill nonetheless - and I have no doubts that your insurance should recharge you for those costs anyhow. Those costs should in any case get payed by your insurance company!
It would have been a little more decent if the hospital would have told you so about the procedure immediately though.

Quote:
I just can't imagine that the hospital in Rotterdam is asking for money now after 10 months...
Uhm. Just one word: burocracy, and it's rampant over here.

I hear about troubles with health insurances over here all the time. Problem is that the matter has become so difficult to understand by most of folks over here by now - especially on what one has to pay for themselves, and what not - that it's sort-of become one of my key points on my legal advices-work lately.

The theory is that a 'normal' 'basic' health insurance should be valid for treatment anywhere in the EU nowadays (with a few exceptions, like performing dangerous sports, like skiing, deep-sea diving and the like - for which one will have to get an additional insurance), but apparently once again, things aren't working out as fluently as has been promised.

I got myself a permanent additional health insurance for 'troubles abroad', even if my basic insurance says on it liner notes that it should be sufficient for the entire EU... I once fell ill in France, had to get some medicine (it was some stupid lung infection, nothing to do with dangerous activities), accordingly sent the bills to my insurance company in The Netherlands, and guess what - the insurance company claimed they never recieved them (even though I sent the bills by secured mail, they just claimed they had recieved my letter but not the bills, the sh*ts! - I'm pretty sure they ended up in some daft co-worker's drawer, but alas, I have no legal proof of that ) so I eventually ended up having to pay some 350 euros all by myself. Damn.
And that's why I got the additional insurance, even if theoretically, I shouldn't need it. Costs me some cash, but oh, it spares me the troubles of getting caught in the struggles between the medical aid abroad and my basic insurance over here.

And there's one of the main ways how insurance companies still manage to get their ridiculous billion-euro's profits (a year!) - pushing people to get themselves additional insurances, because of burocratic measures.
(as you can see, I'm no fan of theirs )

Quote:
But my health insurance company knows if there was any correspondence between the hospital and them before and if they have already paid.
Yeah, one would think so, indeed!

Quote:
I guess I will hear about this in a few days.

Thanks for offering your help

I might get back to you
Do so, if needed. I will offer you all my help in case... but in the mean time, let's just hope things will get sorted out alright soon!
If not, do come back to me. I'm rather willing to have some nice chats with the hospital and whatever (), if needed.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 12-20-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #2530
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
OMG Doris!!! 700€
Here in Italy we have a public health card which we bring any time with us. It's valid in all the EU so if one of us goes to other communitarian country and has an injury, an accident a big flue this card covers all. It's enough to show it when you go to the hospital or exactly to the emergency room because it is an emergency any way. I'm don't know but I think i's accepted in Switzerland as well even it doesn't take part of the EU.
That's how it should be working over here as well, and I think everywhere in the EU right now.
Doris had her German insurance card with her when she went to the emergency department of the hospital over here, so I thought it would all be taken care of, with no troubles of having to pay the bills yourself at all!
(there I was, thinking a BROKEN FOOT would be quite enough of an emergency... )

So I'm still hoping all will turn out well, but as I've had quite some troubles in the past about matters myself as well, it seems that not all is as good as it looks like - something folks will only discover once in trouble themselves, unfortunately.

The insurance companies tell you that all is covered in the entire EU, until bad luck indeed strikes - then they still sent you the bills, and ask *you* to sort it all out, in stead of taking it up themselves, as promised.
It rather infuriates me, to be honest.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 12-20-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #2531
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha Karin!
The insurance companies or a big part of them are thieves. I had a bad experience in the 90s when all was different.
What I mean is that here the card isn't made from an insurance company but by the state. So you go to the hospotal and you make it see or if you are abroad maybe the have to make a copy and to sign the personal codes but what I know it's enough.

In this official statal site there are all the info about travelling in Holland and I take the part we need. I make a fast translation with google

Quote:
Situazione sanitaria

La situazione sanitaria del Paese θ buona, e le strutture ospedaliere sono efficienti. Non vi sono rischi particolari di contagio, e non sono quindi richieste vaccinazioni diverse da quelle normalmente praticate in Italia.
I cittadini italiani che si recano temporaneamente (per studio, turismo, affari o lavoro) nel Paese (Stato membro dell'Unione Europea) possono ricevere le cure mediche necessarie previste dall'assistenza sanitaria locale se dispongono della Tessera Europea di Assicurazione Malattia (TEAM) cosiddetta Tessera Sanitaria.
La TEAM sostituisce i precedenti modelli E110, E111, E119 ed E128 ed θ in distribuzione da parte del Ministero dell' Economia e delle Finanze.
Coloro che non l'avessero ancora ricevuta possono rivolgersi alla propria ASL per informazioni al riguardo o consultare il sito del Ministero della Salute: www.ministerosalute.it/ (Aree tematiche "salute e cittadino"; assistenza italiani all'estero e stranieri in Italia).

E' comunque consigliabile munirsi anche di una assicurazione sanitaria privata che preveda, oltre alla copertura di eventuali spese sanitarie, anche il rimpatrio aereo o il trasferimento del malato in un altro Paese.

Quote:
The health situation of the country is good, and the hospitals are efficient. There are special risks of infection, and are therefore not required vaccinations other than those normally applied in Italy.
Italian citizens who are temporarily (for study, tourism, business or work) in the country (Member State of the European Union) can receive the necessary medical care provided by health care provider if have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) so-called Health Card.
The EHIC replaces the previous models E110, E111, E119 and E128 and is being distributed by the Ministry of 'Economy and Finance.
Those who have not yet received can contact your ASL for instruction or consult the website of the Ministry of Health: www.ministerosalute.it/ (thematic areas "Health and citizen"; assistance Italians abroad and foreigners in Italy ).

And 'advisable to also obtain private health insurance which provides, in addition to cover any medical expenses, including repatriation by air or transfer the patient to another country.
So I guess there are some EU laws and regulations that are the same for all the members.
So Doris - you can try to inform yourself better how is in Germany when you are tourists outside and maybe if you would need it you can usi this low to help yourself of NOT payng such a bill!

I hope the info I posted is useful.

Maybe in the next days I'll ask you to call a number in Germany and write me back the number that the reordered voice tells but I explain you in private
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #2532
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
I am having a hard time getting into to the Christmas Spirit right now b/c it is still hot where I live. Like today it was 83 degrees Farenheit ( 28.3 Celsius).
You can still wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt.
well, don't ask me to feel sorry for you! Here it is 3 C (37F), grey, no snow, supposed to rain today. To me there is nothing Christmasy about that. If it's not going to actually snow and be a white Christmas, it may as well be 28 C: at least I can enjoy the outdoors, ride my bike, etc.

of course there are benefits to not having snow; less worries about car accidents, the bottoms of your pants aren't wet from trudging through it. Wish I could summon up the energy to go skating, as it's still not too cold for that (though the wind today is making it feel a bit worse than the actual temp). But with the days being so short now, and having a cloudy sky make it seem to get dark even earlier, it's just gloomy and makes me want to hibernate.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #2533
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
Ha Karin!
So I guess there are some EU laws and regulations that are the same for all the members.
So Doris - you can try to inform yourself better how is in Germany when you are tourists outside and maybe if you would need it you can usi this low to help yourself of NOT payng such a bill!

I hope the info I posted is useful.

Maybe in the next days I'll ask you to call a number in Germany and write me back the number that the reordered voice tells but I explain you in private
Hi Luna, yeah, insurance companies are no friends of mine either, and I feel sorry for all folks who genuinely thought they were insured for certain disadvantages - and yes they most usually *are* - but get into trouble because of rampant burocracy. It happens all the time, and I'd be a millionaire by now, if I just asked for the victims to pay me by now. Which I don't.

Hopfully Doris will be able to settle this business with her insurance company, if not, I'll be willing to stand up and say a word about this matter - or even more than just 'A' word, if you get my meaning.

Hah. Just two more weeks, and it will be January again. Days getting longer, birds starting to sing again, etcetera.
Yeah, I'm one of those folks who actually HATE this time of year. Christmas b*llsh*t, no thanks.
Am I the only one?

Anathema

Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #2534
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Hi Luna, yeah, insurance companies are no friends of mine either, and I feel sorry for all folks who genuinely thought they were insured for certain disadvantages - and yes they most usually *are* - but get into trouble because of rampant burocracy. It happens all the time, and I'd be a millionaire by now, if I just asked for the victims to pay me by now. Which I don't.

Hopfully Doris will be able to settle this business with her insurance company, if not, I'll be willing to stand up and say a word about this matter - or even more than just 'A' word, if you get my meaning.

Hah. Just two more weeks, and it will be January again. Days getting longer, birds starting to sing again, etcetera.
Yeah, I'm one of those folks who actually HATE this time of year. Christmas b*llsh*t, no thanks.
Am I the only one?
Well, I wouldn't say I hate it but it's certainly no favourite. Cold and dark. Maybe it would be nicer if I had someone to celebrate with, but even when I had it was more stress than anything else. As it is, I'm definitely looking forward to it being past, and the new tennis season beginning.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #2535
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Well, I wouldn't say I hate it but it's certainly no favourite. Cold and dark. Maybe it would be nicer if I had someone to celebrate with, but even when I had it was more stress than anything else. As it is, I'm definitely looking forward to it being past, and the new tennis season beginning.

I cannot agree with you more.

Not just the tennis season to start off again, but even more, the days becoming longer, the birds to start singing again, and, most of all, all of that commercial overhyped 'Christmas Time'-idiocy- that so called "party-time" - to come to an end, once again.

I never liked this part of the season - I am of the Sun, the light - days becoming longer! -, and whatever comes with it.

Oh wait, today I had this lovely bird (Parus Caeruleaus, aka Blue Tit) visiting my balcony this morning, because of all the peanuts and other stuff I put over there to attract these wonderful fellows:
Now there's something to truly warm your hearts I think!

Aren't they adorable?

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 12-24-2012 at 12:50 AM.