The "RF" chat thread - Page 168 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #2506
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Thanks for a wondeRFul season" chat thread

viruzzz (+ all others that may happen to attend), please do enjoy the exhibitions in SA. Seeing Roger play live is such a wonderful and surreal experience. I've only seen him live once, at Wimbledon, which is fitting. I'd wager quite a lot that there's people in this thread who've probably seen him many many more times than just the once. I'm sure they can better describe the feeling.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #2507
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
viruzzz (+ all others that may happen to attend), please do enjoy the exhibitions in SA. Seeing Roger play live is such a wonderful and surreal experience. I've only seen him live once, at Wimbledon, which is fitting. I'd wager quite a lot that there's people in this thread who've probably seen him many many more times than just the once. I'm sure they can better describe the feeling.
+1!!!

And yet again, I feel free to express my disappointment that South America still doesn't have even *one* masters tournament up to date. Even more in light of the ATP/ITF trying to commecially push tennis in Asia, while there have never been any great players coming from those area's, and one witnesses empty stadiums in Shanghai and the like every season, whereas South America already brought us tennis fans quite a bunch of fantastic players already.

Ah, money rules, once again, I suppose...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #2508
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
+1!!!

And yet again, I feel free to express my disappointment that South America still doesn't have even *one* masters tournament. Even more in light of the ATP/ITF trying to commecially push tennis in Asia, while there have never been any great players coming from those area's, and one witnesses empty stadiums in Shanghai and the like every season, whereas South America already brought us tennis fans quite a bunch of fantastic players.

Ah, money rules, once again, I suppose...
Indeed. I wouldn't necessarily want to improve South America's standing in the calendar at Asia's expense. It's important that all corners of the globe get a nice bite of the cherry.

But you're right, money talks. If we took away anything from Europe or North America, certainly in the short term, they would lose out.

I give up ranting about the calendar, though. It feels like I've done it for ages, but the schedule won't drastically change. The events will more-or-less stay in the same hands. Just squashed together more to make an even shorter season, to satisfy the MVPs' demands.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #2509
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indeed. I wouldn't necessarily want to improve South America's standing in the calendar at Asia's expense. It's important that all corners of the globe get a nice bite of the cherry.

But you're right, money talks. If we took away anything from Europe or North America, certainly in the short term, they would lose out.

I give up ranting about the calendar, though. It feels like I've done it for ages, but the schedule won't drastically change. The events will more-or-less stay in the same hands. Just squashed together more to make an even shorter season, to satisfy the MVPs' demands.
Yep.
My point of vision, however, still stands - South America has brought forth fantastic tennis champions, from the past and possibly from the future - not naming them all, but with Gustavo Kuerten, Juan Martin Del Potro, and a some flying-under-the-radar folks like Juan Monaco, one would truly decide it's high time for at least ONE Masters' tournament being located in SA. Should it ever come to be, and the true 'top dogs' not attending it because of the calendar and/or travelling troubles, it should be at their own expense/failure, just like what's happening at Paris Bercy year-after-year.

Anathema

Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #2510
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Yep.
My point of vision, however, still stands - South America has brought forth fantastic tennis champions, from the past and possibly from the future - not naming them all, but with Gustavo Kuerten, Juan Martin Del Potro, and a some flying-under-the-radar folks like Juan Monaco, one would truly decide it's high time for at least ONE Masters' tournament being located in SA. Should it ever come to be, and the true 'top dogs' not attending it because of the calendar and/or travelling troubles, it should be at their own expense/failure, just like what's happening at Paris Bercy year-after-year.
Nobody could argue with the fact that they've done enough for the sport to deserve at least one big tournament.

A few more tournaments are moving to South America, though, which is a good sign. LA is going to be scrapped in favour of a tournament in Bogota. Also San Jose will be abolished to make way for a tournament in Rio. It's obviously sad to see those two American tournaments go, but it's great that South America is the place that benefits.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #2511
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

enjoy the exhos Viruzzz . Seeing Roger play is

And about the calender , I think all corners of the globe needs to be represented . I want some more events in Africa too which would be nice. It has like what 1 event in the whole year . That would be a true representation of the sport in my eyes
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #2512
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
one would truly decide it's high time for at least ONE Masters' tournament being located in SA
Rome!

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #2513
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for the kind words.
From the bottom of my heart... I see you all can understand my feelings here and for me it's important.
I know i'm a bit out of the FedForum at the off-season

And yes, Karin, you're pretty much right, i'd lost my "Not-seeing-Roger" virginity.
I asked my friend to borrow her good camera to take some pics, I hope I can do it.

I'd share them with the FedForum right here

Again, thank you all. You won't believe my excitment... Or maybe you will, I don't know
I can't think so much clearly right now!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #2514
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Thank you all for the kind words.
From the bottom of my heart... I see you all can understand my feelings here and for me it's important.
I know i'm a bit out of the FedForum at the off-season

And yes, Karin, you're pretty much right, i'd lost my "Not-seeing-Roger" virginity.
I asked my friend to borrow her good camera to take some pics, I hope I can do it.

I'd share them with the FedForum right here

Again, thank you all. You won't believe my excitment... Or maybe you will, I don't know
I can't think so much clearly right now!

Totally agree with you about the 'off-season'-comment. Not much tennis going on... how I wish for January 2013 to come asap!

I, and I'm sure most other Fedfans just the same, are looking forward to read about your experiences of witnessing Fed play. It will be a 'Maiden Voyage' for you, indeed - and believe me, you're going to enjoy it to the max!
Pictures would be welcome, too, but I know it's rather difficult to make decent pictures yourself during a match.

Have a great time, Viruzzz!

Anathema

Old 12-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #2515
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Great, I guess that means I have to lose mine now. I believe Indian wells is the closest, but I may get time next August to travel back east to NYC and to visit relatives in New Hampshire.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #2516
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Rome!
I consider that one of the best masters 1000 event of the calender . I think the one that needs to go has to be one of IW or Miami . I might be in the minority here but I consider them pointless and waste of 4 weeks in the tennis calender . The location is also the closest to South America , so logistics wont be tough and it might be a good wrap up of the golden swing
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #2517
country flag JediFed

Quote:
I think the one that needs to go has to be one of IW or Miami
If you take Rome you can put in a SA date during the clay season. :b:

Indian Wells isn't pointless. It's the only masters in the entire western half of the United states. Miami won't go because of Bolleteiri's academy.

If anything, they need to move Paris to Munich or something so that they get much better balance in Europe. There's no need for France to have RG + Paris, and it's a travesty that Germany no longer has a top level event.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #2518
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Karin, I haven't seen Doris here for over a week. Do you know if she's okay?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #2519
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
That could be interesting ... mine date from way back, with pics of Boris Becker on the cover - when he was YOUNG :O
Oh... I didn't bought it back then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
She's here. My maternal grandparents came over once we got the papers to stay for good. My grandpa died in 2003 and my grandma eventually got a smaller place in a seniors building. But she has dementia and is less and less capable of living alone. My mom or my aunt visit her every day to make sure she's eaten and stuff like that. It's quite sad. She's on a waiting list for a nursing home (there's space in private ones, but they are expensive, so we're waiting for a subsidized space).
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother

I hope you will get a good place for her soon.

Here in Germany many people can't afford it to give a loved one into a nursing home. One solution is to get someone from another country to live with the old person in their house or apartment.

One of my aunts had someone from Poland to live with her. My aunt would have had the money to afford it to go into the nursing home but the doctor advised her son to let her in her own house where she was born in.

They mad one bad experience with a lady who looked after her but the lady who lived with her until my aunt died was such a good person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oizo View Post
Doris, do you have the original pic of your avi?
Look here Leo

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...172196&page=20

You should really come around to MTF more often

Quote:
I have seen Roger many times live meanwhile and already can't wait until the next time I will get to see him

It's just special when he gets introduced and all his achievements are mentioned. Then of course the moment he steps on the court and the crowd is going crazy.

I guess I don't have to say anything about his tennis which is even more a joy to watch as when you sit in front of the PC or TV.

I'm already really looking forward to what viruzz will have to say about his RF experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Karin, I haven't seen Doris here for over a week. Do you know if she's okay?
Kat, thanks for your concern

I'm very busy at work at the moment and had 3 Christmas partys to go to (one with my colleagues from the library, one from our whole city administration and one from sport).

Then I got quite a shock as I received a bill from the hospital in Rotterdam I had to go to earlier this year due to my foot.
They demand more than 700 € for the treatment I got there

It's 10 months ago and I ask myself why they are now sending me a bill.
I went to my medical insurance company and gave them the bill.
I told what had happened even though I already wrote everything down for them in February when I was sick on leave...

I managed to watch Roger's showmatch against Tommy Haas but didn't got to see anything from the exhos against Bellucci and Tsonga yet.

It's so much stuff to keep up with - all the great pictures, interviews and stories about Roger in South America

I can't remember RF.com being so active in the off-season before
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #2520
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

It's so much stuff to keep up with - all the great pictures, interviews and stories about Roger in South America

I can't remember RF.com being so active in the off-season before
+1

I like your new avatar, btw
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote