The "RF" chat thread - Page 160 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #2386
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "We are singing ON EST LA ON EST LA" chat thread

Quite a while, no see...

Just a slight update, I've been busy lately. Three law cases to deal with, one won , two of them settled in mutual agreement out of court.

You know.... 'everyone' hates lawyers, until they're in need of one, eh.
And that's when and where I come to the fold.

As for private life, BF is back on the bike again.
Pretty much fantastic, three months after a severe hip fracture.

In other words - Me. Is. Happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris Loeffel View Post
Hmmmm hmmmm Doris I wonder who that Swiss person was who was with you THAT Saturday night ;-)

Have to addmit it was a blast hehehe - still have to laught when I think about it - especially about the "fan-competition" in the tram hehehehe
That was SO FUNNY!!! I have no words. Yes I was there.
Doris!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #2387
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really know where to ask this, so I guess I'll start here. Thanks in advance to you all.

Does anybody know any more details about Roger's exhibition tour in South America?

The official website is still withholding details, despite the action being just over a month away.

It's not that I have any chance of getting over there () but it would be nice to know a bit more about it.

Thank you! And sorry for bothering you.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #2388
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

here's what I know:

Thu Dec 6 - Sao Paulo, Brazil ... (vs Bellucci/Tsonga)
Fri Dec 7- Sao Paulo, Brazil ... (vs Bellucci/Tsonga)
Sat Dec 8 - Sao Paulo, Brazil ... (vs Bellucci/Tsonga)
(Others participants include Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Caroline Wozniacki, Victoria Azarenka, Bruno Soares, Marcelo Melo, Mike Bryan and Bob Bryan)
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/G.../Gillette.aspx

Wed Dec 12 - Tigre, Argentina ... (vs Del Po)
Thu Dec 13- Tigre, Argentina ... (vs Del Po)
http://www.batravelguide.com/2012/08...del-potro.html

Fri Dec 15 - Colombia ... (vs Tsonga)
http://vive.tuboleta.com/shows/show.aspx?sh=UFEDERER

Only the Brazil one is consistently associated with "Gillette" not really sure what that's about. The Colombian one is sponsored by Bancolombia (a bank, I guess).
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #2389
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, thank you. Looks quite interesting, especially with opponents he has quite a rich recent history with.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #2390
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Just a slight update, I've been busy lately. Three law cases to deal with, one won , two of them settled in mutual agreement out of court.
Karin

Good to hear about this

Quote:
As for private life, BF is back on the bike again.
Pretty much fantastic, three months after a severe hip fracture.

Great news.

Just tell him to be careful now with all the leaves falling down

Quote:
In other words - Me. Is. Happy.

Quote:
That was SO FUNNY!!! I have no words. Yes I was there.
Doris!
She has to teach me a Swiss song until next year

I already tried to learn a bit last Sunday but it's really difficult

Doris will also be in Rotterdam by the way

I'm going to order our tickets for Halle next week, Karin. I couldn't do it earlier as I needed the money for Basel

But we still get our early payment discount, otherwise I would have already ordered them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
And sorry for bothering you.
You are always welcome in here George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Wed Dec 12 - Tigre, Argentina ... (vs Del Po)
Thu Dec 13- Tigre, Argentina ... (vs Del Po)
http://www.batravelguide.com/2012/08...del-potro.html
Juan Martin said in his Basel victory speech that Buenos Aires is waiting for Roger

I was hoping that Roger would get to play against Guga in one of the exhos in South America. Guga mentioned in an interview earlier this year that Roger wanted to play against him.

Unfortunately Guga plays an exho against Djokovic now - I guess he is just scared to risk his positive H2h against Roger

Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #2391
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Karin

Good to hear about this
Great news.

Just tell him to be careful now with all the leaves falling down
Well i've been a genuine !!BIACHT!! to him and ordered him to never ever do peloton cycling again, - but Birdman's drawn that conclusion himself just the same, fortunately.

Damn. Some folks think skiing is dangerous... it comes to no comparison against cycling..

Quote:
Doris will also be in Rotterdam by the way

I'm going to order our tickets for Halle next week, Karin. I couldn't do it earlier as I needed the money for Basel

But we still get our early payment discount, otherwise I would have already ordered them.

If there's anything you'd want me to take care of, do let me know.

Quote:
Juan Martin said in his Basel victory speech that Buenos Aires is waiting for Roger

I was hoping that Roger would get to play against Guga in one of the exhos in South America. Guga mentioned in an interview earlier this year that Roger wanted to play against him.
I just want to wish all folks who will be attending Roger's exho's in South America the best of times, and I'm pretty sure that's just what they will be getting!
Nat informed that she'll be there... wow.
Now I just hope viruzzz got his tickets and will be able to see Rog in Buenes Aires!

BTW - isn't it quite ridiculous that there's no big - i.e. Master's - tournament in South America as of yet, with all the fantastic players that have come from there? yeah, $$$$$$$$$$$$$ rules, unfortunately...

Quote:
Unfortunately Guga plays an exho against Djokovic now - I guess he is just scared to risk his positive H2h against Roger

Anathema

Old 11-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #2392
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Roger will have an extra match in Sao Paulo in december 9th against ferrer, I think.
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #2393
country flag The Prince

Quote:
You are always welcome in here George
Thanks very much, Doris!

Hope you all are well.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #2394
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well i've been a genuine !!BIACHT!! to him and ordered him to never ever do peloton cycling again, - but Birdman's drawn that conclusion himself just the same, fortunately.

Damn. Some folks think skiing is dangerous... it comes to no comparison against cycling..
It's nice to read he fully recovered but you should be more hard with him and no bicycling for a year at least

If you think it's question of luck. Walking can be as well dangerous as well if it drops a vase of flowers on your head.
The nice is that in the less luck the big one was he recovered fully and fastly
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #2395
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
It's nice to read he fully recovered but you should be more hard with him and no bicycling for a year at least

If you think it's question of luck. Walking can be as well dangerous as well if it drops a vase of flowers on your head.
The nice is that in the less luck the big one was he recovered fully and fastly
Luna

Yeah, my BF's been very lucky indeed. Apart from the hip fracture, most important is that the CT scan turned out that there was nothing wrong with his head - as that is even more serious than anything else.

He's back on his bike right now, but no more Tour-de-France-like silliness anymore - should he ever attempt anything like that again, I'll be there to stop him.

And you're right of course, there's no way to erradicate any bad luck in life, lest you never do anything 'dangerous' anymore, including your normal things in life, including changing a light bulb...

BF's back-on-track in Mind Sports again. Will play for our national team championships in Chess in about three week's time!

Thanks!

Anathema

Old 11-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #2396
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Lawyers have a pretty tough job Karin .What type of law do you practise ?
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #2397
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Thanks for a wondeRFul season" chat thread

Quote:
Also at skiing accicents can happen

Not to mention travelling by train

Quote:

If there's anything you'd want me to take care of, do let me know.
Thanks but it's ok

I ordered the tickets this week as I hoped we might get box seats which weren't asked for until now (on Wednesday the early booker time ended) but unfortunately they aren't available and we will have our same seats as usual.

I'm bringing your tickets then with me to Rotterdam.

I also ordered the tickets for the DC in Geneve even though it is highly unlikely that Roger is going to play.

But I just enjoy the atmosphere at DC, will probably get to see Stan, Marco and Tomas play and meet up with the familiar people.

Quote:
I just want to wish all folks who will be attending Roger's exho's in South America the best of times, and I'm pretty sure that's just what they will be getting!
Nat informed that she'll be there... wow.
Now I just hope viruzzz got his tickets and will be able to see Rog in Buenes Aires!
+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Roger will have an extra match in Sao Paulo in december 9th against ferrer, I think.
Really? Where have you read about this?

Quote:
Thanks very much, Doris!

Hope you all are well.
George

You remind me with your avatar of someone who doesn't post on MTF anymore.

I'm fine, thanks for asking

I guess I don't have to ask you - considering that you are a fan of Novak and must be happy about his title
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #2398
country flag The Prince

No I'm not a fan of Novak.

This is an avatar forfeit because I lost a bet with another poster on MTF.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #2399
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Hi

Lawyers have a pretty tough job Karin .What type of law do you practise ?
- I work as a freelance consultant, mostly offering my assistance in 'simple' cases - complaints about (local) governmental decisions (oh dear! taxes! ) and common consumer troubles.

However I got my LLM most of all in criminal law subjects, civil law was a side-subject for me. Participating in human rights issue-activist groups is still a main point of attention for me, but I do that kind of work for free, as I think it's a very important matter in our society nowadays, especially the rather underrated important matter of 'privacy'. As such, I am associated with Bits of Freedom, a Dutch group of activists who fight for regulation considering privacy on the internet.

Quote:
Also at skiing accicents can happen

Not to mention travelling by train

Yeah... problem with accidents is that they do happen, most of all when you least expect them to!

I've had quite a bunch of friends having encountered accidents this year, as such I'm thinking of 2012 having been 'The Year of the Cast'

You were the first one. A month later, a good old friend of mine broke her leg in a nasty skiing accident, and then this summer, it was my BF's turn... even though he didn't get a cast himself, I think an operation and getting two 10 cm screws inserted in his hip counts for a 'cast' as well.
Quite enough horror to my friends to endure in one year's time I think!

Quote:
I ordered the tickets this week as I hoped we might get box seats which weren't asked for until now (on Wednesday the early booker time ended) but unfortunately they aren't available and we will have our same seats as usual.

I'm bringing your tickets then with me to Rotterdam.
Sounds great! No matter that you didn't get the box seats, it would have been awesome, but I realize that as Roger's retirement may well be getting closer (however much we don't like to think about it ), the request for even better tickets will only get bigger as long as he keeps on playing!

Well the tickets I scored for Rotterdam are pretty good as you know - about five rows down closer to the court from where we were sitting last year. Now let's just hope for him to indeed show up over there again. I think he will, lest something horrible happens (injuries, sickness), as tournament director Mr. Krajicek showed himself pretty happy with the ticket sales due to Mr. Federer's appearance this year - which broke all previous records.
I guess Roger isn't so-called 'old news' in Mr. K's opinion anymore, and won't be until he indeed retires.

Quote:
I also ordered the tickets for the DC in Geneve even though it is highly unlikely that Roger is going to play.

But I just enjoy the atmosphere at DC, will probably get to see Stan, Marco and Tomas play and meet up with the familiar people.
Hope you'll have a great time over there Doris!

Quote:
No I'm not a fan of Novak.

This is an avatar forfeit because I lost a bet with another poster on MTF.

Well if you ever catch me carrying an avvy of Almagro, you'll know what happened.

folks, I so hope Roger's exho matches in South America will be televised and as such to be followed on a livestream.

I just cannot imagine how happy the SA folks are to finally be able to witness him play in person. And rightly so.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 11-15-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #2400
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you do your LLM, Karin? And do you have two LLMs like most of my European classmates? (Many of them are in London doing a second LLM.)

I just want to tell everyone that I met a new friend at Roger's pre-match practice session on Monday. I asked this random person to help me take a photo with Roger and we started talking and it turned out we are both attending the same school now. I had lunch with her today and we spent the whole lunch talking about Roger. I've never had real-life friends who love him as much as me before so this is really awesome.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote