The "RF" chat thread - Page 159 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #2371
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "We are singing ON EST LA ON EST LA" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rargeyy View Post
Good to know!Thx. I'm Violet by the way And I kinda worried after the Davis Cup thing, he would quit Shanghai 1000 again! I have already booked the tickets and hotels and it probably the last chance I could see him .
Hi Violet, (What a pretty name) Welcome to the forum! I hope you get to see Roger play! I don't know if he will play in Shanghai or not. Maybe someone else has this information!

Luna M

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #2372
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunahielo View Post
I don't know if he will play in Shanghai or not. Maybe someone else has this information!
he has confirmed 2 days ago that he will play
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #2373
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I think we have a fine example of the following here on MTF and we have even one-upped it .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #2374
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #2375
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
he has confirmed 2 days ago that he will play
corrected : René Stauffer who is near from him tweeted that it's not certain yet, he will decide next week
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #2376
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Guten Morgen, Eden (well, it is sort of Morgen, if only just ...).
Excellent German

Quote:
I think he was just playing a blinder. (I'm trying to remember what the commentators were saying, but my memory's gone at this time of night.) I know Roger indicated afterwards that he'd mentally been facing the real possibility of coming away without a medal - again. I can't start to think how tough it must be to be under the pressure to hold your serve 12 times or whatever it was in succession or be out. I suspect he hadn't fully recovered emotionally/mentally for the final 2 days later.
Roger and JMDP played tough matches against each other this year (Dubai and RG) but I really thought that grass would be the surface to give Roger the least problems with his opponent compared to other surfaces.

Well, that's just another proof that tennis isn't predictable.

I also think that there was a lot of pressure on Roger's shoulders to "finally" win a medal in singles and then in the deciding set to hold his serve.

It's really great that he came through this match but it's obvious that it was tough for him to recover from it within 2 days and be ready to play a final against Murray in front of his home crowd.

Quote:
I've already discovered quite how tough it can be on GM (once I worked out what GM stood for!). That's why I tend to hide in the player forums: it's friendlier
Good decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris Loeffel View Post
Hmmmm hmmmm Doris I wonder who that Swiss person was who was with you THAT Saturday night ;-)

Look who's here

Good to see you Doris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris Loeffel View Post
Have to addmit it was a blast hehehe - still have to laught when I think about it - especially about the "fan-competition" in the tram hehehehe
I also can't get the songs and our topics out of my head

I'm already looking forward to Basel in 3 weeks
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #2377
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

Damn I dreamed we were in 2013 and Roger had just won Wimbledon again (Murray won AO and Djokovic won the French). It felt so real that when I woke up I was still under the impression it was true. And LOL at his opponent in the final: Marat Safin. By the end of the match, Roger had a break up in the 5th and looked very tired, the same as Safin. Then something happen on the TV and I couldn't watch the rest of the match. After a while the TV worked again and I was seeing the trophy ceremony, but I still didn't know who won the match. Then Roger appeared cradling the trophy while Safin held the plate. Both looked incredibly fatigued, sweaty and had their faces swollen (huge wtf).

btw where is Rita? My MSN account got blocked because I forgot my password and I lost contact with her.

edit- haha I remember thinking "they can't say any bad thing about Safin now, he was just in a final 13 years after his first title"
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #2378
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
Damn I dreamed we were in 2013 and Roger had just won Wimbledon again (Murray won AO and Djokovic won the French). It felt so real that when I woke up I was still under the impression it was true. And LOL at his opponent in the final: Marat Safin. By the end of the match, Roger had a break up in the 5th and looked very tired, the same as Safin. Then something happen on the TV and I couldn't watch the rest of the match. After a while the TV worked again and I was seeing the trophy ceremony, but I still didn't know who won the match. Then Roger appeared cradling the trophy while Safin held the plate. Both looked incredibly fatigued, sweaty and had their faces swollen (huge wtf).

Those tennis related dreams are always weird.

I guess though that a lot of people would love to see another match between Roger and Marat but even more so we would love to see our man lifting that Wimbledon trophy one more time

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninhOH View Post
btw where is Rita? My MSN account got blocked because I forgot my password and I lost contact with her.
You can contact her here via PM as she is still around on the forum
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #2379
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I think we have a fine example of the following here on MTF and we have even one-upped it .

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #2380
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Roger has odds of 13.00 for RG 2013. Isn't that way too much even at RG?

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #2381
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

Btw I just read what I wrote about the dream I had and I cant remember a single moment of it. No "picture" memories from it lol
Old 10-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #2382
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
Roger has odds of 13.00 for RG 2013. Isn't that way too much even at RG?
Hmm, would be tempted by those odds, but it just seems a little too out of reach. What are his odds like for Wimbledon (if available)?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #2383
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Hmm, would be tempted by those odds, but it just seems a little too out of reach. What are his odds like for Wimbledon (if available)?
WTF:
Djokovic 2.75
Murray 3.25
Federer 4.00
Nadal 7.00

AO:
Djokovic 2.50
Murray 3.25
Federer 5.50
Nadal 5.50

RG:
Nadal 1.83
Djokovic 2.87
Murray 9.00
Federer 13.00

Wimbledon:
Djokovic 3.25
Murray 3.75
Federer 4.50
Nadal 4.50

Djokvoic MASSIVELY overrated everywhere, especially Wimby and WTF. Murray overrated at RG. Nadal underrated everywhere a little bit. Federer MASSIVELY underrated everywhere.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #2384
country flag juninhOH

Not like he's playing better each year though...
Old 10-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #2385
country flag TechnoViking

TechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond reputeTechnoViking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
WTF:
Djokovic 2.75
Murray 3.25
Federer 4.00
Nadal 7.00

AO:
Djokovic 2.50
Murray 3.25
Federer 5.50
Nadal 5.50

RG:
Nadal 1.83
Djokovic 2.87
Murray 9.00
Federer 13.00

Wimbledon:
Djokovic 3.25
Murray 3.75
Federer 4.50
Nadal 4.50

Djokvoic MASSIVELY overrated everywhere, especially Wimby and WTF. Murray overrated at RG. Nadal underrated everywhere a little bit. Federer MASSIVELY underrated everywhere.
Murray at third favourite for RG Huge lay. He should be below Delboy and equal with Ferrer in odds. Murray in general, outside of the Aus and Wimbledon, the latter of which he should be fav for, is being a bit under priced based on his rather fortunate slam win.

The other price that stands out is Roger at the WTF. He is still by far the best indoor player and should be at least joint fav with Nole there.

I would agree that Roger is worth backing at the other tournaments as a trade. QF is pretty much a lock and semis is very likely if avoiding Berdych and Tsonga. The odds tend to remain at least stable if all the big four stay in so it's a break even situation at worst.

Djokovic is overrated at Wimbledon/ WTF, but have to disagree with you about RG and AUS. He's by far the best slow hardcourt player and I would price him at 2.50 and he's way above everyone, but Nadal on clay.
TechnoViking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote