The "RF" chat thread - Page 158 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #2356
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "17 is our new favorite number" chat thread

Doris and Karin
have fun @ DC
I'm so jealous
if you get to see Roger tell him we love him
can't wait to hear all about it.
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #2357
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Hi. Not sure whether this'll be any use to you, since it's a BBC site and they're notoriously difficult to access from outside the UK, which I presume is where you are, but it's available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...video/p00w3070
I finally finished watching this yesterday: what a nail-biter it was! It was bad enough trying to watch via the live scores online: for once I was relieved I knew the outcome. Amazed at the way Fed kept on holding serve like that despite everything: he was obviously in "I am Roger Federer and you shall not get past me" mode. And then, at 17-all, it looked as though he just went "Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Time to put a stop to this" and upped his game. (Although I suspect he may have detected a drop in Del Potro's game and gone in for the kill)
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #2358
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Doris and Karin
have fun @ DC
I'm so jealous
if you get to see Roger tell him we love him
can't wait to hear all about it.
Hi Kat

I didn't get to talk to Roger. He was just one metre away from me at the Apero but other people were already saying something to him and I didn't get the opportunity to congratulate him on his great summer and the Davis Cup victory.

It was just an incredible weekend we had in Amsterdam. When I arrived on Thursday I met up with Karin and we did a bit of sightseeing on a boat.
Unfortunately I didn't had such a good seat in the stadion compared to the one I had in Fribourg (2nd row and now row 21st) but it's always fun to sit in the Swiss fan block and do the singing (Hopp Schwiiz or On est la).
Conditions on Friday were terrible with the rain and wind. I wasn't prepared for that kind of weather but fortunately my Swiss friend who was sitting beside me had space under her umbrella. I also got a plastic raincoat by another fan.
As we were sitting behind the players bench we didn't got to see the players and I just saw later on that evening on TV that Roger was wearing a hat and scarf during Stan's match.
Friday evening I went out for dinner with some people and we landed in an Argentinian restaurant.
On Saturday the weather was much better than Friday but unfortunately Fedrinka didn't play a good match.
The atmosphere in the stadion was still great though. They played all kind of party songs like and which you could easily sing to. Unfortunately it made it to difficult to get sometimes some kind of other supporting songs for your team started which you usually sing at the Davis Cup.
Well, we went on a tram with a few people to go into the city and there was a group of Dutch fans onto it as well. They started to sing and we did our fan songs then.
That was really funny because they were about 30 people probably and we were just 6 but just 4 of us were singing actually
There was only one Swiss fan amongst us, me being German and the other 4 from the Netherlands which one being from the UK actually.
The other passengers on the tram also seemed to enjoy the fun we had.
Well, our little group ended in a restaurant and because it was such a nice evening we were sitting outside, having some bottles of wine and continued to sing.
We laughed the whole time and just had a blast.
I went away with 2 of the fans later on then but couldn't find my way to the hotel from where we were. So I stopped a taxi. Unfortunately the driver later on went into the brakes suddenly and we landed on a turf.
He called his taxi office and then also the police came. They asked me what had happened and if I was ok. The driver also had asked me this before but fortunately I didn't had any pain but he felt his neck. The policeman wrote down my name and address and said that I should call them back when I would feel any pain. Then he drove me to my hotel. I told him that I always seem to get into something when I'm in the Netherlands and mentioned the cast I got in Rotterdam earlier this year He wished me better luck for my next visit.
Well, on Sunday we got to see Roger play again which is of course always a pleasure but I would have prefered it for him that he could have get some rest.
Fortunately the deciding match didn't took that long for him then and we were all happy for the Swiss team.
Marco played the dead rubber then and we all hoped it would last a little bit longer because we wanted to sing a bit more
In the end he lost in 2 sets though and then it was time for me to join the supporters of the Swiss team as we would go to the apero.
We had to wait some time and it got so hot in the hall we were in but we were singing and just having a great time.
Finally the Swiss team appeared and you have seen what happened then

The guys wrote autographs and posted for pictures but it was so crowded and I couldn't even lift my Swiss jacket to get it signed by Roger or Stan. I managed to get Marco's signature on it though. He asked if he should sign on the white cross or the black. But there's no black on the jacket - just red and white I told him he should use the white space.
As already said I didn't get to talk to Roger but it doesn't really matter. I just enjoyed it to see him up so close again
After the players had gone me and 2 other fans met up with Karin and 2 other fans in a restaurant and we had a nice evening there then with some singing and encounters with Dutch people.
It was time then to say goodbye to each other and I went back to my hotel.
I wanted to ask something at the reception desk but there were already other people standing so I decided to go into the bar for a drink. I got approached by someone who wanted to know if I'm Swiss. It turned out that he once worked for Stan and we ended up chatting for 2 hours.
That was a really great end of the evening.
The next morning I went back home and I'm already looking forward to go to Basel in a few weeks
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #2359
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "We are singing ON EST LA ON EST LA" chat thread

nice report, Doris thanks!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #2360
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
+1! What a great weekend you had

The atmosphere sounds really great. I went to the USA vs. Spain DC last year and found it was rather dull .
Glad you got to meet up with some old friends and new ones!
Don't get hurt when you go to Basel
I'm so jealous. I wish I lived in Europe.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #2361
country flag rargeyy

rargeyy is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am new here,and can anybody tell the rules or anything? What is this thread all abt?
rargeyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #2362
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rargeyy View Post
Hi, I am new here,and can anybody tell the rules or anything? What is this thread all abt?
this is just a chat thread where people who post on the Fed forum can talk about off-topic stuff going on in their lives without clogging up the other threads.

Well, maybe watching Roger play at the Davis Cup isn't really 'off-topic' ... but it's also a post about other experiences she had that weekend.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #2363
country flag rargeyy

rargeyy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
this is just a chat thread where people who post on the Fed forum can talk about off-topic stuff going on in their lives without clogging up the other threads.

Well, maybe watching Roger play at the Davis Cup isn't really 'off-topic' ... but it's also a post about other experiences she had that weekend.
Good to know!Thx. I'm Violet by the way And I kinda worried after the Davis Cup thing, he would quit Shanghai 1000 again! I have already booked the tickets and hotels and it probably the last chance I could see him .
rargeyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #2364
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
+1! What a great weekend you had
Thanks ladies

Quote:
The atmosphere sounds really great. I went to the USA vs. Spain DC last year and found it was rather dull .
What do you think was missing?

Quote:
Don't get hurt when you go to Basel
I try

Quote:
I'm so jealous. I wish I lived in Europe.

Don't be jealous. I'm sure you will also get to see Roger again

Quote:
Hi, I am new here
Hi Violet

Welcome to MTF and especially to the Federer forum

I keep my fingers crossed that you will get to see Roger playing in Shanghai. I had tickets for Halle in 2007, 2009 and 2011 and Roger didn't play the tournament.
Unfortunately there's always a risk that you won't get to see Roger but it's still enough time left until Shanghai starts and Roger can recover until then
Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #2365
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
I finally finished watching this yesterday: what a nail-biter it was! It was bad enough trying to watch via the live scores online: for once I was relieved I knew the outcome. Amazed at the way Fed kept on holding serve like that despite everything: he was obviously in "I am Roger Federer and you shall not get past me" mode. And then, at 17-all, it looked as though he just went "Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Time to put a stop to this" and upped his game. (Although I suspect he may have detected a drop in Del Potro's game and gone in for the kill)
Unfortunately the BBC link doesn't work here in Germany.

I haven't seen the match yet so can't say anything about it.

Roger has played so many close matches in his career but this one against Del Potro will surely be something special for him.

I still ask myself why Juan gave Roger so much trouble on grass. I was quite relaxed before this match compared to the one against Isner for example but that's another proof how umpredictable tennis can be

Welcome to MTF by the way also to you

Hope you will enjoy the forum even though it can be tough here especially on GM.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #2366
country flag Fed_Ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
What do you think was missing?
Not sure. I don't think the venue was that great.
Also, a lot of people who went didn't seem to know what was really going on/format etc..
I got the feeling that people were just there to see Andy.

Quote:
Good to know!Thx. I'm Violet by the way And I kinda worried after the Davis Cup thing, he would quit Shanghai 1000 again! I have already booked the tickets and hotels and it probably the last chance I could see him .
Hi Violet, welcome! Well I hope he plays and you can see him. I just hope he makes the best decision for his body.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #2367
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Unfortunately the BBC link doesn't work here in Germany.
Guten Morgen, Eden (well, it is sort of Morgen, if only just ...). No, I was afraid it wouldn't

Quote:
I still ask myself why Juan gave Roger so much trouble on grass.
I think he was just playing a blinder. (I'm trying to remember what the commentators were saying, but my memory's gone at this time of night.) I know Roger indicated afterwards that he'd mentally been facing the real possibility of coming away without a medal - again. I can't start to think how tough it must be to be under the pressure to hold your serve 12 times or whatever it was in succession or be out. I suspect he hadn't fully recovered emotionally/mentally for the final 2 days later.

Quote:
Welcome to MTF by the way also to you

Hope you will enjoy the forum even though it can be tough here especially on GM
Thanks for the welcome. I've already discovered quite how tough it can be on GM (once I worked out what GM stood for!). That's why I tend to hide in the player forums: it's friendlier
Old 09-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #2368
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi alypen and rargeyy. Welcome

"We don't stop playing when we grow old. We grow old when we stop playing." - GOLeft
barbadosan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 AM   #2369
country flag alypen

Thank you, barbadosan
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #2370
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm hmmmm Doris I wonder who that Swiss person was who was with you THAT Saturday night ;-)

Have to addmit it was a blast hehehe - still have to laught when I think about it - especially about the "fan-competition" in the tram hehehehe
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote