The "RF" chat thread - Page 157 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #2341
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "17 is our new favorite number" chat thread

Gonna ask it again!

Does anyone know where I can download or stream the;

SEMIFINAL AGAINST DELPOTRO (OLYMPICS)
FINAL AGAINST DJOKOVIC (CINCINNATI)

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, B蚶tad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #2342
country flag Oizo
The Best Player Ever

Oizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond repute

The http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/ site has all Olympic matches, but I haven't figured out yet how one can download them
Old 08-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #2343
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Leo

Good to see you in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudio Spanlatine View Post
Dee

And have you discovered anything special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
We're indeed having a good time over here considering the circumstances. It's a heat wave over Europe now, not just the South, but the North as well, and knowning how terribly BAD the ... ehm 'summer' has been for the Northerners so far, I am happy to know that the folks back at home got at least one week of hot summer weather as well.

Over here? 38 degrees Celcius - in the shade. That's pretty friendly, knowing that the temp over at Clermond-Ferrand, a bit more to the north, surpassed the 40-degrees mark!
Not that I mind that much, the Gardon river is lovely and cooling. Only my planned hikings are *off*, it's a genuine no-go with these kind of temperatures, at least not over 15 kms or such, which I in all honesty think is a sort of 'beginner's' distance... well better luck next year on that. Still good on the plonging and canoe'ing in the river though!
Not to forget mentioning getting some great deep tan (pretty hard to avoid, even with sun blocks) - I welcome the folks at home to mistake me for an Italian or a Spaniard once again when I return.

THE SUN = KING! (as well)

BF is happy that he manages to make more distance on the crutches with ever passing day. He's doing real fine lately, and fortunately manages to entertain himself on the terrasse of the mobile home we hired, playing his games and doing a bit of programming on the computer.
It's great to hear from you again Karin

Good news about your BF and that you have such an amazing time

We also had 38ー here on Sunday. I don't mind nice weather but that was really to much for me
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #2344
country flag Oizo
The Best Player Ever

Oizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond reputeOizo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Doris

Luckily here it cooled down a bit
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #2345
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
It's great to hear from you again Karin

Good news about your BF and that you have such an amazing time

We also had 38ー here on Sunday. I don't mind nice weather but that was really to much for me
Thanks dear!
Well we had a 'rude interruption' two days ago when I discovered a wasp's nest in BF's parent's home garden over here - - I've taken care of it now, but no fun it was..

42 degrees yesterday. Just TOO much, even the more as the temperature didn't get below the 30-degree mark even at night.

BF and me are happy to be leaving for the Northern Cold coming weekend again - I'm sure I'll be wanting to be back over here just a couple of days beyond.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #2346
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Does anyone know where I can download or stream the;

[b]SEMIFINAL AGAINST DELPOTRO (OLYMPICS)
Hi. Not sure whether this'll be any use to you, since it's a BBC site and they're notoriously difficult to access from outside the UK, which I presume is where you are, but it's available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...video/p00w3070
OTOH, since the BBC has been busy informing us that it wasn't responsible for any of the coverage and that it was all down to the Olympic Broadcaster, they don't own the copyright, and I see no reason to block coverage to other countries. Even if they do, presumably one of the Other Countries will also have had the opportunity to put it on their TV channel's website too. I know I found coverage of the Closing Ceremony, I think it was, on a Spanish TV website.

Hope this helps.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #2347
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

First of all: Doris, I will reply to your mail tomorrow and get things done!

I've been very busy lately.
First, I got good news about a lawsuit I got involved in (not that I wanted to at all - I wanted to settle things outside of the court in a convenant, but my opponent refused to do so, so there wasn't much of a different option left for me ) - and I've won on all points.
At least at this occasion, but I'll have to wait whether he'll call for appeal in a higher court. I don't think it would be smart for him to do so, but well, I advised against the whole business and pleaded for an out-of-court deal in first instance too... but he wouldn't listen to me. The bad part of it all is that I once thought said opponent was in fact a friend of mine. So instead of rejoicing about my win, I still feel rather about it all having to come this far....
Shit happens. More for him than for me on this occasion, so far.

Even better news: today my BF got the Green Light for being allowed and able to put weight on his left leg again dixit his surgeon ! I saw the X-rays myself and it indeed looked like his hip fracture had healed very well, it was pretty hard to discover the fracture lines on those pictures.

That said, tons of physiotherapy and training to follow right now, and the doc already told him not to exxagerate on it - he apparently fully understood what kind of very competitive person my Birdman is. "no Marathons, no Tour de France-actions yet, please", he requested.
Well the first thing BF did when he arrived home again was climbing on the home trainer - and it went very well.
His left leg now looks like a pencil compared to his right leg and he pretty sure wants to build up that muscle again asap. And I think he will.

Damn, know what, this year has got me three good friends of mine finding themselves with severe cracks and injuries on body parts - I guess I am a genuine Accidents-Will-Happen Magnet.

As for tennis, too bad Fish had to pull out today.
I looked forward to that match... meh.

Anathema

Old 09-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #2348
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Karin

Good to hear that you won the lawsuit but I can imagine that it's not an easy situation. I mean you were still friends afterall...

So your BF does get physiotherapy now? I remember that you recently wrote that this wouldn't be necessary.

Great that the healing goes well
Old 09-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #2349
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Karin
Doris! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Quote:
Good to hear that you won the lawsuit but I can imagine that it's not an easy situation. I mean you were still friends afterall...
Yeah, it's a rather sad situation I feel. I mean I won, but I also advised him against this law suit, I did make a proper proposition to settle things *out of court*, and the outcome is now that he'll now have to pay me twice as much as I offered him for an earlier out-of-court settlement. Not the way I want to see things get dealt with, not at all...
I warned him plenty of times, but somehow he didn't want to believe me. The major problem for me is that I do have a genuine Master's of Law University Title, but somehow he didn't want to trust me, anyhow - that I meant WELL for both of us. Be sure that if *I* advise someone to NOT take matters to court, but settle it in an outside court-agreement, I DO MEAN WELL. The most saddening point from my point of view is that he for some reason didn't believe me. He mistook me for an 'enemy', and that is as sad as I can think of. Let it be known: I am *noone's* enemy.
It hurts.

Quote:
So your BF does get physiotherapy now? I remember that you recently wrote that this wouldn't be necessary.

Great that the healing goes well
YEAH!!!
Well the BF will have to do a lot of excercising, and he's found a pretty good physiotherapist, and she was very pleased about what he's been doing on the camping already - even while being on the crutches.

He got X-rays taken at the hospital past monday again and the surgeon's verdict was that the fracture was pretty much healed already. I saw the pictures as well, and yes - looked pretty good to me!
Now it will be a matter of training, TRAINING, and TRAINING, just to build up his left leg's musculature again. There's not much left of that, I daresay, but with my BF's fighting spirit, I'm pretty sure it will turn out all well.

The wheelchair is OFF for now, and we're so happy about that!
He even managed to hobble himself on just one crutch to our Mind Sports Centre yesterday, some 1500 meters, not too bad.

So yeah... pretty good indeed!

Thanks for your asking Doris.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 09-06-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #2350
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

So Karin and Doris - are you going to see the DC?
Who other is going there?
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #2351
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Could somebody change the title of the thread ?

I think everybody here would prefer the "18" number
Old 09-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #2352
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thi title was changed after Roger won Wibledon. Let's bring him more luck waiting 1st the 18 and change the title after he wins again a new slam.

If I think of my weeks in the signiture I didn't updated
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #2353
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Karin, I didn't knew you wished my Happy Birthday in here as well

See you in 13 hours

Luna, I'm travelling to Amsterdam in a few hours and meet Karin there

Can't wait to see some live tennis again and meet so many great people again

Duong, I'm always open for new thread names.

Seeing Roger on the Harley

I'm thinking of renaming the thread into "Born to be wild" chat thread

Let's keep fingers crossed for the Swiss Davis Cup team everyone

See you next week
Old 09-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #2354
Anathemaniac

Quote:
[Seeing Roger on the Harley

I'm thinking of renaming the thread into "Born to be wild" chat thread
What an excellent idea!

Quote:
Let's keep fingers crossed for the Swiss Davis Cup team everyone

See you next week
Hope you enjoyed Amsterdam today Doris - we were very lucky with the lovely weather today I think, now let's just hope it will be the same for the coming couple of days - the forecast for tomorrow is rather bad, but it should get better come Saturday and Sunday.

Anathema

Old 09-14-2012, 02:17 AM   #2355
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
So Karin and Doris - are you going to see the DC?
Who other is going there?
Doris will be there for all the matches, I will be joining in on Saturday and Sunday.
We know quite a few friends who will be around there too!

Anathema