The "RF" chat thread - Page 156 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #2326
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "17 is our new favorite number" chat thread

He won a gold trophy. That's more important than winning a gold medal.

Winnie in Rogichat.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #2327
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Did Roger just say on FB that he doesnt feel like he lost gold but more that he won silver
And that's exactly like it was. Fantastic achievement.
Rog's tank was entirely empty after that epic semi against Del Potro (so happy that he managed to get the bronze, in straights! ), whereas Murray was in fact by far the most impressive player in this Olympic tournament.
Roger made the best out of it considering the circumstances (and let's face it, he didn't have an easy ride in the earlier rounds at all) and he should be proud of his achievement. I am happy to see that indeed he is.

Just one more thing to add: Djokovic

(sorry about that, at times I just can't help myself. I respect the guy for his tennis, his great sportsmanship, and his awesome achievements, I just cannot stand his tards... sorry. )

As for a personal addition - me and my BF will be off to Montpellier coming Friday. Made all the arrangements (wheelchair, crutches, etc.), and oh boy, BF's recovery is doing so well!

Coming Soon To The Olympics In The Near Future:
Pushing Wheelchairs with a guy 85 kilos in said wheelchair for over 5 kms and further.
I'll be in.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #2328
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

have a lovely vacation, Karin
Old 08-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #2329
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
Did Roger just say on FB that he doesnt feel like he lost gold but more that he won silver

Anyway Roger has won the gold for me ,so thats ok .I hope he concentrates on the US now
Winnie!
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #2330
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Purple Rainbow Lovely news!
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #2331
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
have a lovely vacation, Karin
Thank you Kat! s

Looks like all will be fine right now. I've been training a lot with BF, well he made about 1000 meters on the crutches today. He's been doing real fine.
And he has a very positive mindset, that's a massive HELP as well.

Took me about a week to make all of the arrangements for the plane flight but I think I've got it all covered by now. Still... nervous for what's to come, early morning tomorrow.

But, positive-as-positive can be - BF's recovery has been amazing up till now.

folks, hope to keep you updated from the lovely South of France!

Anathema

Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #2332
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

enjoy your trip Karin
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #2333
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow View Post
Hi everyone!
If you're a really old school mtf member, you might remember how I met a poster called SuperFurryAnimal on this forum (she's co-driver of the Federer Express).
We've met on this forum, soon started dating in real life and have been living happily together for over seven years now.

Well friends, I am happy to announce that we are pregnant and we can look forward to the first 'MTF' baby being born in February next year!

Regards, a proud and slightly anxious daddy-to-be!
wow thats fantastic news
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #2334
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #2335
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Dee lurking in Rogichat
Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #2336
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i am
Old 08-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #2337
Anathemaniac

a short notice from hot, HOT South of France.
All's well. I can only wish for 'Pushing a Wheelchair' to become an Olympic sport soon, as I'd surely be a candidate for a medal by now, haha.
Birdman's doing great, much much better than I expected. No troubles on the crutches, but unfortunately, the lovely Gardon river is out of reach for him. Not that he seems to mind much, he's enjoying the camping and his computer games as much as is possible considering his circumstances.

hope all's well with you folks here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post
Yes i am
Welcome as ever! We're friendly folks over here, Dee!

Anathema

Old 08-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #2338
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

^^ good to hear you guys are relaxing out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Nice one again 2/10 Fedsie,

Anyone care to fill me in on why all of the Safin avvys lately?
I'll just move this post of yours in here:
In some GM thread Mark Lenders and Burrow were having a discussion and someone else said that it's hard to tell who's commenting because they have the same avatar. Then someone said we should all have that avatar, and ... it just caught like fire in a dry forest The more posters switch to it the funnier it got, but the original story is not really that good or funny.

Just like I was pretty disappointed with the backstory for Ferrer's "Pics" nickname. I mean I thought the story about the guy who made the thread was funny, but I didn't see a reason for that to become his official nickname. The nickname is not actually about Ferrer -- it could have been any player.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:42 AM   #2339
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Dee! Welcome.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #2340
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I'll just move this post of yours in here:
In some GM thread Mark Lenders and Burrow were having a discussion and someone else said that it's hard to tell who's commenting because they have the same avatar. Then someone said we should all have that avatar, and ... it just caught like fire in a dry forest The more posters switch to it the funnier it got, but the original story is not really that good or funny.

Just like I was pretty disappointed with the backstory for Ferrer's "Pics" nickname. I mean I thought the story about the guy who made the thread was funny, but I didn't see a reason for that to become his official nickname. The nickname is not actually about Ferrer -- it could have been any player.
Ah thanks for informing me Kat . I suspected it was something like that, and jests are always good, when in good spirits.

We're indeed having a good time over here considering the circumstances. It's a heat wave over Europe now, not just the South, but the North as well, and knowning how terribly BAD the ... ehm 'summer' has been for the Northerners so far, I am happy to know that the folks back at home got at least one week of hot summer weather as well.

Over here? 38 degrees Celcius - in the shade. That's pretty friendly, knowing that the temp over at Clermond-Ferrand, a bit more to the north, surpassed the 40-degrees mark!
Not that I mind that much, the Gardon river is lovely and cooling. Only my planned hikings are *off*, it's a genuine no-go with these kind of temperatures, at least not over 15 kms or such, which I in all honesty think is a sort of 'beginner's' distance... well better luck next year on that. Still good on the plonging and canoe'ing in the river though!
Not to forget mentioning getting some great deep tan (pretty hard to avoid, even with sun blocks) - I welcome the folks at home to mistake me for an Italian or a Spaniard once again when I return.

THE SUN = KING! (as well)

BF is happy that he manages to make more distance on the crutches with ever passing day. He's doing real fine lately, and fortunately manages to entertain himself on the terrasse of the mobile home we hired, playing his games and doing a bit of programming on the computer.

@ Sean s - well there is a bit of your answer. Will reply to your PM soon.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-19-2012 at 11:29 PM.