The "RF" chat thread - Page 154 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #2296
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "17 is our new favorite number" chat thread

Are birdman's arms comparable to Rogi's gigantic left one?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #2297
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Are birdman's arms comparable to Rogi's gigantic left one?
Yep, very much likewise.
Fortunately he has a GF who indeed has some kind of Nadal-biceps musculature around him to help him out .

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #2298
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

I can relate to this Birdman. I hope to find a GF one day who is manly enough to do all the heavy lifting in my life

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
Old 07-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #2299
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can relate to this Birdman. I hope to find a GF one day who is manly enough to do all the heavy lifting in my life
Pretty sure he agrees with you,

Anathema

Old 07-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #2300
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

why do you call him Birdman?
Does he look like a bird? Does he like birds? Can he fly? Does he make cooing noises... uh, maybe I should stop there.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:36 AM   #2301
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Birdman reminds me of Berdych.

I'm glad Mr Bird is okay, Karin.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #2302
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Birdman reminds me of Berdych.
HA!
Don't know why, but I laughed so hard.

Probably because I never thought of that.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #2303
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Glad he's on the mend! He might want to try some exercises he can do while sitting in a pool. Will take the strain off his hip and give him a chance to work on that upper body!

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #2304
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
why do you call him Birdman?
Does he look like a bird? Does he like birds? Can he fly? Does he make cooing noises... uh, maybe I should stop there.
My BF is a fanatical nature lover, and likes to watch birds (the ones with feathers, I mean ), in particular.
Even more, his brother (a graduated biologist - like me, btw ) is a professional bird watcher and works for our National Society for Bird Protection - http://www.vogelbescherming.nl/
They have a sort of competitional relationship, as to, "Hey, I spotted [name bird X] in the fields out there today, did you do so, too?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Glad he's on the mend! He might want to try some exercises he can do while sitting in a pool. Will take the strain off his hip and give him a chance to work on that upper body!
Well today, it appeared bloody heavy to just push a wheelchair for some 10 kms.
I managed though.

His spirit seemed to be a bit 'down' today though. I think it came from realizing how shitty his situation right now is, and that it will stay that way for at least six weeks to come.
Can't blame the bloke, it's friggin' shitty indeed.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 07-28-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #2305
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, that's nice. I like birds. Except for pigeons
Old 07-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #2306
country flag leng jai

I like birds especially vultures.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
Old 07-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #2307
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
They have a sort of competitional relationship, as to, "Hey, I spotted [name bird X] in the fields out there today, did you do so, too?"
You also have this syndrome

I remember when we walked up the main street in Halle you were mentioning what kind of bird we could listen to

Quote:
Well today, it appeared bloody heavy to just push a wheelchair for some 10 kms.
I managed though.
I'm interested to see your armmuscles now

Quote:
His spirit seemed to be a bit 'down' today though. I think it came from realizing how shitty his situation right now is, and that it will stay that way for at least six weeks to come.
I think it's pretty normal to go through such a stage. All you can do is to be there for him

How about your plans for the South of France? When were you scheduled to go there?

Quote:
I like birds especially vultures.
Are you sure? One of them beat Tommy last Sunday
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #2308
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How can he be down when he has you?

I'm sure you can figure out a way to cheer him up.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #2309
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
You also have this syndrome

I remember when we walked up the main street in Halle you were mentioning what kind of bird we could listen to
- yeah, I always wonder about our gentle, beautiful Feathered Friends making our shitty little planet an (even more) enjoyable place to be...
The fellow over there I diagnosed as being the common Blackcap, a rather common songbird known as the 'Zwartkop' in my language, which happens to be the exact translation of its name in English. A very common, though hard to recognize (only on its song), member of the extensive Sylvia family of songbirds.

BTW, both of us are happy volunteers at our local Bird protection society.

Quote:
I'm interested to see your armmuscles now
Getting bigger-and-bigger. HIS too, btw.
Nadal-esque.
Uhm, in my case, I'd say Stosur-esque.
Not that it helped both of them either way lately... but it sure does help US.

Quote:
I think it's pretty normal to go through such a stage. All you can do is to be there for him
- yeah, indeed, and I think it's going well so far. I have to stop him at doing wonky dangerous things on the cruches at times (like getting into the shower whereas I think pushing him into there in the wheelchair might just be a better idea ) but so far, all's well. He's been in a rather good mood the past couple of days, and that might just well be one of the things I like about him most of all - his attitude. Whatever the shit, make the best out of it!

Quote:
How about your plans for the South of France? When were you scheduled to go there?
August 10th, so in some two weeks of time...
I will have to make arrangements to get him to Rotterdam Airport, get him a wheelchair and a proper seat on the flight, and get him a wheelchair and crutches once we've landed at Montpellier Airport just the same. So, ehm, quite a bit of work, and quite a bit of challenge to be honest, to get all of that done.
But ehm - I *like* challenges. And with a bit of help from his parents who live over there most of the time, I think "YES, WE CAN!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
How can he be down when he has you?

I'm sure you can figure out a way to cheer him up.
you're too kind, Sean.
But I try my best, what more can one do?
He had a pretty sunny disposition today, by the way. The outlooks are fine, even as much as it TRULY SUCKS to be in a wheelchair.
At least his recovery has been fine the past days. A positive outlook, a positive mind - it helps.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 07-30-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #2310
Anathemaniac

Well a (very) minor accident today. Never before I managed to get stung by a wasp, bee, or a bumblebee, as I am an animal lover and I usually know how to deal with these little gritters very well, but today was the time - I was out on the beach today, and there was a wind coming from land (usually it's from sea at our places), so a lot of insects where blown from the wind to the shores - disorientated they were.
I failed to pay attention, I just thought to sit down, and suddenly - OUCH!!!

It appeared I planted my buttocks right onto a poor bumblebee, and of course the poor animal couldn't do anything else but sting me - HARD.
Self-defence, of course. Went to the first-aid office to get rid of the poison, and the lady there told me he animal truly hit me hard. Took care of it and suck out of the poison, so no problem there.

Meh. I've got a huge bump on my left buttock right now.
But even more I feel sorry for the poor bumblebee, who, sadly enough, didn't survive this experience.

Sorry dear insect, I like your species.

folks!

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 08-02-2012 at 02:17 AM.