The "RF" chat thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:31 AM   #166
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
gnite karin and to everyone else as well. It was nice chatting with all of you. I hope to be there in the cheering thread on wednesday, although I have no idea when the match will be or the time difference between here and monte carlo. Hopefully its not too early in the morning.
Same feeling here. Good night to all of you dear folks!!!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 04:32 AM   #167
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Come On Roger!!!!!!!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:21 AM   #168
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever1980 View Post
Lekha.. Long time.. Hope things are well with you. I enjoy Ferrero's game too. It is real nice to see him win.
Tarrie You haven't been here much these days, have you? Things are fine with me, thanks How about you?
Yeah, yeah, it was. I'm rather happy that Ferrero and Hewitt won a title... It feels sort of nice when one of those "old" players win something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Hi folks!

So I gather that THIS is the chat thread right now, no?
Correct me if I'm wrong about that...

I'd just want to say "Hi!" to you all, and tell you that I've indeed had a wonderful weekend.

So happy that I indeed managed to get that 20 km+ hike done. Report is over here.
I was a bit worried about it, as I hadn't engaged in any a long distance hike for over 6 months... and well, in the past, I got some blisters all too often, and two years ago, it accumulated into some hamstring injury, as one actually starts walking without technique when one's being plagued by blisters. Wobbly, wobbly...

30 kms next weekend. On NEW SHOES. Heh. I hope I manage!
20 kms, well done, Karin 30 kms

Quote:
Not even to mention those sillies who think it is a reasonable idea to CUT into a healthy bod... - okay, I am from a different generation.

That said - my dear friend, who got diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of weaks ago - she's cleared!!
That's awesome news, Karin

Quote:
You just do not want to know... Chantal has been *given up*...
And the first thing I will do tomorrow morning is call her up - as I should have done a couple of days ago, already. Damm, she's merely 32 years old.
My sympathies It's always sad.. especially when she is that young.
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #169
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I loved A-ha on their heydays but haven't heard or seen them for quite some time. A new album will be great. I should check it out when it comes out. (Let me take a peep at Non-tennis thread in a minute.)
Tarrie

Sorry I went away without saying good-bye, but my PC crashed and I didn't wanted to restart it because it was already late and time for me to go to bed.

a-ha recently played three concerts in South America and have already announced tourdates for Great Britain later this year. Their new album is according to Pal coming out in September.

Quote:
I am great. Thanks for asking. Hope you are doing well also.
Good to hear that you are doing great. I have this week off until Saturday, which means I will be able to see some tennis - so I can't complain

Quote:
I don't have much interesting question for now, I am afraid.
So you get the order of today from me, to think about a question j/k

Quote:
But I certainly love to read my fellow Fed fans' comments which make me feel like I have friends who love tennis and Roger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
They are a Norwegian band right? I haven't heard much of their music but there is always this song that I always listen to:

Yes, Nadine, they are coming from Norway. They have been one of the most popular bands in the 80ies and managed a quite successful comeback in 2000. Some of current musicians say that they have been inspired by the band.

"Hunting high and low", which is also the name of their first album, is one of my favourite songs and it's always special to hear the song at a concert, when the crowd is singing the chorus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Marco played the year before I visited Halle first time, he was injured the two years after. But as he has Halle as his practise base and his coach is usually there, I guess the chances are pretty big indeed I hope so. If Marco doesn't come to Holland, I should go to him
Germany is at least not that far away as Australia to go to see him

Quote:
Try to make it remember you what a devoted fan you are
Oh well, they are an important part of my life. I grew up with their music and the songs helped me through a difficult moment in my life. Beside this I have so many great memories regarding to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
Yes, I like Ferrero too It's been 5 1/2 years Since Madrid 03, if I remember right... So it's awesome that he won a title again, esp after all his injuries and stuff
I have never been a fan of him, but it's nice that two of the veteran players won a title this weekend. Lleyton also won a tournament and had his little girl at the trophy ceremony on the court

Quote:
I hope that the Basel tournament and the concert don't clash, and that you can attend both.
Thanks Lekha
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #170
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I try my best not to defend Feddie in GM- it just gets you right in a big hole, though when they start off with the words tosser and pussy that is when I start getting a "bit" angry. I shouldn't bother really, but they do like to push it at times I feel
It's not always easy to stay away from GM, but sometimes it would be the best solution.

Unfortunately I often take a lot of what is written over there way to seriously, which I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself.

Quote:
I must admit that some posters,especially in GM, scare me. That's why I waited a year before joining. I suppose it's all in good fun though.
GM is indeed a strange place. Always when you think it can't get any worse there are threads and comments which prove you wrong.

Quote:
That said - my dear friend, who got diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of weaks ago - she's cleared!!
That's great news Karin

Quote:
You just do not want to know... Chantal has been *given up*...
And the first thing I will do tomorrow morning is call her up - as I should have done a couple of days ago, already. Damm, she's merely 32 years old.

Life is bloody unfair, and don't give me any religious nonsense to comfort me, or her.
I didn't knew you have another friend who is dealing with a disease at the moment Hopefully you can give her some support and courage
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #171
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Doris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

I have never been a fan of him, but it's nice that two of the veteran players won a title this weekend. Lleyton also won a tournament and had his little girl at the trophy ceremony on the court

I'm quite happy for Hewitt too I am not a huge fan of his, but I am glad to see him winning a title It's sort of nice when the "old ones" manage a title or two

That's so cute
Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #172
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh that's a shame but you have your reasons I really enjoyed chatting to you here and in Yvo's thread. Remember DC night? That was so much fun, even though Chiudi lost
Quote:
Definitely!! That was the most fun.. We should do it again next time Chiudi plays.
Quote:
Yes as he doesn't play that often in matches that are televised it's a rarity to be treasured . I still think the Fed forum has some of the nicest people around, and feel I can "swing freely" here without trolls attacking everything I say etc.
Can I be part of that caht again too? I really had a great time chatting that evening Hopefully they'll show Chiudi soon again. He'll play this afternoon, but I have no stream for that match

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #173
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Germany is at least not that far away as Australia to go to see him
Luckily not, otherwise I wouldn't be able to visit Halle every year But I will never forget the look of surprise in his eyes, when he saw me in Aussie. Definitely a moment to remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden
Oh well, they are an important part of my life. I grew up with their music and the songs helped me through a difficult moment in my life. Beside this I have so many great memories regarding to them
It's good to hear they could help you somehow I can understand that they are very important for you then

Hopp Suisse!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #174
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can I be part of that caht again too? I really had a great time chatting that evening Hopefully they'll show Chiudi soon again. He'll play this afternoon, but I have no stream for that match
Hi Yvo

That was a very memorable day for me, all you're wonderful stories about meeting Marco, and all the amazingly beautiful pics that you took . I'd love it if there was a live stream Maybe they'll put one up later on atdhe or channelsurfing . What time is he playing?
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #175
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Quote:
Hi Yvo

That was a very memorable day for me, all you're wonderful stories about meeting Marco, and all the amazingly beautiful pics that you took . I'd love it if there was a live stream Maybe they'll put one up later on atdhe or channelsurfing . What time is he playing?
Nadine

I remember it as well, we kind of got to know each other that weekend. That's the first chat I remember with all of us posting, with photos of mostly Marco and Michi and cheering at the same time

I can't find anything, nor can I find a livestream I think he'll play about now... Grrr it's not on atdhe

Hopp Suisse!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #176
country flag trickcy

Hey everybody

I see Marat won Lleyton could have been feeling the effects of traveling that late into MC, but I thought Marat would still find a way to screw it up Marat!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #177
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey everybody

I see Marat won Lleyton could have been feeling the effects of traveling that late into MC, but I thought Marat would still find a way to screw it up Marat!
I was very impressed with Marat. He seemed to be more patient than usual. I'm happy he won, but overall it has been a crazy day with all the upsets.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #178
country flag trickcy

Quote:
I was very impressed with Marat. He seemed to be more patient than usual. I'm happy he won, but overall it has been a crazy day with all the upsets.
Hey Usha
I hope Marat can string together some good matches this year. Yeah, so many seeds knocked out Andreev, Monfils, Robredo and Almagro out. Simon too..
Old 04-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #179
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey Usha
I hope Marat can string together some good matches this year. Yeah, so many seeds knocked out Andreev, Monfils, Robredo and Almagro out. Simon too..
Hi. Its Lekha right? Hopefully tomorrow will be better with top seeds performing well.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #180
country flag trickcy

Quote:
Hi. Its Lekha right?
Yep

Quote:
Hopefully tomorrow will be better with top seeds performing well.
I hope so.. Especially the second seed