The "RF" chat thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2009, 02:42 AM   #151
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "No matter what - we will support Roger" chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Karin and Usha what do you think of the Roger-Seppi match on Wednesday? Do you think it'll be a close encounter? Does Seppi dare I say it have what it takes to beat Fed?
Aye, thank you Nadine - just to lift my mind from the troubles I'm dealing with right now, with some beloved friends...

Seppi did well against that opponent of his, but eh... what was his name, again?

Roger should well be able to deal with Seppi. If not, he'd have no deal of appearing at MC at all. I'm sure he's ready to make his mark there!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 02:44 AM   #152
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
Aye, thank you Nadine - just to lift my mind from the troubles I'm dealing with right now, with some beloved friends...

Seppi did well against that opponent of his, but eh... what was his name, again?

Roger should well be able to deal with Seppi. If not, he'd have no deal of appearing at MC at all. I'm sure he's ready to make his mark there!
As monfils pointed out, he's out for revenge!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #153
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
I'm an atheist, or atleast most times anyways. No "religious nonsense" from me.
Same here. If anything, I believe in the Power of Love = Nature.

Anathema

Old 04-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #154

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Same here. If anything, I believe in the Power of Love = Nature.
I was sort of on the fence for a while, but not anymore thanks to the non tennis section here as well as the tv show house. Surprisingly I go to a catholic university, but that's because they have decent pharmacy program here. A few of my friends are quite religious, but with friends I try to refrain from dicussing two topics and that is religion and politics.

Last edited by icedevil0289 : 04-14-2009 at 02:55 AM.
icedevil0289 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #155
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what I am.

I'm supposed to be a Muslim, but I am not religious at all neither is my family. I don't believe in what is said in the Koran, but I respect the fact that others do. Does that make me agnostic?
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #156

Quote:
I don't know what I am.

I'm supposed to be a Muslim, but I am not religious at all neither is my family. I don't believe in what is said in the Koran, but I respect the fact that others do. Does that make me agnostic?
One of my good friends is a muslim, although I don't think she is a good one, considering she drinks. Just for the fun of it, I tried fasting with her. I last a day. I thought I was doing well, but the second day I saw a box of entenmann's cookies and I wilted like a flower. Kind of sad really. I have no will power. Although I'm going strong in the vegetarian department. Two years and counting and this is coming from someone who used to be the biggest chicken lover.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 AM   #157
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I don't know what I am.

I think so.
If anything, I think that one should pick out the GOOD things of 'official' religions, and just ignore the bad. As such, I think that Jesus indeed said (if he ever did ) some great words, in his "Judge not, for you will be judged", just to name one, and to add another one, "Those who are about to throw the first stone... ".
I'm sure there are equally great liner notes in the Koran just the same.

Just pick out the GOOD things and ingnore the rest of it I think. I guess that makes me an agnost as well. Though, deep in my heart, I'm more of an atheist.

Anathema

Old 04-14-2009, 02:59 AM   #158
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
One of my good friends is a muslim, although I don't think she is a good one, considering she drinks. Just for the fun of it, I tried fasting with her. I last a day. I thought I was doing well, but the second day I saw a box of entenmann's cookies and I wilted like a flower. Kind of sad really. I have no will power. Although I'm going strong in the vegetarian department. Two years and counting and this is coming from someone who used to be the biggest chicken lover.

My family have never been of the religious kind and have never put any kinds of pressure on me to do certain things. I have tried fasting myself, but after I got some bladder problems due to lack of water that's when I had to stop forever. Really I find some of the stuff that you are required to do in a religion ridiculous, but if it gives people inner peace then I guess that's an advantage . Not for me though, I find it hard to believe that there is a supreme power out there.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:03 AM   #159

Quote:

My family have never been of the religious kind and have never put any kinds of pressure on me to do certain things. I have tried fasting myself, but after I got some bladder problems due to lack of water that's when I had to stop forever. Really I find some of the stuff that you are required to do in a religion ridiculous, but if it gives people inner peace then I guess that's an advantage . Not for me though, I find it hard to believe that there is a supreme power out there.
My family has never been the religious kind either. Atleast my immediate family anyway. My family in india on the other hand, very religious. Especially my grandmother and my uncle on my mom's side. When I went to india a few summers ago, we went to quite a few temples and it was painful. Although in one temple I got blessed by elephant. lol. In case your wondering what that is, you basically give some money to the elephant and ittakes it with his trunk and it puts it down and then taps you on your head. Well it was more than just a tap. There is actually this one temple in south india where my mom used to live that is on top of a hill and you have to climb over 2000 steps to get to it. I'd definitely like to try it someday.

Last edited by icedevil0289 : 04-14-2009 at 03:13 AM.
icedevil0289 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #160
country flag Dini

Quote:
I think so.
If anything, I think that one should pick out the GOOD things of 'official' religions, and just ignore the bad. As such, I think that Jesus indeed said (if he ever did ) some great words, in his "Judge not, for you will be judged", just to name one, and to add another one, "Those who are about to throw the first stone... ".
I'm sure there are equally great liner notes in the Koran just the same.

Just pick out the GOOD things and ingnore the rest of it I think. I guess that makes me an agnost as well. Though, deep in my heart, I'm more of an atheist.
Well said, Karin

I mean the things like "no lying", "no stealing" etc etc that are part of nearly every religion was a big part of my upbringing anyway, without the religious reference to it, however. For me, believing in a religion should be a thing to find inner peace, and not to create global war like it has done for centuries. I hate it when they force people into believing stuff they don't want to believe, I hate it when countries dictate what the other's faith should be. Religion should be something personal in my opinion.

*woopsie gone off on a bit of a tangent there *
Old 04-14-2009, 03:19 AM   #161
country flag Dini

Usha, Karin (and lurkers ) I'm off to bed now.

C'ya soon, take care and night night
Old 04-14-2009, 03:21 AM   #162
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Well said, Karin

I mean the things like "no lying", "no stealing" etc etc that are part of nearly every religion was a big part of my upbringing anyway, without the religious reference to it, however. For me, believing in a religion should be a thing to find inner peace, and not to create global war like it has done for centuries. I hate it when they force people into believing stuff they don't want to believe, I hate it when countries dictate what the other's faith should be. Religion should be something personal in my opinion.
- I'd like to take it even further - I happen to believe that one does not need any a religion to believe that any of the points you pointed out right there are bad/wrong or right.
If there's anything pissing me off BIG TIME right now, it's the concept of people claiming that they are 'better people' just because they claim to be religious.

Well, eh - NO!!! in all, eventually, it's just a matter of 'treat people the way YOU want to be treated! - friendly, courtagiously, with RESPECT, whatever their circumstances!
I think it's a rather arrogant claim of the 'religious folks' to think that they are better at that than the non-religious folks, in fact....

You don't have to believe in any kind of a 'god' to be able to accept that as a guidance in your life... at least that's what I believe in.
Unless you're not brought up appropriately, of course.

Anathema

Old 04-14-2009, 03:21 AM   #163

Quote:

gnite and sweet dreams and don't let the bed bugs bite.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:23 AM   #164
Anathemaniac

Quote:

Sleep well all of you folks!
And let's join in to cheer for Roger asap heh, .

Anathema

Old 04-14-2009, 03:28 AM   #165

Quote:
Sleep well all of you folks!
And let's join in to cheer for Roger asap heh, .
gnite karin and to everyone else as well. It was nice chatting with all of you. I hope to be there in the cheering thread on wednesday, although I have no idea when the match will be or the time difference between here and monte carlo. Hopefully its not too early in the morning.