Stringing question (possibly for jazar)...... - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
country flag Smasher

Smasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stringing question (possibly for jazar)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
I can answer that, I used to do a bit of stringing.

Fixed clamps will make it a hell of a lot quicker. The floating clamps are ok once you get used to them, but they're a pain in the ass at first, it'll take you ages to string a racquet with them.
Ok, cheers Adam. I'll go with the fixed ones then
Smasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #17
country flag Smasher

Smasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond reputeSmasher has a reputation beyond repute

I just stringed my first two rackets ever today with the new machine It took me like five hours Nothing wrong with the machine, the user probably was a bit slow But yeah, it's pretty simple with the fixed clamps, doing the knots was the hardest part...
Smasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #18
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Jazar, I've got a bit of a problem with my strings.

I've got an APD Cortex with pro hurricane tour 17's strung up at 60. My game is built around heavy spin and depth of court, moving the opponent around and closing the net when the first opportunity presents itself. Recently, though, my strings haven't gotten the same depth they've gotten in the past. Would a lower tension help out?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smasher View Post
I just stringed my first two rackets ever today with the new machine It took me like five hours Nothing wrong with the machine, the user probably was a bit slow But yeah, it's pretty simple with the fixed clamps, doing the knots was the hardest part...
dont worry. my first racket took me about 2 hours, but now i'm down to around 15 minutes. its all about practice and learning a few tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove Dude View Post
Jazar, I've got a bit of a problem with my strings.

I've got an APD Cortex with pro hurricane tour 17's strung up at 60. My game is built around heavy spin and depth of court, moving the opponent around and closing the net when the first opportunity presents itself. Recently, though, my strings haven't gotten the same depth they've gotten in the past. Would a lower tension help out?
if you like the string then lowering the tension would be the best option. maybe try it at 58 and see how that goes. if the problem still persists you can always lower it a little more. as poly is a stiff string you can still use it at lower tensions and get the control and spin you want
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 AM   #20
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzy, do you know a string called Topspin Cyber Blue?

Would it be doable to cross this with the Pro Poly Plasma, I've been offered a very good deal on it.....
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #21
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

i do know that string, its rather popular in america. its a polyester string, similar to the signum pro, but a little bit softer and more playable. having two polyesters wouldnt be the most conventional hybrid, but its not like its never been done before. it would probably be best on the mains, with whatever you normally use on the crosses, but having the signum pro on the mains and the topspin on the crosses would be interesting and should certainly be durable
Old 06-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #22
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate, sounds a bit dodgy

Think I'll stick with the Signum Pro on the mains and Gut on the crosses....some people do it the other way around don't they? Am I right in thinking that might make it more playable/spin but less durable?
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #23
country flag jazar

the mains are the primary influence of what you feel from the strings. having the softer string on them does make it more playable, comfortable and powerful, but does decrease the durability as the mains are the strings most prone to breaking. whether it increases spin is debatable. i've been meaning to string up 2 of my rackets exactly the same but one with poly mains and natural gut crosses, and the other with natural gut mains and poly crosses but i've never yet gotten round to it. i think most people who put the softer string on the mains do it because they heard a certain GOAT does it that way