Dinara Part 2 - Page 64 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #946
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
This is waaaaaay off topic but just a random observation....the woman in the back of the photo behind Dinara looks like Dasha Zhukova, perhaps it's just me who thinks it's her?
I think you are right. It might be Dasha
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #947
country flag mikomonstr

mikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond repute

I THINK this news should go here, if not, please let me know: Dinara not on Official entry list for French Open, then Vladas Lasitskas (reporter for sport-express.ru) tweeted this: "Did a huge interview with Dinara Safina (@Dinarik27) about her future. Don't miss. Friday. Sport-Express." I, of course, don't know, but am seriously thinking it is going to be a retirement announcement.
mikomonstr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #948
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikomonstr View Post

I THINK this news should go here, if not, please let me know: Dinara not on Official entry list for French Open, then Vladas Lasitskas (reporter for sport-express.ru) tweeted this: "Did a huge interview with Dinara Safina (@Dinarik27) about her future. Don't miss. Friday. Sport-Express." I, of course, don't know, but am seriously thinking it is going to be a retirement announcement.
Please God, no.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #949
country flag mikomonstr

mikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond repute

#DinaraPrayerCircle, right?????????? I'll post anything that seems valid here in the next few days.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #950
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Kelly - Am wondering, would she confide in Vladas Lasitskas about something as major as that? Wouldn't she announce it on her official site?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #951
country flag mikomonstr

It seems that in the very recent past (read: in the last 2 years or so), Vladas has been THE interviewer of choice to break news/land the bigger interviews as regards Russian tennis. I've been following him for awhile, and he was the one who scooped the Zvonareva news in the last week or so, so I'm just thinking he might have something here, but, of course, I could be dead wrong. And I REALLY hope I am. I hope that the headline reads something like: "DINARA LIKES TO EAT FROSTED FLAKES BEFORE ALL OF HER MATCHES!" or some such nonsense. What also makes me think something may be up is the fact that Dinara has NOT taken to either her Twitter or FB account at ALL in the past few days, and if you look at her history, she usually, quite quickly, posts if there is something going on with her injury-wise and how long she can expect to be out. Sorry to ramble so, but I truly hope it's not THE announcement, and just AN announcement of some sort.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #952
country flag mikomonstr

I'm hoping that some Russian MTF'rs can shed some light, as far as if there has been anything in the news there...
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #953
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly, you are not the only who thinks this could happen .. http://www.championat.ru/tennis/news-809260.html
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #954
country flag monkey247

Quote:

It seems that in the very recent past (read: in the last 2 years or so), Vladas has been THE interviewer of choice to break news/land the bigger interviews as regards Russian tennis. ... I truly hope it's not THE announcement, and just AN announcement of some sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post

Kelly, you are not the only who thinks this could happen .. http://www.championat.ru/tennis/news-809260.html
Thank you, Kelly and Annie! Here's an extract from Sport-Express, which, if I've interpreted Google translation correctly, suggests Dinara might just be taking an indefinite leave of absence.

Article / Google translation

Quote:

Dinara Safina: "When I come back - I do not know" 12.05.2011

Ex-top-ranked Dinara Safina in an interview to Sport Express about the reasons that led her not only to miss the starting May 22 Roland Garros, but generally take on an indefinite pause in terms of their speeches.

- How long will you stay out of the game?

- I do not know how long the timeout, because do not want to torture yourself and your body. At the start of the season I have not had any pain and other problems. But as soon as I started to perform regularly, all returned. It seems that you begin to play better the next day it is impossible to turn elementary. Tired of every five minutes in training to hear the same questions the coach: "As a spin?" You can do this exercise? " On the court I feel like a trapped, because I'm afraid to make any sudden movements. Tired of fighting. I want to forget this meal.

- So now you're even light exercise will not be done?

- No. At the moment I will not do anything related to tennis. When I can bend over and make sharp movements in the hand, not thinking about the pain, it will be the first sign that I can start training.

- What a time to return to the WTA Tour set for themselves?

- I do not care when it happens - on the upcoming summer series of American tournaments at the end of the season or as early as next year. I want to take as much time to recover, so you do not think back to the end of a career.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #955
country flag mikomonstr

Aw, that's really too bad, and I hope the kid is able to get healthy and possibly return. Just like her brother, it must be so difficult to work towards something in a chosen career and then have factors you'd never considered (injuries) play such an important role in whether or not you're able to actually perform your job. I have always really enjoyed her game (especially on clay) and hope to see it again soon. What can I say, I've got a soft-spot for those temperamental Safins.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #956
country flag jdenelle

jdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond repute

get better D!
jdenelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #957
country flag mikomonstr

And here is the full interview. Bless, and wish well, whatever may happen in the future... http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/13802/
Old 05-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #958
country flag monkey247

Quote:

And here is the full interview. Bless, and wish well, whatever may happen in the future... http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/13802/
Thanks so much, Kelly. I truly hope she can recover completely from this back problem, however long it takes.

And to all the lowlife scumbags on Twitter hating on Dinara for no reason: in the immortal words of her brother, they can go **** themselves.

Annie, if you have time to translate the interview, I'm sure we'd all be massively grateful.

Quote:

- You do not fear that Madrid's match against Julia Goerges may be the last in a career?

- In this life can be anything, but I doubt that I will finish with tennis. Still love this sport, just my body needs a timeout. How many times can I call my mother after each match, in tears and complaining of pain? On this subject I've had long talks with my brother and parents. They support me. Marat himself said - take a break.

Now I'm quite calm. If it decided to retire tomorrow and I had to find a new job, probably would have felt themselves differently. In the last couple of days, I even at night thinking about his decision. Now we need to in my head all finally settled down. I hope it will happen fast enough.

Last edited by monkey247 : 05-13-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #959
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
Annie, if you have time to translate the interview, I'm sure we'd all be massively grateful.
Here it is guys Dinara's talking style is a bit different from her brother's

Quote:
Sport Express 13 may 2011

Dinara Safina: I am taking time-out. I donít know, when Iíll be back

On Wednesday late in the evening was known that the former Nr. 1 Dinara Safina took the decision to withdraw from the starting Roland Garros due to problems with her back. Her decision is also to take indefinite leave from tournaments. The reasons for her decisions are announced by the 25-year-old Muskovite herself, currently 68th in WTA ranking, in a conversation with the Sport-Expressí correspondent.

Q: Dinara, the decision to withdraw from Roland Garros could be interpreted by many as a step to retirement...

D: I wouldnít say that I am leaving sport. I want to play tennis as before, but my body needs a break. I am 25 years old, and I would like to have normal life in the future, and not to suffer.

The thing is that I still have issues related to the fracture in the spinal column, and these things are not a joke. Lately I have played in pain, and all the time I felt discomfort in the back. I lost to the German Yulia Goerges in Madrid more than a week ago and still I canít normally bend or turn left.

I talked with doctors in Madrid, and flew for medical consultations in Austria. The doctors say that for a full recovery after my injury one needs more time.Thatís why I decided that if my health doesnít allow me to play, then I will not do it. When I said that to myself, literally a heavy weight fell off of my shoulders. In the recent time I was under the pressure to play, but my back was hurting. That was putting me down a lot.

Q: How long will you stay out of the game?

D: I donít know how long will be the time-out, because I donít want to torture myself and my body. At the start of the season I had no pain or other issues. After I started playing more regularly, everything came back. You start playing better, and the next day you simply cannot turn. I got tired of listening one and the same question from my coach every 5 minutes: ďHowís your back? Can you do this exercise?Ē On court I feel tight, because I am scared to do any sharp movement. I got sick of fighting with the pain. I wish to forget these sufferings as soon as possible.

Q: Was the Madrid tournament the final drop in your decision?

D: Probably, yes. In Spain, before the starting match versus Nourie Llagosteroy Vives I was given a pain-killing shot. During the next match - with Goerges, after only three games I asked the doctors to stop my pain somehow, since I couldnít bend, or hit backhands

Q: That means that now you will not do even light training?

D: No. Right now I will not do anything tennis related. I am tired of rehabilitation, different exercises. When you see that all this doesnít bring a result, you have no emotional power left. Now I want to live a regular life

Before taking a racket in hand, I will have to go through a month of special procedures. When I am able to bend and do sharp side movements not thinking of pain, that would be the first sign that I can start practicing.

Q: What deadlines for return did WTA set for you?

D: I do not care, when will that happen - the coming summer on the US series, in the end of the season, or the next year. I want to take as much time on recovery as needed, in order not think about my back until the end of my career.

Q: This way you have disbanded your team, headed by the Italian coach David Sanguinetti?

D: I frankly told the guys that I do not know, how long will I need to return and that they are free to do what they wish. If they get a job offer from someone else, they can accept it. But when I decide to restart my career, I hope we will gather again - of course, if they are available.

Q: I guess you understand that your decision will be discussed and talked about. Not all comments would be nice though....

D: Certainly. For instance, on internet people discuss my weight. Donít people think, that I am blind and donít know about it? Many of them donít even think about the reasons for my weight. Some think that the reason for gaining weight is that everyday I eat chocolate, covered with hot chocolate. What can I say.... Itís very easy to sit before the computer and write nasty things, but to read is unbearable. In the hard times one would like to hear other things from the fans.

Q: Do you remember, when did you feel pain the back for the first time?

D: That was in 2009 in Cincinnati. Every morning the back was hurting me more and more, but I somehow managed to reach the final. During the warm-up in Toronto, before the match versus the French Aravan Rezai, after every hit I saw ďstarsĒ in daytime. Thatís how all started. At the beginning I didnít think that this is such a serious thing. Every player has some kind of pain, and thatís why I continued playing. In New York I did scan (MRI?) and I was told that itís an inflammation. In 2010 I had a fracture in the spinal column.

Q: Who of the female players already knows that you took a break?

D: Vera Dushevina. I donít think that the girls from WTA Tour care, whether I took a break or nor. That doesnít concerm them.

Q: Arenít you scared that the Madrid match versus Yulia Goerges could be your last one?

D: In life everything could happen, but I doubt that I will retire from tennis. I love the sport as much as I did before, but my physique needs time-out. How many times can I call my mom after a match and crying complain about the pain? I discussed this in length with my brother and my parents. They support me. Marat told me - take a break.

Now I am calm. if I have taken the decision to retire and tomorrow would have to search for a new job, probably I would feel differently. Lately, I was thinking of my decisions even at nights. Now, everything has to settle in my head. I hope this goes fast.

Q: Are you in Moscow now?

D: Yes, and the first week here was quite busy, as I had piled up many chores. For the last 6 months, I have been home only 10 days. Finally, I will meet all my friends and relatives. Probably the walls at home will help me too. Probably later I would fly to Monaco, where is my mom now. In Monte Carlo is very nice, since everything is near. I have an idea to drive from Monaco to Italy. Probably, I will make it happen.

Q: What would you tell your fans?

D: 99% I will come back to tennis, but I want to return healthy. So just give me some time.

Q: I guess you have heard about Anna Chakvetadze, who is an year younger than you, and also took a break - due to unexplainable seizures during matches...

D: The difference is that in Annaís case, the doctors cannot determine the reasons. And thatís the most horrible. Anna probably feels bad as twice, since she had a great pre-season in Argentine. We crossed paths with her there, and I know that she was coming back to her previous level.

People say that our health issues are due to stress. I hope her case will soon be solved in a good way. After all Anna is 24 and I am 25, I think we didnít deserve such problems.
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #960
country flag monkey247

Wonderful translation, thank you.

What does she mean by "Probably the walls at home will help me too"? Does she mean that she'll benefit from the feeling of containment that being at home can bring (instead of being constantly on the road)?

Last edited by monkey247 : 05-13-2011 at 08:21 AM.