Dinara Part 2 - Page 58 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:12 AM   #856
country flag Safi

Safi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2

LOL! Yeah, or maybe this is something on a temporary basis. We'll see.
Safi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2010, 06:14 AM   #857
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation, Safi.

Is Hernan really working with both Dinara and Ernests? That's a lot to take on. Hopefully for his sanity this is a temporary arrangement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
I'm sure that day include "Buy me iPad, buy me iPad, buy me iPad..." "Buy me a dog, buy me a dog,..."

BTW, I've been reading her twitter page and I've been getting hungry over all her talk about barbecue, dulce de leche, and BROWNIES!!! Oh, I see she's in Stanford now -- here we gooooooo...
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #858
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Stanford draw is out -- Dinara drew Kimiko again for R1.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #859
country flag Remy

Remy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond repute

Dinara's finally won a match! 6-1, 7-6 against Alona Bondarenko in the 1st round of San Diego.

Quote:
"I needed the win," Safina said.

"Last week I lost a tiebreaker and in practice I lost one because I was playing defensive. Tonight I said I'm not going to play defensive and be aggressive and whatever happens, happens."

Twelve months ago Safina held the number one position but her back injury and an alarming loss of confidence has contributed to her fall in the rankings.

The 24-year-old was forced to pull out of Wimbledon when she re-aggravated her back injury which left her unable to walk for a week.

"I think my back is fine now," said Safina. "Every morning when I wake up and it feels good I say thanks."
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/030820...san-diego.html
Remy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #860
country flag Viky-cro

Viky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond repute

from @JamesLaRosa twitter

Quote:

Bad news kids- @Dinarik27 is no more. Dinara tells me she's quit twitter. Got her feelings hurt one too many times.
Viky-cro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:46 AM   #861
country flag KarlyM

^When I read what Myskina said recently that Dinara would get upset about negative comments on the internet, I knew she wouldn't last long on Twitter. Maybe it was actual fans who desperately wanted to see her win that they made critical comments she didn't like. Or more likely --> a$$holes like dylan.

I listened to her match against Alona last night on Radio Tennis. It sounded like she did good. She was broken a couple times in the 2nd set but kept breaking back. When she was serving to stay in the 2nd set at both 4-5 and 5-6, she was down 0-30 but still held serve. She was doing a lot of yelling after holding those games! Alona was the one doing the racquet breaking and she called her coach down at least once. I don't think Dinara called for her coach (good sign ). If I remember correctly, in the post-match on-court interview she mentioned she hadn't won in awhile and she didn't know whether to smile or cry.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #862
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Random thought: Just noticed that the big brother was wearing micky t-shirt in the photo thread at the party and the kid sister was wearing minnie during photoshoot http://cowbell.typepad.com/forty_deu...s-you-are.html

Mama Rauza still does cloth shopping for her kids perhaps?

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 AM   #863
country flag KarlyM

Cincy R1: Dinara def. Vinci 7-5 6-4.
15 DF's and got broken a bunch of times, but she had 6 aces and won in straight sets.

She gets Clijsters in R2.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #864
country flag Remy

Remy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch...Clijsters for R2. I hope she manages to step up her game.
Remy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #865
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Dinara won against N. Petrova and is up against Schiavone tomorrow.

from the press after the match:

Quote:
For my mother, there is nothing else but tennis, so I guess I am a little different from my brother (laughter). I enjoy this sport and as far as I enjoy this sport I will give 100% of myself. And when I finish my career, I will know I did everything to be honest with myself.
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #866
country flag KarlyM

Dinara has been playing well this week. I watched most of both of them online, and the crowd has been really behind her. The win against Petrova is a big one. She had to really fight in that match - she was down 1-4 in the 3rd set, faced 23 BP's on her serve and saved 19 of them, and only managed to DF 3 times in 2 1/2 hours. Her next match against Schiavone will be interesting.

EDIT: Dinara has taken a WC into New Haven.

Last edited by KarlyM : 08-19-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #867
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

She lost to Franny but it seems she played pretty well.. Good look in New Haven!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #868
country flag KarlyM

Dinara drew Franny for R1 in New Haven! per twitter
Old 08-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #869
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Dinara..

Wonder if Marat will come to NY to see her play?
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #870
country flag KarlyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Poor Dinara..

Wonder if Marat will come to NY to see her play?
^If Marat comes to NY, I HIGHLY doubt he will go to one of her matches.