Dinara Part 2 - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #811
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2

Old 05-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #812
country flag Alya_C

Alya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post

A bit of clarification here In the interview on lifesport the journalist asks him, whether he'll go to RG? (Marat: Sure), and whether he'll cheer (Marat: Sure). The press article made it sound as if he personally declared he'll go there and cheer from morning to evening (my guess: with a huge pink banner )

I think Marat will go to RG for work (just as Tarpi goes there), networking, know how exchange etc. IMHO that is
I didn't think he'd go for the first week anyway, even though with him you never know. And he probably would never watch his sister live (she's a nerve wreck as it is even without him there ) He might show his pretty face deeper in the draw - QF,SF, Final...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
Alya_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #813
country flag Safi

Safi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya_C View Post
I didn't think he'd go for the first week anyway, even though with him you never know. And he probably would never watch his sister live
She lost today and I don't think he was there.
During the press conference Dinara didn't want to talk much about her split with Zeljco.
Safi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #814
country flag Ales_Alessandra

Ales_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond repute

Dinara!

MOYA!
Спасибо SAFIN!

GUGA, OBRIGADA!

Rafa-Nole-Ernie-Ferru-Feli-Juanqui-Murray-Bellucci-Nalby-Feńa-Youznhy-Andreev
Ales_Alessandra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #815
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Dinara. I saw some highlights and that was enough for me. Was she really up at least a break in every set? I heard she was up 5-0 in the 1st, up 1 break in the 2nd, and up 4-1 in the 3rd. I'm sure she will sort things out with her game, new coach, and a new training routine in time.

Her R1 doubles match is scheduled 3rd on Court 4 Wednesday.
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #816
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

An interview in Russian with Mama Rausa here

It seems like Zeljco was not good choice after all. And, boy, is she protective of her daughter
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #817
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

taz summarise for penguin? por favor?
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #818
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
taz summarise for penguin? por favor?
always

Rausa says that the hardest thing now for Dinara is to play, because she fears a new back injury might stop her career. Before every hit she thinks, whether this might be her last hit, her last match It is mental issue, not physical at this time. The doctors said now all is fine.

Asked to evaluate the job done by the now ex-coach Krajan, Rausa says that from coach point of view his work was null (zero). She didn't interfere, because the results were good (mostly based on previous coaches' work). What Zeljco did was listen to Dinara and understand her. Probably he might have said something nice that Dinara would like to hear.

About the new coach Rausa still can't tell anything certain, first let's see what will happen etc. She liked the first set vs Kimiko, because it was seen the game from before. For two years Krajan didn't improve anything in Dinara's game.
Right now Dinara is still playing doubles in Paris and deals with issuance of UK visa Rauza wishes only that Dinara to be healthy, all else will be fine.

Last edited by AnnieNik : 05-28-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #819
country flag Safi

Safi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond repute

So I guess the split wasn't in very nice terms.
Thanks Annie for the translation!
Safi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #820
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interesting interview/translation Annie.
I hope Dinara can find a good coach who can help her improve her weaknesses.

For those who don't know, Dinara & Szavay def. Zakopalova/Zalameda 6-1 6-1 in R1 doubles on Wednesday. They play R2 against Black/Vesnina first on Court 4 on Friday.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #821
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

hmm...interesting that interview. thanks taz!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #822
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
always

Rausa says that the hardest thing now for Dinara is to play, because she fears a new back injury might stop her career. Before every hit she thinks, whether this might be her last hit, her last match It is mental issue, not physical at this time. The doctors said now all is fine.

Asked to evaluate the job done by the now ex-coach Krajan, Rausa says that from coach point of view his work was null (zero). She didn't interfere, because the results were good (mostly based on previous coaches' work). What Zeljco did was listen to Dinara and understand her. Probably he might have said something nice that Dinara would like to hear.

About the new coach Rausa still can't tell anything certain, first let's see what will happen etc. She liked the first set vs Kimiko, because it was seen the game from before. For two years Krajan didn't improve anything in Dinara's game.
Right now Dinara is still playing doubles in Paris and deals with issuance of UK visa Rauza wishes only that Dinara to be healthy, all else will be fine.
Sounds harsh, no? I mean, ofc there was previous coaches' work, there always is. Same thing in life, you build yourself from interactions with other people.

So yeah, Dinara benefited from other coaches' work. But facts are facts: the results weren't quite there with other coaches. They happened with Zeljko, so he did something that worked. Maybe that wasn't about the technique, maybe that wasn't about the physical work (I guess her physical trainer is to be thanked for that ), but then he did something that unlocked some other thing mentally, and thus allowed her to get more confident etc.
Dinara herself said she reached the #1 spot thanks to their combined work and efforts. So, however it all ended (in good terms or not), she gives him credit for her results in the past 2 years.

And I'm not sure I understand the part about him listening to her and saying something nice that Dinara would like to hear... she meant he was just too nice and saying things to please her instead of maybe shaking her when needed? Because if that's the meaning, whoever has ever watched them during practice knows he could be harsh enough on her.
I think we had a convo about it in this thread (i think it's in this thread, but maybe not. Sorry, haven't been here in a while, i can't remember all ), where someone said he was too harsh maybe with her, and I said back then that I thought she probably didn't mind since she was the most demanding person with herself anyway and seemed to be even more severe and harsh sometimes when commenting on her results or practice.

I don't know why she decide to split, and how it ended, I hope one day we'll get to know more about it. But I think Rauza's a bit severe here. (and no, that's not just fangirling )

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #823
country flag KarlyM

R2 doubles: Dinara & Agnes lost to Black/Vesnina 2-6 3-6 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
I don't know why she decide to split, and how it ended, I hope one day we'll get to know more about it. But I think Rauza's a bit severe here. (and no, that's not just fangirling )
I thought Rausa was harsh, but I think it's important to note this is coming from the mother's point of view. You know how some parents get with their kids - they can get protective of them and can sometimes have a cloudy view of things involving them. () I don't believe Rausa was around all the time to see everything, and I don't know what (and how much) information she was getting from Dinara. She might not know the whole picture, but there is probably some truth to what she said.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:25 AM   #824
country flag AnnieNik

Quote:
Sounds harsh, no? I mean, ofc there was previous coaches' work, there always is.
Quote:
Zeljko .. did something that worked
Steppy, I'll directly quote her words:

Quote:
It's just that Zeljko listen to her and understood her, which was impossible with the previous coaches. Probably he was saying to her something that she was glad to hear as a girl. But the work that had to be done, wasn't done.
Quote:
Actually I liked the first set of the match against Date Krumm. It was visible the game from before. After that started the vanity and all problems appeared that Dinara acquired with the ex-coach. For two year he didn't improve anything, he only worsened the problem parts.
Quote:
But I think Rauza's a bit severe here.
She is tough, and she has been tough on the previous coaches too (They were way too harsh on Dinara). I guess every mother's reaction would be the same, if they see their kid crying,

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
I thought Rausa was harsh, but I think it's important to note this is coming from the mother's point of view.
plus the fact that Rauza she is perfectionist
Old 05-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #825
country flag helen10

helen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds harsh, no? I mean, ofc there was previous coaches' work, there always is. Same thing in life, you build yourself from interactions with other people.

So yeah, Dinara benefited from other coaches' work. But facts are facts: the results weren't quite there with other coaches. They happened with Zeljko, so he did something that worked. Maybe that wasn't about the technique, maybe that wasn't about the physical work (I guess her physical trainer is to be thanked for that ), but then he did something that unlocked some other thing mentally, and thus allowed her to get more confident etc.
Dinara herself said she reached the #1 spot thanks to their combined work and efforts. So, however it all ended (in good terms or not), she gives him credit for her results in the past 2 years.

And I'm not sure I understand the part about him listening to her and saying something nice that Dinara would like to hear... she meant he was just too nice and saying things to please her instead of maybe shaking her when needed? Because if that's the meaning, whoever has ever watched them during practice knows he could be harsh enough on her.
I think we had a convo about it in this thread (i think it's in this thread, but maybe not. Sorry, haven't been here in a while, i can't remember all ), where someone said he was too harsh maybe with her, and I said back then that I thought she probably didn't mind since she was the most demanding person with herself anyway and seemed to be even more severe and harsh sometimes when commenting on her results or practice.

Great post - I quite agree. I think Rausa was certainly being too severe here - I think Zeljko helped Dinara a lot at first and her results speak for themselves. Perhaps though he was too hard on her following her injury and his frustration during her matches was not pleasant to watch.

Sometimes I think the Safin family could perhaps keep their opinions to themselves a little more, but that's certainly part of their charm! I just hope Dinara finds someone good to help her regain her form.
helen10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote