Dinara Part 2 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #16
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara!

mushy so much for patriotism eh
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #17
country flag camilia

camilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond reputecamilia has a reputation beyond repute

Go Dinara
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #18
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

All Drama Dinara strikes again!

I'm glad she won. Her match was a lot more exciting than Fed's match afterwards. She did a great job mentally dealing with a tight match and a crowd cheering against her + applauding her DF's. Is she the only player who can get into double figures in double faults and still win? Hopefully, her serve is better for the next match against Zvonareva because she has been playing good.

Quote:
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...059534843.html

Q. Do you feel like your own worst enemy out there sometimes? Is it sort of you against yourself sometimes?

DINARA SAFINA: Most of the time it's me against myself playing. You know, I play against me, my shadow, myself, everything against me. If one day I will play only against opponent, this will be the perfect day.

Then it's the crowd and the Open and me. I hope the next match is going to be ball and the Open and nothing else.

Q. Have you been in contact with your brother over the last few days, and has he given you any advice as you get towards the business end?

DINARA SAFINA: As I said already before, actually we been today in contact because today is his birthday. Second, nobody is allowed to give me advice except my tennis coach. I don't want that somebody mess up these things.

It's my coach, he's the only one person allowed to tell me something and nobody else.
She sounds like Marat in the first answer. Awww... she called her brother for his birthday.

EDIT: I forgot to mention... I have some great news. After Dinara's match last night, Bud Collins predicted that she will not win AO... and we all know how well Bud's predictions turn out!

Last edited by KarlyM : 01-28-2009 at 02:41 AM.
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:31 AM   #19
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePossum View Post
mushy so much for patriotism eh
he he ... like me going for Marat when he played Hewitt in the final ... I swear they were going to confiscate my passport and banish me to the desert ... I did have an Aussie flag hanging off my balcony on Australia day the other day though, so I think I have redeemed myself!!

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #20
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=KarlyM;8081967]All Drama Dinara strikes again!

I'm glad she won. Her match was a lot more exciting than Fed's match afterwards. She did a great job mentally dealing with a tight match and a crowd cheering against her + applauding her DF's. Is she the only player who can get into double figures in double faults and still win? Hopefully, her serve is better for the next match against Zvonareva because she has been playing good.[quote]

Quote:
She sounds like Marat in the first answer.
totally! thanks for the quote

and so Krajan () is the one with the power, huh?

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #21
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Dinara def. Vera Zvonareva 6-3 7-6 and now it's on the final, baaabyyy

Quote:
Q. What would it mean to you to be a Grand Slam champion for the first time?

DINARA SAFINA: Well, it would be amazing, you know, to have the same trophy as my brother have. It'll be a dream comes true.

Q. We are too far ahead, of course, but when Marat won his first Grand Slam he had some chilled vodka brought in. I'm just wondering what your preferred celebration beverage might be if that happens.

DINARA SAFINA: What did he brought?

Q. Vodka.

DINARA SAFINA: I'm not drinking any alcohol. The most you will see me drinking is some pure water.

Q. Afterwards? If you won?

DINARA SAFINA: I don't drink so much. Maximum I can drink is maybe glass of wine. I don't drink any alcohol.

Q. When your brother won here and the US Open, it was a big celebration in your parents' house, I imagine. What about you? Would they celebrate in the same way, or a little less because they're getting used to the triumph of your brother? And do you think they expect more from your brother or from yourself?

DINARA SAFINA: I don't know. Well, I guess we gonna ‑‑ because my brother is also gonna be in Moscow, so I guess we gonna you have a big dinner together and enjoy the day.

Well, and me, I will leave soon because I will have another tournament coming up, Dubai, and back to train.

Q. My question was if you think they expected more of him or you to win, and it would make a difference for them?

DINARA SAFINA: I don't think so. Success is success. I don't know if they expect more from me or from my brother. It's a Grand Slam. I don't know. I was not in the position, so when I will be, I will tell you who is more celebration, when Marat won or I won.
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.

Last edited by AnnieNik : 01-29-2009 at 07:48 AM.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #22
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Go For It Dinaraaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #23
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Journalists and their questions
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #24
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
exactly! The first part of the interview was the journo asking ten times how much Henin helped her career?

On the fun note, Dinara joked (in another interview) that if she wins, she'll be able to afford a present for Marat's brithday
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

How about this one?
Quote:
Q. Are you planning to bring one day a bunch of boyfriends to cheer for you?

DINARA SAFINA: No, I'm not this kind of person. No, no.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #26
country flag Remy

Remy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond repute

Bring boyfriends to cheer for you?? That's a pathetic question..

Win the slam Dinara!!
Remy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #27
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

journos way to go jinxing her
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #28
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
yeah

The questions about Henin sure, she owes everything to Justine, let's throw her party to thank her!

And the questions on her parents and who they expect more from etc... I thought the next question would be "if the house was on fire, would they save your brother or you?" that's very smart to ask, and showing so much tact

As for the boyfriends question... no comment

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #29
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

YAY! Dinara won!

I'm not surprised by the stupid journalists questions. They've been asking weirder than usual questions during this tournament. The questions just yesterday were weird - one asked Federer for one of his towels. Roddick's entire press conference was weird. I think those journalists were on vodka!
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #30
Scavenger Hunter

nah. I think they're all suffering from heatstroke in their airconditioned press box