Dinara Part 2 - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #271
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
that first pic is really cool!!
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
Yeah, because we all know being a writer is that easy.

She also claims to be a 'fashion designer'.
All celebs are effin' designers these days! I bet they don't know how to sew or even draw a silhouette on a piece of paper. Someone probably does it all for them and they just come in for like an hour or two (hey, if you're also a top athlete, an actress, a writer and attending lots of red carpets you don't have much time to spare!) and they just say yes or no or 'could you do that in blue?'.
Seriously it's a disgrace for REAL designers, people that spend hours and hours studying fabrics and cuts and putting their ideas on paper and then actually execute them.
well said (the 'could you do that in blue' part made me laugh but I'm sure it happens this way indeed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLikesToDisco View Post
Dinara beat her sister venus (for the first time!) in one epic, classic clay court match! Best match in a loooooong time! Second consecutive final featuring Dina and Kuzzy! Revenge please

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #272
country flag safinafan

safinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dinara beat her sister venus (for the first time!) in one epic, classic clay court match! Best match in a loooooong time! Second consecutive final featuring Dina and Kuzzy! Revenge please
First Serena and her big mounth, now Venus ...fantastic!!! The next is Kuz!!! Dinara's vendetta is almost done
safinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #273
country flag JenAnn

JenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Dinara !
But I have to say that the on-court coaching is really annoying. Today her coach was there so much that I thought it was a fed cup match...
JenAnn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #274
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAnn View Post
Congrats to Dinara !
But I have to say that the on-court coaching is really annoying. Today her coach was there so much that I thought it was a fed cup match...
It's not the on court coaching that is annoying - it's Dina's coach only

It might be effective for Dinara - I really hope it is! - but I for one find him too aggressive and I feel I see more of him on the court than I'd like to: tennis is also about players' own intelligence and ability to take the right decisions during play, so I really do not like him intervening so much!

Anyway, very very good match today - the best match I've seen of Dinara, actually.
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #275
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like on-court coaching at all.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #276
country flag SheLikesToDisco

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute

The on court coaching was only highlighted cos Venus doesn't use it at all and because Dina actually listens to her coach (unlike Vika who just gave the match away based on one bad line call and her coach told her to forget it otherwise it was gonna destroy the match- and it did).Venus doesn't question calls which is good for Dina fans but bad for her cos she's so She should've had her dad on for her break conversion which was very badDina got to the FO final with no coaching and to the AO final. I think Z should give Dina notes on what to do if a problem arises. Just imagine Dina on Philippe Chatrier opening a brown envelope. "If your serve is shite go to bullet point 4 " etc

Oh and it's one thing to get given advice but it's another to take it on board and execute it successfully

Official Apprentice and Fashion Stylist of The Domik of Dinara Disciples

Last edited by SheLikesToDisco : 05-08-2009 at 09:34 PM.
SheLikesToDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #277
country flag JenAnn

JenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
I don't like on-court coaching at all.
It's a rule I'm absolutely against ! It's not allowed on the ATP. What does it mean ? Women need help ? Pffft... The WTA should get rid of the on-court coaching. Tennis is a sport that forces you to solve problems by yourself.
JenAnn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #278
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The on court coaching was only highlighted cos Venus doesn't use it at all and because Dina actually listens to her coach (unlike Vika who just gave the match away based on one bad line call and her coach told her to forget it otherwise it was gonna destroy the match- and it did).Venus doesn't question calls which is good for Dina fans but bad for her cos she's so She should've had her dad on for her break conversion which was very badDina got to the FO final with no coaching and to the AO final. I think Z should give Dina notes on what to do if a problem arises. Just imagine Dina on Philippe Chatrier opening a brown envelope. "If your serve is shite go to bullet point 4 " etc
So you think that Vika lost the match because she did not listen to her coach? I bet she figured out for herself that she does not have to let that bad call influence her, but we all know it's always easier said than done...

As for K, he was equally annoying in the final towards Sveta - which Dina eventually lost anyway . OK, I don't mind him intervening ONCE IN A WHILE, if he really thinks he can help and he has the right to do it, but I totally dislike his way of giving advice - as I said, I hope it is effective for Dinara (I would have slapped him after two sentences )
Old 05-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #279
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post
It's not the on court coaching that is annoying - it's Dina's coach only

It might be effective for Dinara - I really hope it is! - but I for one find him too aggressive and I feel I see more of him on the court than I'd like to: tennis is also about players' own intelligence and ability to take the right decisions during play, so I really do not like him intervening so much!

Anyway, very very good match today - the best match I've seen of Dinara, actually.
She's using a right that the WTA rulebook gives her
I don't like the on-court coaching either, I like that tennis players are alone once they walk on court and have to make the decisions and choices alone. But she's not to blame here, she's not the one who created that rule. It exists, she's using it.
As for Krajan and how he's doing the coaching, that's what we were talking about last week: many of us might not like it and would just tell him off in the same circumstances, but Dinara is really harsh on herself and demanding, and she probably wants her coach to be honest with her and to go straight to the point, etc. And maybe she wants him to be aggressive while coaching because it boosts her, boosts her ego... She's a grown up, she's making choices on how to run her career (remember Marat saying he's very proud of the way she handles the people she works with?), I'm pretty sure if she didn't like Krajan's on-court methods she'd be able to tell him

Old 05-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #280
country flag yarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
She's using a right that the WTA rulebook gives her
I don't like the on-court coaching either, I like that tennis players are alone once they walk on court and have to make the decisions and choices alone. But she's not to blame here, she's not the one who created that rule. It exists, she's using it.
As for Krajan and how he's doing the coaching, that's what we were talking about last week: many of us might not like it and would just tell him off in the same circumstances, but Dinara is really harsh on herself and demanding, and she probably wants her coach to be honest with her and to go straight to the point, etc. And maybe she wants him to be aggressive while coaching because it boosts her, boosts her ego... She's a grown up, she's making choices on how to run her career (remember Marat saying he's very proud of the way she handles the people she works with?), I'm pretty sure if she didn't like Krajan's on-court methods she'd be able to tell him
I have to agree with your points - I guess I keep forgetting that Dinara+K seems to be a very successful colaboration, regardless of what I think of his methods .
Old 05-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #281
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

all this talk of on court coaching gave me a sudden image of marat receiving on court coaching and ending up hitting his coach on the head with the racquet
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:40 AM   #282
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
all this talk of on court coaching gave me a sudden image of marat receiving on court coaching and ending up hitting his coach on the head with the racquet
It would be great entertainment.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #283
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On a serious note, I guess it would be great for Marat if on court coaching was allowed on ATP. Not that he can't think for himself but a coach could calm him down and give him confidence at important moments of a match.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #284
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post
I have to agree with your points - I guess I keep forgetting that Dinara+K seems to be a very successful colaboration, regardless of what I think of his methods .
Yeah.
What I hope though is that with all the matches he's playing these days (and tough ones even) she won't get exhausted for RG

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
On a serious note, I guess it would be great for Marat if on court coaching was allowed on ATP. Not that he can't think for himself but a coach could calm him down and give him confidence at important moments of a match.
Yeah, I often thought about this when he was coached by Peter.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #285
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Probably. Two words to prove this point: Davis Cup.