Dinara Part 2 - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #256
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

Well she probably did want the car badly, I would be disappointed too.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #257
country flag SheLikesToDisco

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute

She lost to Sveta, a friend of hers so I'm guessing the defeat will sting less and jebus did Sveta play like a woman possessed! Her FH was just

Official Apprentice and Fashion Stylist of The Domik of Dinara Disciples
SheLikesToDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #258
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica87 View Post
yeah me too.
...which is why you and I probably will never be top tennis players!
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #259

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute

I agree most people are like wtf Dina's coach is one harsh taskmaster but she is benefiting from it I know she won't fire him, that's almost a given.

Found the best way to describe their relationship floating around a tennis blog- "ah...tempestuous"

Last edited by SheLikesToDisco : 05-03-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #260
country flag RedSonja

RedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLikesToDisco View Post
I agree most people are like wtf Dina's coach is one harsh taskmaster but she is benefiting from it I know she won't fire him, that's almost a given.
Never.

But I know when I was a competitive athlete, the thing I hated the most was coaches who tried to sugarcoat things. I always wanted honesty. Don't tell me "everything's fine" if it's not, it's not like I'm not right there, experiencing how terrible it is. I did much better with the Zeljko "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??" approach than I did with a "oh, it's okay, you just need to change one, maybe two small things, and everything will be okay!" kind of deal. So if that's how she is, that's how she is, certainly she knows what works for her.
RedSonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSonja View Post
Never.

But I know when I was a competitive athlete, the thing I hated the most was coaches who tried to sugarcoat things. I always wanted honesty. Don't tell me "everything's fine" if it's not, it's not like I'm not right there, experiencing how terrible it is. I did much better with the Zeljko "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??" approach than I did with a "oh, it's okay, you just need to change one, maybe two small things, and everything will be okay!" kind of deal. So if that's how she is, that's how she is, certainly she knows what works for her.
I just can't imagine a coach tiptoeing/pussy footing around Dina and getting away with it!
What you see is what you get with Dina, you might as well expect that from her coach

Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #262
country flag Meliana

Meliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond repute

If she understands that his harshness and frustration comes from the fact that he knows full well that she can do it, that he hasn't a doubt in his mind of her value and hence gets so pissed when she doesn't win, then this method is ok. And she's said many times he gave her confidence and made her believe in herself so I guess for her it works
Meliana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #263

I'm watching videos of her practising with Z and mystery man in Stuttgart.....silence, utter silence

Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #264
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

Dina won her quarter final 4-6, 6-3, 6-0!

rica87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #265

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

that first pic is really cool!!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #266
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Why I can't stand Serena Williams (no new news here, just aggravated me):

By Paul Virgo

ROME (Reuters) - Serena Williams still rates herself as the best player in the world even though she has been toppled from the top spot by Russia's Dinara Safina.

"We all know who the real number one is," Williams told a news conference at the Italian Open on Monday. "Quite frankly, I'm the best in the world."

Second ranked Williams, who will face Swiss Patty Schnyder in her opening match in Rome, felt she could back up her claim because she owns 10 grand slam singles titles while Safina's tally stands at zero.

Asked which opponent she feared most, the American quipped: "Probably myself. I always beat myself."

Safina, the younger sister of former men's number one Marat Safin, said time would tell if her rival was right.

"She can say this because she won many more grand slams than me," said the 23-year-old.

"But she's also older than me so she has more experience. So let's see when I'm her age how many titles I have and then we can say," added Safina, who has contested 10 finals over the past 12 months, winning four titles.

"It's not luck. Nobody gave it to me. I played two grand slam finals and last year I won four titles. This didn't come out of sky."

The 27-year-old Williams, who has already dabbled in fashion designing and acting, said she was thinking about expanding her off-court interests.

"I've been writing, but I haven't been writing. In my mind I've been saying I want to write, but I haven't actually physically picked up a pencil and started writing," the U.S. Open and Australian Open champion said.

"So that is my next challenge, to actually to sit down and do it. No (not my life story). A screenplay. Nothing is impossible."

It's one thing for Serena to think these things, but, to say them out loud at press conferences or during interviews completely discredits Dinara and also discredits the WTA, quite frankly. Play more matches Serena, and you will keep your ranking... pick and choose your matches so that you get ample rest, and your ranking drops. Shut up and play.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #267
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratsmaiden View Post
Asked which opponent she feared most, the American quipped: "Probably myself. I always beat myself."
maybe, just maybe, she should have feared Patty a teensy-weensy bit. but that's just a guess.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratsmaiden View Post
"I've been writing, but I haven't been writing. In my mind I've been saying I want to write, but I haven't actually physically picked up a pencil and started writing," the U.S. Open and Australian Open champion said.
Yeah, because we all know being a writer is that easy.

She also claims to be a 'fashion designer'.
All celebs are effin' designers these days! I bet they don't know how to sew or even draw a silhouette on a piece of paper. Someone probably does it all for them and they just come in for like an hour or two (hey, if you're also a top athlete, an actress, a writer and attending lots of red carpets you don't have much time to spare!) and they just say yes or no or 'could you do that in blue?'.
Seriously it's a disgrace for REAL designers, people that spend hours and hours studying fabrics and cuts and putting their ideas on paper and then actually execute them.

Meh. Sorry for the rant but this woman is SO arrogant, I can't stand her.

Another gem from her website: "Her remarkable tennis skills have skyrocketed her to fame, but only her unique charm and drive could explain her successful endeavors outside of tennis in film, television, fashion and
philanthropy."

... that's SO easy if you have millions of $$ in your account.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #269

Dinara beat her sister venus (for the first time!) in one epic, classic clay court match! Best match in a loooooong time! Second consecutive final featuring Dina and Kuzzy! Revenge please

Old 05-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #270
country flag rica87

oh dear! what a match! too many rebreaks for my taste! but she fought through!
final score: 6-7 6-3 6-4