Dinara Part 2 - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #226
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #227
country flag JenAnn

JenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond repute

STUTTGART, Germany April 27 (Reuters) - Freshly crowned world number one Dinara Safina expects another title-rich season that will consolidate her new status and lead her to a Grand Slam win.
Russian Safina replaced Serena Williams at the top of the WTA's official rankings last week and said the first half of her dream was realised, the other being a grand slam victory.
"This year started better than last year," Safina told Reuters in an interview arranged by the WTA Tour's sponsor Sony Ericsson before the start of the Stuttgart tournament.
"This year I have already played in a grand slam final so why not even have a better year?" Safina said.
Safina, who lost to Williams in the Australian Open in January and was a losing finalist at the 2008 French Open, said becoming number one had taken a lot of pressure off her game as she chases her first grand slam win.
"Now I can be more relaxed. I made it to the top and I can now focus on the other half of my dream. Before it was all about winning, winning, winning. The pressure was great."
Safina credited her coach Zeljko Krajan for turning her game round last year and helping her reach the top.
"I always felt there was more, something else inside me," she said. "I had the shots but did not know when to use my weapons. I am lucky I found the right person to open my mind.
"Now I feel I want to take everything in my hands. Not like waiting for Serena (Williams) to lose."

CELEBRATED BIRTHDAY
Safina, whose brother Marat is a former men's number one, said discussions about the ranking system and how a player with no grand slam win can go top left her cold.
The rankings system was questioned last week by Williams, who in the past 12 months has won the Australian Open and the U.S Open and was beaten finalist at Wimbledon.
"It all started with (former number one) Jelena Jankovic and me. Maybe it is because we are young or because these people are jealous," said the 23-year-old, who celebrated her birthday on Monday with a big cake.
"You have to make sacrifices but when I celebrate I eat cake," she said. "I just had pancakes with chocolate spread before as well."

Safina does also not mind all the obligations which come with the top spot: "It will be new but this is what I wanted. I wanted to be famous."
The Porsche Grand Prix is the first official WTA clay court tournament held indoors as the buildup in Europe for the French Open starts in earnest.
Safina, who opens on Tuesday or Wednesday against Italy's Sara Errani, said she feels comfortable as she has already played several Fed Cup ties indoors on the dirt.
But she is already looking beyond Stuttgart, well aware that she will only be fully recognized as a top act with a Grand Slam title.
"My mission is not finished yet. I want to win a Grand Slam. I have to work hard but I think I can do it. I have been in finals," Safina said.
JenAnn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #228
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

(In case you wonder, nope that's not her birthday gift. Just a car she sat in at the Stuttgart tournament)

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #229
country flag Meliana

Meliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond repute

I bet it's the Porsche they have as prize for the tournament winner. I love that car!

http://www.porsche.com/brazil/pt/mod...iolet/gallery/

Last edited by Meliana : 04-28-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Meliana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #230
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Of course it's a Porsche. They had her visiting the Porsche museum last Friday too

*edit* oh it's not the prize. The prize is indeed a white Porsche from what I've read, but that one is a vintage car displayed there that she was allowed to sit in (#1 PR job ) for a photoshoot.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #231
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

this was at the museum

(credits to PersephoneDisco on tennisforum for uploading it)

Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #232
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

She won her first match as the world #1: 6-0 6-1

Hantuchova or Cornet next

Old 04-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #233
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

with a scoreline worthy of a number one
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #234
country flag SheLikesToDisco

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
this was at the museum

(credits to PersephoneDisco on tennisforum for uploading it)
thanks for giving me credit
Loved how she paired chucks with a burberry headband

Official Apprentice and Fashion Stylist of The Domik of Dinara Disciples
SheLikesToDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #235
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLikesToDisco View Post
thanks for giving me credit
Loved how she paired chucks with a burberry headband
oh hello, didn't know you had an account here

OOP for today:
Center Court:

Not Before 6:15 PM
Jelena JANKOVIC (SRB)
vs.
Sabine LISICKI (GER)
followed by
Dinara SAFINA (RUS)
vs.
Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK)

Old 04-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #236

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Damita

I hope I can watch it!
Davai Dina!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #237
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

What a match!!!
It wasn't going well. 3-6 7-5 and then 6-0!

Kuzzie tomorrow. (I know she's not an easy opponent but somehow I prefer Kuzzie than Elena for the final)

Davai!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #238
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Dinara and good luck for tomorrow !!
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #239

Davai Dina!
serve well tomorrow, please!!
Z is hilarious though! Let's hope if she does receive coaching tomorrow it works again

Old 05-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #240
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

lol yeah he's really fun to observe during her matches (and I liked how he moved his head after the final point, like "thank God it's over". )