Dinara Part 2 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #166
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE ON 20th APRIL!

oh and to stay on topic (), this is nice what he said about Dinara. And since she seems to learn from his mistakes I hope she'll indeed enjoy the moment as much as possible

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #167
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
hmmmpfff

I can understand he wants to quit, and is tired of playing etc. And if that's what he wants, then
But I'm a bit annoyed that he can still show brilliance and could have won more matches recently than he has, by just believing in his chances a little more... and didn't.
So true. I think he just wants us to want to kick his ass till the end.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #168
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
So true. I think he just wants us to want to kick his ass till the end.
He can count on us then

Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #169
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, pwease, don't get too deep in this. As I said earlier it sounds too severe in English The journalist tried to give him a guilt trip, but Marat didn't fall in the trap. All is fine, things go as planned. He smiles

Btw Tarpi also said that Marat could play good tennis 2-3 years more, if he wants to
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #170
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

btw the english summary translation is a bit misleading. After this part "Though there are several moments, which could change my mind" the journalist asked Marat to specify what moments exactly can make him change his mind and Marat answered that it's personal and not related to tennis.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #171
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
Guys, pwease, don't get too deep in this. As I said earlier it sounds too severe in English The journalist tried to give him a guilt trip, but Marat didn't fall in the trap. All is fine, things go as planned. He smiles

Btw Tarpi also said that Marat could play good tennis 2-3 years more, if he wants to
agreed with Tarpi

About the rest, you may be right but it doesn't change the fact that there had been a few close calls on recent matches and that he just didn't seem to believe in his chances enough, and lost them when he could really have won them. That's what annoys me. As I said in he previous post, and several times before, I totally understand that he wants to quit, but I'm thinking "if these are your last tournaments, don't you want to give your best?". He says he's no pressure this year. If so, then he shouldn't start thinking on court when he's leading on the scoreboard. What happened in recent matches looks a lot like choking and choking to me is related to pressure, and to the moment when you realize you can win and you suddenly add pressure on your shoulders...
If he's determined to quit and has no pressure, how can he blow up a double break advantage in the 3rd set?

See that's what i'm not too comfy with. He wants to quit? fine. And a farewell tour is a great thing to do. But if you're saying goodbye at least say it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
btw the english summary translation is a bit misleading. After this part "Though there are several moments, which could change my mind" the journalist asked Marat to specify what moments exactly can make him change his mind and Marat answered that it's personal and not related to tennis.
thanks

Old 04-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #172
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Guess he did the interview over the phone or with a Russian reporter in Monte Carlo.
It was made by Russian reporter after the official post-match press conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
hmmmpfff
I can understand he wants to quit, and is tired of playing etc. And if that's what he wants, then
But I'm a bit annoyed that he can still show brilliance and could have won more matches recently than he has, by just believing in his chances a little more... and didn't.
Steppy, I'll try to translate few of this words, that I think summarize best the whole interview:
"I play matches and tournament like before. Some places I win, some places I lose. Some places I play better, some places worse."

Nothing too dramatic. IMHO he still tries to win matches, still tries to do something well (hence the pressure that he denies), but mentality has always been of a trick to him. That's part of his whole brilliance, after all As Irochka pointed out, at some point he might get afraid he'll win
Old 04-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #173
country flag RedSonja

RedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond reputeRedSonja has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE ON 20th APRIL! 3 more days!!

50% on topic: In the Arena When Winning is All in the Family

I think I've seen this quote before, but I always love it...
Quote:
“They are good together,” Islanova said recently. “Their spirits are pretty much identical. They have the souls of a brother and sister and always felt that way, and as parents we put so much effort and time so that they would grow together.”

100% on topic: SD ekskluzivno Dinara Safina: Marat sad može u mirovinu, a Ljubičiću još dugujem večeru!

Uhhh... I don't speak Croatian, but from Google Translate it seems like she's been training in Munich and is in relatively good spirits. It also sounds like she might have fired her fitness coach, but it's Google Translate, so who knows?
RedSonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #174
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Was the journalist trying to give him a guilt trip about retiring?

Ahh.. and so he did go to the aftermatch press conference. Has anyone seen a transcript of this?
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #175
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ahh.. and so he did go to the aftermatch press conference. Has anyone seen a transcript of this?
It was after Hewitt match
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #176
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
It was after Hewitt match
Oh! Well, anyway maybe he is basking in the Barcelona sun by now..
Old 04-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #177
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

It bugs me because he seems to be playing alright and still losing, when he really shouldn't be! You need confidence to win matches and you need to win matches to be confident. It's a tough situation.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #178
country flag AnnieNik

Quote:
Was the journalist trying to give him a guilt trip about retiring?
(intro: Marat talking that he is ready to retire)

"- Many of your colleagues and tournament organizers disagree with you. They think that Safin is a phenomenon in tennis and that you should stay on court longer. Today I have seen myself, how much you are loved by the fans - every top 10 player could envy you. Doesn't the fan support bring on additional motivation?

Marat: You have twisted this smoothly. It's just that you will not succeed giving me a guilt trip (smiles). I have already given tennis everything I could...."
Old 04-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #179
country flag ad-out

Thanks for the info AnnieNik. Pretty smooth answer from Marat..
Old 04-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #180
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(intro: Marat talking that he is ready to retire)

"- Many of your colleagues and tournament organizers disagree with you. They think that Safin is a phenomenon in tennis and that you should stay on court longer. Today I have seen myself, how much you are loved by the fans - every top 10 player could envy you. Doesn't the fan support bring on additional motivation?

Marat: You have twisted this smoothly. It's just that you will not succeed giving me a guilt trip (smiles). I have already given tennis everything I could...."
where's our RG and wimby titles

PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote