Dinara Part 2 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #151
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara!!! Part 2

sorry fishy I can't change the time stamp. I'll put it in the title
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #152
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara Part 2: NUMBER ONE ON 20th APRIL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
of course, he did! what do the journalist think? That he is so envious with her success, that he hugs his trophys and cries bitter tears at home?
I'm sorry, but that image just made me rotflmao!
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #153
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Also, people need to get over the fact that she will be no1 without a grand slam. She worked so hard and it's a mathematical ranking, the most objective one you can get. I'm sure she will win one eventually!

People in WTAHell seem to think it's totally undeserved and Serena should stay no1. But another poster made quite a smart remark about how Serena can expect to be no1 when she only playes like 5 tournaments a year. And he was totally right.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #154
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
Also, people need to get over the fact that she will be no1 without a grand slam. She worked so hard and it's a mathematical ranking, the most objective one you can get. I'm sure she will win one eventually!

People in WTAHell seem to think it's totally undeserved and Serena should stay no1. But another poster made quite a smart remark about how Serena can expect to be no1 when she only playes like 5 tournaments a year. And he was totally right.
Exactly! Some girls get points by winning the biggest trophies, even though it's quite the only tournaments they play, and some girls might not win majors (yet) but play a lot and go far in many tournaments. You can't seriously think there won't be a tie at some point between this 2 kind of players.
I agree that being #1 means nothing if you don't win a slam some time, but even if you haven't, as long as you achieve results in a lot of smaller tournaments you deserve the points they give you. And if Serena can't bother to play more to build on her GS points, it's not illogical that other girls manage to take the #1 seat.

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #155
country flag JenAnn

JenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
Exactly! Some girls get points by winning the biggest trophies, even though it's quite the only tournaments they play, and some girls might not win majors (yet) but play a lot and go far in many tournaments. You can't seriously think there won't be a tie at some point between this 2 kind of players.
I agree that being #1 means nothing if you don't win a slam some time, but even if you haven't, as long as you achieve results in a lot of smaller tournaments you deserve the points they give you. And if Serena can't bother to play more to build on her GS points, it's not illogical that other girls manage to take the #1 seat.
Serena Williams has withdrawn from Charleston which starts Monday (where she was defending champion). And she will not play Stuttgart (Premier Events) at the end of the month.
She doesn't play enough tournaments to hold the #1 ranking.
JenAnn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #156
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAnn View Post
Serena Williams has withdrawn from Charleston which starts Monday (where she was defending champion). And she will not play Stuttgart (Premier Events) at the end of the month.
She doesn't play enough tournaments to hold the #1 ranking.
That's what we were saying

Old 04-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #157
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

From a recent interview with Dinara's brother ( ):

"Of course I am happy about her, but the more important is for her to realize the meaning of this event. (...) I would like to wish her to remember very well her inner feelings in this moment. Unfortunately, sooner or later one ceases being number one. Those feeling she needs to preserve somewhere deep inside her mind. "
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #158
country flag JenAnn

JenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond repute

I read this on Dinara Message Board (on TennisForum):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatianadove View Post
http://www.championat.ru/tennis/article-31569.html
Tarpi said Dina won't play for FedCup team in this season. "the problem with Dina is that she like Bovina and Cherkasov doesn't feel level of physical activity and can't stop at right moment.she overtrained and didn't feel the ball" said Tarpischev who speaked with Safina recently.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #159
country flag JenAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
From a recent interview with Dinara's brother ( ):

"Of course I am happy about her, but the more important is for her to realize the meaning of this event. (...) I would like to wish her to remember very well her inner feelings in this moment. Unfortunately, sooner or later one ceases being number one. Those feeling she needs to preserve somewhere deep inside her mind. "
- Did you congratulate her already?
- I did of course. Btw, I offered her already few times to celebrate it (smiles)
Old 04-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #160
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAnn View Post
- Did you congratulate her already?
- I did of course. Btw, I offered her already few times to celebrate it (smiles)
I stopped myself from translating this, because some people could claim he only thinks about partying and doesn't give a care about his matches.

Pretty much the same reason I didn't copied the whole interview - it's nothing so new, and he sounds very calm, which could sound "depressing" in English
Old 04-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #161
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the interview? I would like to take a look at the whole thing if possible. Thanks!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:34 PM   #162
country flag AnnieNik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Where is the interview? I would like to take a look at the whole thing if possible. Thanks!
here it is

http://news.sport-express.ru/online/.../nl296353.html
Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #163
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! I did the google translate and got the general gist of it.. Some parts are funny with the translation though! Guess he did the interview over the phone or with a Russian reporter in Monte Carlo. Man I wish he had done the after match interview yesterday... What must he be thinking!!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #164
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Well, they had an english version of his answers, so, for everyone's reading pleasure :

SAFIN SET TO FINISH HIS TENNIS CAREER
Marat Safin confirmed his decision to withdraw from professional tennis at the end of the season.

Following not very successful performance in the series of competitions on hard surfaces Marat Safin returned to clay at the Monte Carlo Masters. In the first round he met with Australia’s Lleyton Hewitt and won in two straight sets 6-4 7-5, however he didn’t pay significant attention to this victory.

"I just better used to the balls and the surface", said Safin to Sport Express. "We shouldn’t make any far-ranging conclusions".

"Lleyton came here twelve hours before the match, while I have been preparing for this competition for two weeks. I also played a match in doubles, so my victory over Hewitt is just a simple victory and nothing more".

"I decided that I would withdraw from professional tennis at the end of the season and I had serious grounds for this decision. I am tired of a life of a sportsman and I want quietness and tranquility".

"Frankly speaking I am little bit tired of playing tennis. I still take part in competitions, but I don’t feel the same energy, which was some time ago. I don’t get the same pleasure from playing tennis, as I got before".

"Though there are several moments, which could change my mind. I can’t say that I play awfully. I play well on the court and I am in perfect physical form, but it would be silly to change my decision after one match or one tournament".

"There is nothing bad in my decision, because I just need to try something new in my life. I gave everything I could to tennis and I don’t have any motivation for continuing my career".

"I will never advance to the top-ten list again . Comparing with the world’s leading players, I am not so strong physically and morally. In any case let’s wait for the end of the season. If something really extraordinary happens this season, maybe I will stay in tennis for one year more".

"I like playing in Monte Carlo Masters. To my mind it’s one of the world’s best tournaments. Look how many supporters come here from France, Italy and other countries".

"My sister Dinara will top the WTA rankings on Monday and I am very happy for her. The most important thing for her is to understand significance of her achievement".

"A title of the world number one is the maximum achievement in tennis. Dinara should understand her new status and get maximum pleasure from it".

"I also would like to wish her to remember her current feelings for a long time. Sooner or later all players step down their thrown, so she needs to keep these emotions with her".
Old 04-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #165
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

hmmmpfff

I can understand he wants to quit, and is tired of playing etc. And if that's what he wants, then
But I'm a bit annoyed that he can still show brilliance and could have won more matches recently than he has, by just believing in his chances a little more... and didn't.