THE GATHERING OF THE SAFINHOLICS Part 9 - Page 233 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2010, 06:43 AM   #3481
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE GATHERING OF THE SAFINHOLICS Part 9

I don't know where to put this, but there was a Q&A with Mitya Tursunov (In Russian) and of course he was asked about Marat

Quote:
- Are you friends with Marat Safin in real life? How often do you communicate now that Marat retired?
Mitya: It's really hard to maintain a friendship with our working schedules, moreover our social circles are very different.
Quote:
- Mitya, for 12 years Marat broke 1055 rackets. What are your results in this field?
Mitya: I broke few rackets in my knee. He is still a child.
Quote:
- What's your educational degree?
Mitya: The lowest. I graduated kinder garden at the age of 3.
All in all very funny, as always, but at times I got the feeling Mitya is very sad in his personal life. He mentions that he has a girlfriend once, and few times says that he meets a lot of jealousy and still misses understanding from the girl. Kind of sad really...

I enjoy reading Dinara's tweets, as well. From her posts in Spanish I gathered she is studying administration. Could a Spanish speaker confirm that? Thanks!

Have a nice, sunny day, everyone
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #3482
country flag Alya_C

Alya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond repute

I always got the feeling Mitya Tursunov has a very dark brooding side which he covers up with being funny and clowning around.

Quote:
I enjoy reading Dinara's tweets, as well. From her posts in Spanish I gathered she is studying administration. Could a Spanish speaker confirm that? Thanks!
Yes, she's studying administration (business management)
Alya_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #3483
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

This was tweeted about half an hour ago, a livestream link to Safin v Chela tonight.

http://www.dportenvivo.com/2010/12/c...streaming.html

Also this: http://www.atdhe.fm/free-live-video-...nts-33555.html
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #3484
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there girls!
I will tell you about my first experience seeing Marat play live! ^_^
I went to the exhibition on Thursday and Saturday with my boyfriend. We got the tickets quite late, plus we were short of money (the tickets are quite expensive) so we got seats on high lines, and in an awkward angle respect the court. But I got to see Marat live!! He was THERE!! I was used to watching him on TV, and now there he was, in the same space that I was!! He moved, waved, run, laughed and played, and all seemed so realistic, because there was no screen in the middle! LMAO I know I sound so stupid, but I guess you all felt the same the 1st time you saw him live

He came out to the court first and I clapped my hands and made my best fangirl scream. The lady next to me jumped in her chair as she turned back to watch me You had to see the happiness in my face!!
Then the match started and I tried to take some pics but, far as I was, with my crappy camera, I could not make much. I think they're not even worth posting here; however, I will post them on twitter as soon as I can. I don't mind if they're awful because I took them! and that means I was there!! aaaaah!!

I loved seeing Marat so relaxed and making comments and jokes as he played, in Spanish. The crowd laughed at this. He spoke to Nalbandian, and they chatted a bit while speaking. Some of the things I remember:

(Marat misses a shot)
Marat: No, no, no, no, no! (This is typical Marat, I know, but in my mother language it was priceless. It added to the feeling of having him so close).

(Nalbandian serves and Marat returns the ball and sends it out)
Marat: Don't throw it so strong!!
Crowd: (laughter)

(Marat misses shot; the crowd cheers; Marat complains laughing)
Nalbandian: Well, you play as a visitor here (joking, laughing)
(Marat laughs and wins the next shot beautifully; the crowd cheers real loud)

(Marat serves)
Lineman: Out!
Marat: You sure?

What I loved was seeing him really enjoy the game, joking, smiling, really having fun!! I saw him happy and that was the best!
When the match finished I run to the corridor where he was going to go out and elbowed my way to get a place in the small fence. We waited for a long time; my arms were almost totally numb. When Marat finally appeared, he took some time still inside the court to sign some autographs. I was waiting for him, but suddenly Nalbandian appeared and went out, and the fans near me stopped him for autographs. I didn't want because I already got his autograph (he signed my booklet on Thursday). All of a sudden Marat came out and passed straight past me and started signing some meters away; we called him but he didn't come back. He signed quite a lot of autographs in that place, and it was just a couple of meters away! but it was impossible to get there, it was too crowded. Finally he left.
So in the end I did not get his autograph. During the next match I wanted to cry, and I did drop a few tears. But then I remembered the excitement of seeing him there, and listening to him speaking my own language, laughing, saying "ay!" when he missed a shot, all that was priceless enough! I got to see him live and I must be thankful for that. I know it's probable that I never get to see him again, but I did...and I'm so happy for it!
So this was it! Thanks for reading!!
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #3485
country flag sunny777

sunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond reputesunny777 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks very much
sunny777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:21 AM   #3486
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileithel View Post
Hi there girls!
I will tell you about my first experience seeing Marat play live! ^_^
But I got to see Marat live!! He was THERE!! ..... I know I sound so stupid, but I guess you all felt the same the 1st time you saw him live

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! I am very glad you got to see Marat live, it is unforgettable experience It doesn't sounds stupid at all! It is a dream come true and at times feel surrealistic. I hope you will meet him again and get an autograph

Alya, thanks for the translation, dear

have a great day, everyone
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #3487
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileithel View Post
Hi there girls! I will tell you about my first experience seeing Marat play live! ... I know it's probable that I never get to see him again, but I did...and I'm so happy for it!
Sileithel, thanks so much for sharing. So pleased for you that you got to see him in person and in good spirits during the match. Marat will surely be back in Buenos Aires at some point - to escape winter in the northern hemisphere? - so you might see him again. I doubt he'd ever come to London in December to play the Aegon Masters ...
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #3488
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! I am very glad you got to see Marat live, it is unforgettable experience It doesn't sounds stupid at all! It is a dream come true and at times feel surrealistic. I hope you will meet him again and get an autograph
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
Sileithel, thanks so much for sharing. So pleased for you that you got to see him in person and in good spirits during the match. Marat will surely be back in Buenos Aires at some point - to escape winter in the northern hemisphere? - so you might see him again. I doubt he'd ever come to London in December to play the Aegon Masters ...
Thank you so much for your understanding and good wishes! Yes, I am happy that Marat seems to like my country, so I have some opportunity to see him again.
I don't know which is the Aegon Masters (you see I know very little about tennis) but in one of the videos we watched these days (the one by ESPN I think) he said that he plays a few exhos each year in order to keep fit, so we never know which one will he play in, right?
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #3489
country flag monkey247

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Old 12-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #3490
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

merry christmas safinettes!

today on a random sport channel was a marat match couldn't belive my eyes it was a match at the madrid masters. so random but it was a nice thing for the christmas eve
so i wish u all nice things for this days!

I would love to see that!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #3491
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year, too! Enjoy yourselves!

P.S.: the dancing christmas present is truly awesome!
rica87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #3492
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas Everyone Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #3493
country flag monkey247

Livestream for Safin v Nalbandian, due to start after Gaudio/Bellucci wraps up. Scoreline's a bit blurry, but I think it's currently 7-5 5-4 to Bellucci.

http://es-es.justin.tv/bluetv_03#/w/697794512/3

via Twitter: http://twitter.com/FueBuena/status/19547632183549952
Old 12-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #3494
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! it's playing for me here in Melbourne - the cricket just went for lunch Australia having finally managed to bowl England out - (England lead by 415 runs) and Marat just failed to break Nalby in the third game of the first set - having been 0-40 up....his brain and most of his body is still lounging by the sea...;-)
Old 12-28-2010, 12:37 AM   #3495
country flag monkey247

inez, it's all cricket to me. (meaning, I don't understand any of it, never have, never will!)

but what is this? Marat has broken back?