THE GATHERING OF THE SAFINHOLICS Part 9 - Page 181 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #2701
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE GATHERING OF THE SAFINHOLICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
Must take a moment to here. Some people still live in the middle-ages appearantly.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #2702
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls View Post
just saw the news that Roger will become a Daddy soon

... but I had to laugh at the article ... in one line they say "The second-ranked Swiss tennis player says on his website that girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec is pregnant with the couple's first child." ... and then they say "He also says his injured back is 'feeling better'." surely the two things are unrelated, or are they??!!?! ... Roger, you ol' dog you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratsmaiden View Post
Awww, so happy for Roger and Mirka. I guess that will answer the 'gay' questions out there. I never bought it (nor cared), but, some people certainly did. I hope he does put a ring on that girls' finger though, I have to admit. They are such a cute couple
lol, yeah cuz it's a well-known fact that gay guys don't get married or have kids to hide the fact they're gay

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #2703
country flag Lossi

Lossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls View Post
just saw the news that Roger will become a Daddy soon

... but I had to laugh at the article ... in one line they say "The second-ranked Swiss tennis player says on his website that girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec is pregnant with the couple's first child." ... and then they say "He also says his injured back is 'feeling better'." surely the two things are unrelated, or are they??!!?! ... Roger, you ol' dog you!
Pam, that was a mental image I didn't need Find a lawyer, I'm suing for mental distress.

Still...awwwwwwwwwww, baby

Where's Aleka with the Scrubs quote?

kirkicica: Where is the turn on button on Nole?
Mila:
Jess: I know where!
Jess:
kirkicica: Would someone click it please?
Jess: Oh gladly.
kirkicica: Not THAT one.
Lossi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #2704
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

photos on FB
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #2705
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
photos on FB
Awesome Sea world, and panda, and sleeping kowawa
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #2706
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People actually watch that show?

To me it always seemed like a more nerdy/highschool version of Grey's Anatomy. Ofcourse Scrubs existed before GA ever came on, but that's not the point here.
It is. But it's okay-ish when it's late and night and nothing else is on.

I just went to the pharmacist and the guy was useless.
I spent like an hour yesterday destroying the polystyrene which was protecting my oven and laundry machine when they got delivered (cuz it finally happened! ). Why? because there's no bin for polystyrene in my building and I would have had to take it to the nearest civic amenity site, but as I don't have a car I would have had to go there several times

So instead I chose to break the polystyrene with my hands and put the small pieces in bin bags. But there was a lot of it, and it was solid, and it was a pain in the arse (It'd have been quicer and less painful to walk to the civic amenity site I think ). And as it was really tough, I hurt myself. But didn't notice since i kept my hands busy all day (had to try the oven, no? i made lasagna and a chocolate cake ).

Anyway, last night my hands could finally get some rest, and they became swollen, and painful, and today you can see all my veins and all my fingers hurt

So I went to the pharmacy, described the problem and was hoping for some oitment or something to rub on the my hands, but he gave me... ibuprofene pills. Like I needed him to think of this.

And think that for once I actually asked for a piece of advice instead of taking pills or any random ointment by myself. Pfff

Old 03-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #2707
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
for the painful hands

Nevertheless (before you blame the pharmacist ), i would've probably done the same. It's probably some kind of inflammatory reaction which Ibuprofene is good for. I might have added some kind of steroid cream or an anti-histaminic though for releaving the direct symptoms (swelling, redness, itch maybe).
That's exactly what I wanted. I mean, i'm ok with the anti-inflammatory but i would have taken it anyway. What I wanted was a cream or a gel because my fingers are tensed and the more I move the more they get swollen again. So that's why instead of just doing nothing (which I often do ) I asked for help.

For now i'll just try not to use the stapler (never noticed it requires so much strength )

Old 03-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #2708
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Ouchie

Maybe you could go to another pharmacy and just buy some non-prescription steroid cream (Pannocort, Cremicort, Cortril, basically anything that has hydrocortisone in it, one of the 'light' corticosteroids. Antihistaminics (something like Zyrtec) is prescription free as well.
yeah I'll try to stop by the one near my place if it's still open when I go home.

Quote:
26 shiny lurkers
eh, not bad for a semi-retired man

There's a friend of mine who's getting married at the end of April. Which leaves me one month to buy clothes and shoes. I don't know where to go shopping, and most important: I don't know what to buy. Because it won't be summer yet, but it won't be winter anymore. I'd like something cool enough if it's sunny, but warm enough if it's windy or if it rains. Easy, huh? any idea?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #2709
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
yeah I'll try to stop by the one near my place if it's still open when I go home.

eh, not bad for a semi-retired man

There's a friend of mine who's getting married at the end of April. Which leaves me one month to buy clothes and shoes. I don't know where to go shopping, and most important: I don't know what to buy. Because it won't be summer yet, but it won't be winter anymore. I'd like something cool enough if it's sunny, but warm enough if it's windy or if it rains. Easy, huh? any idea?
I would suggest getting a dress and wrapping some kind of pashmina/shall around you (there are so many colors you will easily be able to find something to match - and you should also be able to use it often going forward!) so that you are prepared for either climate, and going closed toe on the shoe

Sorry, fashion is a bit of a habit of mine, as many friends ask me to help them with their shopping, and I spend about 3/4 my income on clothes/shoes
Old 03-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #2710
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratsmaiden View Post
I would suggest getting a dress and wrapping some kind of pashmina/shall around you (there are so many colors you will easily be able to find something to match - and you should also be able to use it often going forward!) so that you are prepared for either climate, and going closed toe on the shoe

Sorry, fashion is a bit of a habit of mine, as many friends ask me to help them with their shopping, and I spend about 3/4 my income on clothes/shoes
wow
i like the idea of the pashmina thanks

Old 03-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #2711
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Since i had just had lunch and someone on the WTA forum ruined it with this, I thought I'd share.
Bon appétit

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tra...cle3552377.ece

Old 03-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #2712
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

ooh. that's so weird that you declare it yourself back home we have people who check the meters every other month. here, I don't pay for water and stuff so it doesn't matter maybe most people in your building don't cook
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #2713
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
I just had to go online and register the amount of gas, water & electricity I used in the past year.
Water & electricity were fine, but I had to type the new amount of gas in twice because the online application thingy said it was out of the expected range. WTF?

I mean, it's the first time living on my own so I don't really have a clue about what's realistic and what not, but I hope I don't have to pay a huge amount extra.
scary

I have no gas in my flat, it's all electricity. I'm trying to be cautious, turning off the lights when I leave a room, turning off the heating as well during daytime, etc. I hope i won't have a bad surprise next year when they'll compare what I've paid all year and what I really used.

And so water was fine? water scares me more than electricity

Old 03-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #2714
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
I really don't have a clue. When I moved in they set up a monthly bill that's standard for my situation (flat, one inhabitant) so I don't really have a clue if what I'm paying now is sufficient in comparison to what I've actually used.
Anyway, I'm sure that the bill that's coming my way will clear things up
yeah same here. But the amount for each month is high enough IMO , so I'm scared it could get worse after the year is over and they check.

And, I think the Radwanskas are sisters

Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #2715
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Mooorning, dears

Steppy, how are your hands? Any better?

The bills talk scares me The *censored* government that we have increased the heating insanely over the past years, and now as pre-election move decided to lower the price starting April 1 st They might as well do that in July

On another note yesterday, while I was waiting for Marat's match, decided to watch "Keith". I expected lalala high school love story. Boy, was I wrong... I was crying even during Marat's first games. Not that his game comfort me, anyway. It's a good movie by the way.

Have a great day
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote