News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 302 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #4516
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellej View Post
I know what rep. by pop. is, but this is what we need to know.
well, we knew it the day he was listed #3 on the ruling party list in Nizhniy.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #4517
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

so marat is officialy a politician...congrats to him if this is what he truly wants.

I would love to see that!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #4518
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #4519
country flag michellej

michellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soozka View Post
It is not, however the question which you asked, michellej.

You were querying mer's assertion that the voting in the Duma elections was for parties rather than for individuals and that the system used included a spill-over of votes down the party list of candidates in the ballot. You asked for evidence of these comments of mer's. I tried to help you with that.

Despite my many years studying (and being involved in) politics, I have no idea what "rep. by pop" is. It is certainly not proportional representation.
rep. by pop. is a short form for representaion by population...

I was asking for an article that confirmed that Mararat had indeed been elected. We have that, he got in and that's good.
michellej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #4520
country flag Soozka

Soozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellej View Post
rep. by pop. is a short form for representaion by population...

I was asking for an article that confirmed that Mararat had indeed been elected. We have that, he got in and that's good.
If that was what you were asking for, then it wasn't apparent from your post - neither in what you you said nor in its contextual positioning.

Oh - "representation by population" - you mean that the areas from which representatives are elected contain roughly equivalent numbers of voters instead of being based on areas without regard to whether or not there are roughly equivalent numbers of voters in the various areas.

That may well be so. But it does not distinguish the electoral system that it is used - whether it is voting for individuals or parties (or lists of candidates).

It is not the same thing as proportional representation - at all.

And, given that Marat was third on the party list for United Russia in the area in which he was standing in a system of proportional representation, there would have had to be a catastrophic falling off of votes for United Russia for him to have not got sufficient quotas to have been elected.

Once it was apparent that United Russia had got nearly 50% of the over-all vote and close on 45% of votes in the Nizhny Novgorod region (reported widely as preliminary results on 5 December 2011 ) then it was obvious that Marat had been elected.

Which is how come the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) Champions Tour could report that Marat had been elected (which you posted at #4591) prior to the Russian Central Election Commission formally announcing the final results.

Last edited by Soozka : 12-09-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Soozka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #4521
country flag killer bee
Banned!

killer bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond reputekiller bee has a reputation beyond repute

confirming Marat entry into duma as disputy,

http://www.duma.gov.ru/structure/deputies/131177/
killer bee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #4522
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who finds this pretty dissappointing of him or have I not read enough posts in this thread?

I find his interview above pretty funny...how he chose not to do commercials but rather to join Putin's party, which basicly more or less granted him a place in the parliament; and now poor him he has to go every day to the office. I hope he does realize that going daily to the office is what most people do and don't boast about it. I also hope he realizes that he did not join a minor, revolutionary party and earned a place in the parliament for his extraordinary vision....

I know I am trolling (a bit), but felt I had the right to say this since I've been his fan for (too many!) years
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #4523
country flag tenisval

tenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond reputetenisval has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Marat ir a toy and only following orders from other people. He does not like politics, is bored. And I do not get to be 5 years as a political.He is only a part of Putin's strategy to win over people. Berlusconi already made ​​some years ago.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #4524
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad many people in Russia are so courageous they spend these days in the cold outside in demonstrations against Poutine. Kudos to them. :whorship:

Old 12-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #4525
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
I'm glad many people in Russia are so courageous they spend these days in the cold outside in demonstrations against Poutine. Kudos to them. :whorship:
lol. seriously lol
Old 12-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #4526
country flag luxsword

50 000 is few proportionnaly, ofc, but it's still many people and they are courageous.
Anyway, i mostly wrote that cause it sickened me to read such brainless fan stuff.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #4527
country flag helen10

helen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
50 000 is few proportionnaly, ofc, but it's still many people and they are courageous.
Anyway, i mostly wrote that cause it sickened me to read such brainless fan stuff.
Good for you - I could not agree with you more... those demonstrators were indeed courageous.
helen10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #4528
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
Good for you - I could not agree with you more... those demonstrators were indeed courageous.
no offence but this sounds a bit ridiculous. As much as I support the course there is nothing particularly courageous about latest big demonstrations. Authorities have given greenlight, it's not really that cold now, so people coming are in no danger at all. It's more like a fashionable mainstream now among intelligent but unfortunately minor group of people compared to general population.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #4529
country flag luxsword

At least they do speak out.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #4530
country flag Alya_C

Alya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond repute

Just for your information, Marat has now joined Twitter
Dinara herself announced it on her twitter.

www.twitter.com/#!/safin_marat1

Enjoy before he get's bored and closes the account LMAO!
Alya_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote