News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #31
country flag Mrs Tommy Haas

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat news and articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
i suppose so, but isn't amit naor running the tournament or sth ? and he's on marat's team, so
yeah, but you know what sponsors can be like... marat's a big magnet.
Mrs Tommy Haas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #32
country flag Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tommy Haas View Post
It is very uncommon for all group members to make it to the actual summit. sometimes none of the members makes it to the summit. it's called a successful expedition if one single member makes it up there.
While this is all true, I think it's safe to assume Marat didn't cancel the rest of his season to guard luggage at the base camp. It's obvious he's gonna climb it. How far he'll make it, we'll see. Maybe he won't reach the top, maybe he will. But I don't think he's there to shop for souvenirs for 40 days

That being said, please let's not go overboard with the freaking out. Yes, it's really dangerous, he obviously just "hitched a ride" with this expedition, which was planned already and would have gone up with or without him. BUT, again. Those are experienced people and they would not have taken him if they thought he wasn't up to it. Also, nobody said he HAS to climb it all, he can climb how much he likes or feels he can. And let's take comfort in the fact that he is more fit than the average person (probably even more that the ppl he is with, judging by the pics) and that will be an advantage.

Everything is said and done now, we can just wish him well, hope he comes back safe and gets whatever it is he wants from this trip.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #33
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

isn't there a part on a yak, btw ? *ponders the fate of the poor animal who'll carry marat's 2 meters*

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #34

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
isn't there a part on a yak, btw ? *ponders the fate of the poor animal who'll carry marat's 2 meters*
yaks carry the rackets... err... luggage. not the guys (but who knows the way marat's already hanging about...)
Old 09-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #35
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why don't you inform yourself? It is very uncommon for all group members to make it to the actual summit. sometimes none of the members makes it to the summit. it's called a successful expedition if one single member makes it up there. again, i think many people here have no understanding of the alpine sport, that's ok, but don't ridicule people when they are right about that sport. it's as if somebody said "professional tennis players always get their first serve in"
Because you're informing us well enough digging up all you can find on the web
You know about my understanding of the alpine sport? Excuse me, have we been to school or summer camp together? I can't remember Talking about people who think they know better ...

I was just stating that I doubt he'd miss one month and a half of tournaments to go on an expedition if his idea was to take part in only half of it. Whether he'll actually go to the top is another question, because things can change with time, but when he planned the whole thing do you believe he thought "oh ok, i'll skip the rest of the tennis season and go climb mountains, but for 20 days in the middle i'll just chill"? :retard:

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
Because you're informing us well enough digging up all you can find on the web
You know about my understanding of the alpine sport? Excuse me, have we been to school or summer camp together? I can't remember Talking about people who think they know better ...

I was just stating that I doubt he'd miss one month and a half of tournaments to go on an expedition if his idea was to take part in only half of it. Whether he'll actually go to the top is another question, because things can change with time, but when he planned the whole thing do you believe he thought "oh ok, i'll skip the rest of the tennis season and go climb mountains, but for 20 days in the middle i'll just chill"? :retard:
i don't think chilling is that easy in a small tent in the snow at one of the upper camps. or indeed it's very easy literally.

also, quite obviously, he doesn't only skip tennis for this trip, but he must hate tennis so much at the moment, that he needs this trip.

He'd most likely have missed the rest of the season if he'd chosen to simply hang out in moscow.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #37
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

let's just go to bed, shall we ?

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #38

To BED??? NEVER!!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #39
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieS View Post
That's quite the spirited essay there inez...
That's an interesting perspective. So we as fans owe Marat unconditional support and admiration and he doesn't owe us anything? Oooooooook.
There are different levels of fandom. I haven't reached the delusional-will-support-any-insane-enterprise-he-undertakes level yet, but I'll let you know when I get there .
Bottom line is, he's a public figure. He's obligated to his sponsors, his sport, his fans, to at least show up to the things he has committed to. If he doesn't like it, that's TOUGH SHIT because he wouldn't be the multi-millionaire he is today without that sport. Doing this is irresponsible and me being a fan in no way bars me from saying this. I'm not denying him his right to make the decisions he wants to make, but just because he has the right to make them doesn't mean I can't point out how ridiculous they are in MY opinion.
And yes yes, I've heard ALL about his multi-dimensionality...Somewhere deep inside him there lies a dead poet that he needs to get in touch with every few years ...I wish I could buy into this every time, but to me it's over-romanticizing and lazy reporting all in one wonderful package, and frankly I am tired of hearing about it ...

steph, if I wanna whine, I'll whine all I want . I can't do this anywhere else .
Some sportsmen have agreements in their sponsor contracts forbidding them to do dangerous activities. If Adidas knew about this and said nothing it must be that's it ok or they didn't know, and they might catch him later for that we'll see

whine all you want Mawie... it still won't change the fact that he's there and didn't ask for you permission sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams View Post
While this is all true, I think it's safe to assume Marat didn't cancel the rest of his season to guard luggage at the base camp. It's obvious he's gonna climb it. How far he'll make it, we'll see. Maybe he won't reach the top, maybe he will. But I don't think he's there to shop for souvenirs for 40 days

That being said, please let's not go overboard with the freaking out. Yes, it's really dangerous, he obviously just "hitched a ride" with this expedition, which was planned already and would have gone up with or without him. BUT, again. Those are experienced people and they would not have taken him if they thought he wasn't up to it. Also, nobody said he HAS to climb it all, he can climb how much he likes or feels he can. And let's take comfort in the fact that he is more fit than the average person (probably even more that the ppl he is with, judging by the pics) and that will be an advantage.

Everything is said and done now, we can just wish him well, hope he comes back safe and gets whatever it is he wants from this trip.
Exactly

Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #40
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
i don't think chilling is that easy in a small tent in the snow at one of the upper camps. or indeed it's very easy literally.

also, quite obviously, he doesn't only skip tennis for this trip, but he must hate tennis so much at the moment, that he needs this trip.

He'd most likely have missed the rest of the season if he'd chosen to simply hang out in moscow.
oh you know what I mean He didn't go there to stay left behind half the time

Quote:
let's just go to bed, shall we ?
Have to wake up in 5 hours so I'm definitely going. Goodnight

Old 09-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #41
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles - Satin au Tibet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
Was this even leisure though. I thought it was a journey of self-discovery!

okok...I'll take vassiej's lead and shut up too
I don't think he has to answer about his self-discovery or whatever you call it to his fans... he has to answer more like to himself (and his family & closest friends )
Vass & Penguin! I better shut up now too.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:22 AM   #42
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MUSHY! midautumn fest! NEXT TUESDAY!

marat won't be able to look upon the midautumn moon from the mountaintop
... send me that story, lah

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:29 AM   #43
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls View Post
... send me that story, lah
now to hear you say it without sounding like a total ang moh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midautumn_festival

maybe marat will join the moon expedition next
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #44
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles - Bye Bye Master Yeti

not earth shattering, but ... from 7 summits site ... (thanks to an online translator )

MARAT SAFIN goes ON CUP DAVIS.... Having made 2 successful ascentions in the Himalayas, Marat Safin has accepted not easy, but the correct decision to return to Moscow and to support a combined team of Russia on Cup Davis.

"It was surprising travel to Tibet. I have perfectly had a rest, was restored, has gained strength also confidence and is ready to new victories over court" - have told Marat saying goodbye with a command of climbers "7 Summits Club" which tomorrow is going to make transition in the Advanced Base camp on height 5700m.

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 AM   #45
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and articles - Bye Bye Master Yeti

Quote:
Or maybe he'll just stick to fishing