News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 296 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #4426
country flag little_masha

little_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
None of the information and opinion and research I refer to came from "my' government - LOL - I doubt there are many people living in a modern western democracy that believe a single word their government 'tells' them ....that seems to be a curiously eastern european thing....maybe because they have very little choice when all their media is controlled by their governments....
Inez, please: like I said, my comment was not meant to be insulting, nor was it a direct reference to you (or anyone else on this forum, some of use are actually quite polite in Eastern/Central Europe), it was a mere generalization.

Which is actually based on my personal observation, as a Central Europe citizen who travels quite a lot and meets Westerners galore: there are, indeed, many who couldn't point Ukraine or Romania or Poland or even Moscow on the map, but who are curiously oppinionated when it comes to democracy or economics or human rights etc. in such places.

And I'm afraid that most of the times their oppinions do not derive from an objective source of information or at least personal experience.

I'm not going to say it's perfect here, but it's not a place populated by savage imbeciles, dressed in tracksuits and wearing massive gold chains, trafficking women and children towards the West for a living, all while quietly obeing corrupt governments (because, of course, we have limited access to sound informational chanels and entirely lack any discernment) either.

However, this is truly off-topic

Let's get back to Mr. Safin...
little_masha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #4427
country flag Roseisarose

Roseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond reputeRoseisarose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
d) If he wants to achieve his goals as VP of tennis federation (and P in the future) he HAS to join this party. This is modern russia reality and we all have to deal with it, no matter how sad this fact makes me personally.
You are right. And it makes me sad too. But I insist that someone in his privileged position always has a choice, no matter how ambitious he may be. My reaction with Marat joining the party has mainly to do with surprise, not dismay. He's had such an international background, so I have a hard time understanding his decision. That's why I've been trying to analyze it. Of course I can't know what he's really thinking, unless he gives an interview about it.

Anyway, for those who feel like posters like me are attacking Russia unfairly, first of all, I'm sorry if I deeply offended someone. It's only an opinion, but I own it. I do have a pretty good picture of life in Russia. I've spent a bit of time in Moscow, I've gotten to know many Russians over the years through school and work, and being a Russophile in terms of the arts and humanities, I try to stay informed about the news over there. I even lived in a communist, Eastern European country as a child, and while it wasn't Russia, I have a decent understanding of the changes, both positive and negative in nature, that have occurred over the years in that region.

I am informed enough to have formed a deeply critical opinion of the dominant Russian government. If I were Russian, I would begrudgingly accept its reign, for good and bad, like most Russians do, but I certainly wouldn't want to be an active part of it; especially if, like Marat, I had the money and connections to do business elsewhere (still in Russia or wherever, perhaps even schmoozing with political figures when necessary, but acting as an independent agent).
Roseisarose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #4428
country flag maratmann
Banned!

maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann

i note the volumiminous comments : It would be grossly unfair to insinuate that the political system of russia is largely corrupt and / or corruptible. Look over your gleaming shoulders and tell me whcih country in western europe is infallible and superior when it comes to norms of political life. Every country east of Russia reeks of corruption: does it not measure up that there are no veritable standards by which one could gauge and compare what happens in Russia now as if it is only inRussia where political corruption is rife.? Politics remains the domain of how well a country prepares and conditions a culture to accept whatever norms of political life it chooses. Let it not be forgotten that the precints of New York or the debacle of Chicagos culture of political life goes far beyong this decade well into the 1930s , : how the police and politicians form cartels of
corruption with streets upon streets ruled by the Mob and politicians there to this day perpetuate the scourge . In France does it not boggle the mind that viciousness betwwen major politiciand is the norm. The low down Sarkossky accusing
his nemesis that he had used gangster life mechanisms to win the candidacy , Or
Berlescusson seething with his juices to corrupt Ruby with gifts so that he could have his legs greased with grease. Pardon the expression. Or that George Bush Junior won his first presidency by lies and installed himself by surruptitious means
Stop the nonsense if i may put in my 10 cents worth. Take a mirror and look carefully. For those of you - and i am speaking in very general terms - who are wont to paint a bad picture of Russian political norms and practises , pls look
over the subject with more amplitude

It is refreshing to see Marat Safin with his idealism and his impatience to get things done by pragmatism and not as a half witted idealougue where objectivism often lacks a foothold over reason . He is principled but if
principles are at stake he will marshall all his wits and he is indeed witty to no end as most of you would appreciate - and discover some way out of any mess
whatever his motives i am sure they are as pure as ever. Charming he is and he would charm the old mangled minds to find ways that are decent and approprite
Would not Russia look up to him with awesome wonder . They would ,belive me and he would get things done his merry way

Last edited by maratmann : 06-26-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling
maratmann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #4429
country flag mikomonstr

mikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.
mikomonstr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #4430
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratmann View Post
whatever his motives i am sure they are as pure as ever. Charming he is and he would charm the old mangled minds to find ways that are decent and approprite
Would not Russia look up to him with awesome wonder . They would ,belive me and he would get things done his merry way
.....LOLZ.... ....and may I add, hopefully not too gratuitously, and with the purest of motives...that MArat will succeed even beyond your wildest dreams if he starts wearing his CK underpants OVER his suit pants?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 AM   #4431
country flag little_masha

little_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond repute

Girls, girls, let's reply each other cordially and keep this place peaceful

We know Marat would want us to!
little_masha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #4432
country flag nellybin28

nellybin28 is on a distinguished road

Please can a russian speaker make a translation for the sharp magazine ?Thank you
nellybin28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #4433
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stzenit View Post
64% of Russians think Putin has had a positive influence on democracy and human rights, while only 3% think it was ‘very negative.
What do I care about what whatever percents of people think ? They can be all wrong, even with a number next to % to make that line look more serious.
As for a positive influence on democracy and human rights, you must be joking...
Yeah, that's it, sth got lost in translation and I missed the irony.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #4434
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, what makes Marat a politician ? (Yes, he wins polls here ) but we're talking real life, knowing economics, laws, etc of his coutry. What does he know about it ? When did he learn about it ? Did he even ever took part into the ATp players council or sth like that ? (i'm asking)
What sort of credibility has he got ?
His fame might be enough to get him elected and he might be pure and sincere, but good intentions are not enough...

Last edited by luxsword : 06-29-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #4435
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

luxsword
you seem to forget that we talk about politics in Russia. What you said makes sense in other countries, but it's irrelevant here.
btw his fame will have nothing to do with him being elected, well, not directly, as people will vote for the party, not for him personally.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #4436
country flag mikomonstr

mikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond repute

An itty bitty blip about Marat, from @Sport.Ru, link here http://www.sport.ru/ru/news/20110628...article172457/. Seems the man is minding his P's and Q's and staying out of the public eye for the moment...Not too many sightings at all. It is just like him to drop a bombshell then duck. Keeps us on our toes.
mikomonstr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #4437
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikomonstr View Post
An itty bitty blip about Marat, from @Sport.Ru, link here http://www.sport.ru/ru/news/20110628...article172457/. Seems the man is minding his P's and Q's and staying out of the public eye for the moment...Not too many sightings at all. It is just like him to drop a bombshell then duck. Keeps us on our toes.
That's a post on his column on championat.ru here
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #4438
country flag stzenit

stzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
What do I care about what whatever percents of people think ? They can be all wrong, even with a number next to % to make that line look more serious.
As for a positive influence on democracy and human rights, you must be joking...
Yeah, that's it, sth got lost in translation and I missed the irony.
Ok you must know better than Russians living in Russia

This is off topic anyway not going to bother trying to change your narrow minded view.

Marat Safin Matches Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaratSafinVideos2
stzenit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #4439
country flag stzenit

stzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
That's a post on his column on championat.ru here
Thanks

Marat Safin Matches Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaratSafinVideos2
stzenit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #4440
country flag luxsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by stzenit View Post
Ok you must know better than Russians living in Russia

This is off topic anyway not going to bother trying to change your narrow minded view.
talk about "narrow", how "broad" is it to brandish a percentage to try and make us believe bs ?