News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 217 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #3241
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb View Post
I wonder if my Big Pixie would offer to take me up a mountain in Patagonia? I'd be happy if he did ... and left me there. I'd enjoy the company of the penguins. They're probably the most sane individuals I could come across at the moment.

Can you tell I have had a crap couple of days at work?

Big Yin, I expect endless photos of you with penguins on top of a mountain. Nothing raunchy, no feather ruffling, LMAO, just some innocent fun ... I've got a couple of blondes on ice for you when you get back as payment in kind. And wear tartan in the pics!!! It's not just me that's asking for this now! You must become an honorary Scot! I'll slap you on the back of the thighs with a smoked kipper as part of the initiation ceremony. It'll be braw ... the penguins will be SO impressed.

FG

PS Contrary to popular belief, I WAS very glad to see Kolya win the Masters. Even if he beat Maestro en-route ... 13th time lucky. He deserved it. Very good solid play ... and by gawd, he volleyed ... Big Yin, how many times did I nag ... and you ignored ... muppet.

Been a while since I called hiim that.
penguin = me???

PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #3242
country flag maryb

maryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond repute

Penny, I said 'no feather ruffling, all innocent fun'. That's you gubbed then, as we say in Scotland ... It's our little feathered friends who will score atop a mountain. Sums up our luck all round really when you think about it. I'm sure he'll give them a cuddle ... and then they'll chew his knees off. LMAO. I can't wait to see the pics of this latest expedition. Hopefully pics of my Big Pixie and Amit with a couple of penguins ... and a degree of tartan involved. Santa will have treated me well then.

I do not ask for much in life, the simple pleasures are always the best. LMAO.

You can assist with the slapping on the back of the thighs if you would like ... I need an able assistant.

FG
maryb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #3243
country flag maryb

maryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrfecta View Post
Still no news on Marat?
So we sit and wait another day and twiddle our thumbs.
Maybe I will start knitting him a scarf to wear in Patagonia to keep his little neck warm,perhaps bright yellow so he will be noticed in case he gets lost,we would not like to lose him ,although I feel we have half lost him already.
Knit him something in tartan! Preferably a Black Watch pattern. We'll get an address for forwarding! LMAO.

FG

PS He's got a big neck. Buy 10 balls of wool.

Last edited by maryb : 12-02-2009 at 08:53 PM.
maryb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #3244
country flag Purrfecta

Purrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond reputePurrfecta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb View Post
Knit him something in tartan! Preferably a Black Watch pattern. We'll get an address for forwarding! LMAO.

FG

PS He's got a big neck. Buy 10 balls of wool.
Think I will buy 25 balls of wool just to be on the safe side,then he can wrap it around his neck 3 times and hopefully it will reach the ground and keep his feet warm.He will blend in with the wild life and be a little tartan woolly llama.
Purrfecta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #3245
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Mama Rausa who has just been inducted into Russia’s Tennis Hall of Fame! I hope we don't have to wait until Marat is his mum's age before his turn comes! Natasha Zvereva (b. 1971) was also inducted, so maybe we won’t.

http://www.gotennis.ru/news/?p=32225

Also here: http://www.championat.ru/tennis/article-44889.html

Google translation http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=ru&tl=en

Quote:
In the nomination "Coach", which appeared only in the last year, was awarded Rausa Islanova, has trained two of the first rackets of the world, her children - Marat and Dinara Safina. According to presenter Anna Dmitrieva, Rausa at this time is with her daughter as it prepares for the new season, so come in the studio could not - "This is the percentage of the trainer - unfortunately or fortunately - is always nearby, without detracting from the process for a second." But Anastasia Myskina, also an apprentice Islanova, promised to give her a prize in the near future in person.
http://www.gazeta.ru/news/sport/2009..._1433425.shtml
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #3246
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Monkey - cute picture! Wish we could get some news about Marat!!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #3247
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

nicely done
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #3248
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else suffering Safin-withdrawal symptoms???
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #3249
country flag taram

taram is on a distinguished road

i do ,and badly~~~i miss him soooooooooo much
taram is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #3250
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

I think is mental because in this time of the year Marat was in holiday and out of sight... so is not unusual not to see him now. Next year will be a different story when I will see the draw table and Marat will not be there. And I also apreciate that he's alive and healthy and happy walking somewhere on the globe and I still have a chance to see a glimpse of him once in a blue moon and maybe see him play an exo so is not that tragic.

I would love to see that!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #3251
country flag jdenelle

jdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond reputejdenelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileithel View Post
Anyone else suffering Safin-withdrawal symptoms???
me
jdenelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #3252
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosespower View Post
I think is mental because in this time of the year Marat was in holiday and out of sight... so is not unusual not to see him now. Next year will be a different story when I will see the draw table and Marat will not be there. And I also apreciate that he's alive and healthy and happy walking somewhere on the globe and I still have a chance to see a glimpse of him once in a blue moon and maybe see him play an exo so is not that tragic.
Yes, you're so right...I have to overcome my selfishness and understand that he'll be out of my sight but happier anyway...so I'll just be happy for him
God bless this man who has given so many wonderful moments to us, who has showed us his brilliant nature...

Oh, I'm getting emotional I guess
Old 12-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #3253
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

A very interesting interview on Championat.ru - Google translation - with Tarpi and Peter Lidov, head of the Federation Medical Commission, about the program in Russia to determine, through genetic analysis, the aptitude of children for certain sports, as well as their long-term health prospects.

Bits about Kolya and Marat:

Quote:
CHAMPIONAT: That's about Nikolay Davydenko tennis experts had said that he had no skills and data. Due to what he plays? And he took, and won the final tournament in London, having Federer!

LIDOV: About the genotype Davydenko, frankly, I do not know anything, so I can not say anything.

CHAMPIONAT: So after all, how do you find tennis among other children?

LIDOV: We attribute them to the gene of the middle peasants - distance runner. This is the best tennis genotype. This is in physics. With regard to the genes of motivation - they are under investigation. But some of use have appeared. For example, there is a category of people who do physical exercises cause surge of happiness. They can easily catch the courage, physical exercise for these people is something fantastically beautiful, and they can not live without it. These people only 10 percent, and our task - to find them.

CHAMPIONAT: Probably, Marat Safin, sooner completed a career, was not included in these 10 per cent.

LIDOV: Quite possibly.
"The genotype Davydenko"! According to this article - originally in Spanish - Kolya's a "brave hamster among giants".

For another perspective on this subject, an excellent article from the NY Times 2007, "How to Grow a Super Athlete".

Quote:
What is talent? It's a big question, and one way to approach it is to look at the places where talent seems to be located ...

Canada, for instance, is predictably cluttered with hockey players, but significant concentrations also pop up in Sweden, Russia and the Czech Republic. The United States accounts for many of the top players in women's golf, but South Korea has just as many. Baseball stars are generously sprinkled across the southern United States but the postage-stamp-size Dominican Republic isn't far behind. In women's tennis, we see a dispersal around Europe and the United States, then a dazzling, concentrated burst in Moscow.

The pattern keeps repeating: general scatterings accompanied by a number of dense, unexpected crowdings. The pattern is obviously not random, nor can it be fully explained by gene pools or climate or geopolitics or Nike's global marketing budget. Rather, the pattern looks like algae starting to grow on an aquarium wall, telltale clumps that show something is quietly alive, communicating, blooming ...
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:08 AM   #3254
country flag Sileithel

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
According to this article - originally in Spanish - Kolya's a "brave hamster among giants".

For another perspective on this subject, an excellent article from the NY Times 2007, "How to Grow a Super Athlete".

It's very interesting, thx for sharing!

Did someone share the article in which he said he would like to be as popular as Marat? This one mentions it ironically kinda funny! Looks like he's an underrated sportsman...
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #3255
country flag luly75

luly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond reputeluly75 has a reputation beyond repute

he is not coming to argentina, because of the elections of the CO.