News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 215 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #3211
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

No idea. Maybe if he's not the member of the ROC his presence is not required at the elections.
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #3212
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.. lots of interesting stuff going on with Marat even though his tennis is over. Glad to see it.. Can't wait to see how this all plays out. I do hope that whatever he gets seriously involved with he still makes time for some tennis (exhos, seniors - whatever)!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #3213
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
What is bothering me are the contradictory statements flying around. First Tarpi says that Marat is very talented, has charisma and he needs an year on a job to learn the negotiation technic and all, and then he'll be perfect for a diplomatic position of some kind. Then Tarpi pushes Marat to VP elections. After that says in an interview that Marat just finished his sports career, of course he cannot work 9-6, and he will need two-three years to get used to another life.

On the other side, Marat repeatedly said that he wants to take 6 months of vacation to think everything through, to relax and then start something. His last match was two weeks ago, and he already went to Serbia on business trip (according to media to promote Serbia open, but also to see how they organize the tournament and learn). The IOC elections are on Dec 14th. When will he have some rest?

I have no doubt that Marat will learn the job quickly, and I also want to believe that his advisors are smart and good people, who wouldn't push him in a wrong direction. In a recent interview Marat said that in his life he subconsciously always chose the better option of two, and that he is incredibly lucky. I hope that his intuition will keep on working and will protect him.
you kno what tazzie. I think they're all contradicying themselves to confuse us!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:20 AM   #3214
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
you kno what tazzie. I think they're all contradicying themselves to confuse us!
yes, penguinika, I get the pre-DC tie vibe from them
Good luck with the projects!
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:20 AM   #3215
country flag maratmann
Banned!

maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann

[quote=inez;9350812][QUOTE=mer;9350300]They have elections every 4 years. I just read the list of the candidates. All of them are either Olympic champions or the presidents/vice-presidents of different russian sport federations , state duma and president administration high officials. Some of them are Olympic champions and officials at the same time. I don't know what Tarpi was thinking but Marat seriously doesnt belong there at the moment.
Quote:
(I don't know why it didn;t come up in a boX?????????)

I completely agree with you Mer - right now it's hard to see what serious contribution Marat could make AT THIS LEVEL with his current experience - However, there may be a particular role that they have in mind for Marat, given his personal popularity outside Russia...or, it may well be a long-term strategy by Tarpi - maybe he's thinking nominate him now, why not - IF he gets elected (with or without appropriate lobbying) then great - he can learn a lot and contibute his personality and profile and experience as a professional athlete - and if not - no harm done...and try again in four years...we may see him up for various nominations of this kind if in fact sports admin IS part of his future plans....lets wait and see!!

As for the other nonesense...just for the record, If Marat wanted to make himself a fortune out of his face, he could easily have done so while he was playing -It's worth noting that he only ever did photoshoots for his main tennis sponsors - Adidas and Head - even Rolex , as far as I know - never used him in their advertising - which I find amazing but hey....Marat evidently didn't WANT to be a 'model' or associated that closely with brands outside of Tennis - and that you can only assume, was because his Management, acting on his instructions, turned down that kind of stuff - Some time ago now, Marat was quoted as saying, when questioned about it, something along the lines of "of course I could have made a lot more money if I had been prepared to sell myself for peanuts..." I think that just about sums it up...
its seems your brain is way off into unthinking nonsense!!?? I meant SPORTS promotion!!for the olympics. And NOT some brand coca cola, etc
maratmann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #3216
country flag maratmann
Banned!

maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann maratmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post
Listen, Maratmann, please don't feel offended about me joining your dialogue with Mer...but as a fellow Central&Eastern Europe citizen I can't help myself from adding a thing or two.

Fact is, dear, in this parts of the world, where I live, where Mer lives, corruption and co. are rather frequent. And thats no CNN stuff for us, this is every day reality that we have to deal with. You say you are Russian by blood and soul...although I do not know what that really means, I personally belive that (i) this doesn't really make you Russian and (ii) you should feel lucky about being so unaware about such things!

Summing up, of course it's nice to say that if Marat wins those elections it is due to his personal qualities (that I actually do not doubt at all), but truth is, if he wins, he'll most probably do it because he was backed up by whomever mattered (Shamil Tarpishev anyone?)

In the end, I hope you won't get upset about my post...you see, in my country we just had presidentials last weekend, so I'm bitter
No problem at all, come in if you must!!....But to me dear, Long Live the Russian Federation !! take a cue from that!! plz
Old 11-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #3217
country flag maratmann
Banned!

One day who knows Marat Safin would and could be the President of The Russian Federation!!! Hes highly intelligent and has courage and we never never will know
what the future holds!! We might just gape in awe like muddlesome monkeys way out
in our shoddy little thinking caps centered on Tennis and sports. Marat might even surprise himself LOL
Old 11-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #3218
country flag momo_momo

momo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratmann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
[[b]QUOTE=mer;9350300]They have elections every 4 years. I just read the list of the candidates. All of them are either Olympic champions or the presidents/vice-presidents of different russian sport federations , state duma and president administration high officials. Some of them are Olympic champions and officials at the same time. I don't know what Tarpi was thinking but Marat seriously doesnt belong there at the moment.
its seems your brain is way off into unthinking nonsense!!?? I meant SPORTS promotion!!for the olympics. And NOT some brand coca cola, etc
Maratmann, seriously you have a valid point but sometimes your posts sound like verbal attacks. If you want to argue, you can do it constructively.

As we all know, Marat has been part of tennis courts opening in Chelny, some KC promotion, he's in the talks of helping out with the Belgrade Open next year, Sochi, and so-so. I think Tarpi might be serious about this after all, and Marat wants tennis to thrive in Russia.

But aside from those facts, it might be a little all too early for him. Although if he becomes VP he'll have lots of preparation going into the 2012 London Olympics.

About him resting a while after 2009, being an official isn't more physically demanding than that of a tennis career, maybe one can assume this is plausible.

But remember - Shamil nominated Marat. He didn't volunteer. Maybe this is just a dry run to see how much support the name 'Marat Safin' can rake in... See, it got all of us talking.

Or this is just to confuse us, just like Penny says?

I don't know... Anyway, I'm just glad Marat will be visible for the years to come.

Red card of LOVE AHAHAHA. Bite me.
momo_momo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #3219
country flag Alya_C

Alya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond reputeAlya_C has a reputation beyond repute

Just my 2 cents in and then I'll shut up on this.
I seriously don't think there is no need to worry about Marat being a VP or not.
First because I don't think anyone is nominating him against his will, he certainly gave his ok for this. Second on the corruption part, I don't doubt Russia and many other countries around the world have serious problems on this(including my own ) but in this case just having support/lobbies for this kind of an election it's not corruption, it's business. Nobody gets elected for an Administrative Board anywhere if the members don't think he can bring some valid contibution and that means negotiations and getting support in advance. Being VP for an Olympic committee is not a 24h job, many of such officials have their own companies/associations/businesses, so it's not like Marat will be tied down and can't do anything else. I think if he does get elected this could be a good place for him to learn about negotiations, be involved in sports management, organization of sports events, etc and he certainly can bring his own value into the bargain, his charisma, his connections, his contacts with the international sports community and his inside view as a professional sportsman. He's not dumb, he certainly knows what he is doing and whatever hurdles he'll face he'll get over them, as he always has
kisses
Alya_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #3220
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Alya,
just to clarify, when I talked about corruption I didn't mean the elections part. I meant the organization of Sochi Olympics and all the money involved. But if Marat's only role will be negotiations on international level (in case he's elected) that's good and no need to worry
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #3221
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Vey well said, Alya!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #3222
country flag maratmann
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya_C View Post
Just my 2 cents in and then I'll shut up on this.
I seriously don't think there is no need to worry about Marat being a VP or not.
First because I don't think anyone is nominating him against his will, he certainly gave his ok for this. Second on the corruption part, I don't doubt Russia and many other countries around the world have serious problems on this(including my own ) but in this case just having support/lobbies for this kind of an election it's not corruption, it's business. Nobody gets elected for an Administrative Board anywhere if the members don't think he can bring some valid contibution and that means negotiations and getting support in advance. Being VP for an Olympic committee is not a 24h job, many of such officials have their own companies/associations/businesses, so it's not like Marat will be tied down and can't do anything else. I think if he does get elected this could be a good place for him to learn about negotiations, be involved in sports management, organization of sports events, etc and he certainly can bring his own value into the bargain, his charisma, his connections, his contacts with the international sports community and his inside view as a professional sportsman. He's not dumb, he certainly knows what he is doing and whatever hurdles he'll face he'll get over them, as he always has
kisses
hmmmmm seems sensible!! Nothing earthshaking. You may be out of point, Heres why. Lobbies etc is NOT part of business as you mentioned. They are pressure groups who exert their will to get what they want, mostly occurs in the electioneering process . Business processes do not include per se the intrusive /interventionist practises of lobbying.

Last edited by maratmann : 11-26-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #3223
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Thread will be reopened once I clean this up a bit. And maratmann, you claim to not know the meaning of the word "troll" and want to be part of this community. I explain to you what the word means yet you persist in your silly behaviour. So do you really expect me to believe now that you've no idea what the word means? I've already given you the benefit of the doubt once. I will not be so kind this time round.

Edit: Right, I'll leave it open for now. Remember everyone, there's a reported post function that sends an email to me and the supermods when a post is reported so I can take a look at the posts.

Last edited by PennyThePenguin : 11-28-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #3224
country flag maratmann
Banned!

you not being fair ar all.Penny the penguin. i more or less apologised with kisses and got a stinger
from moneytatoo. I wonder if that is silly behaviour on my part.well if you feel that
you need to boot me out its your privilage
Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #3225
Scavenger Hunter

It is one thing to apologise and be able to accept constructive criticism and hopefully, improve. But it is an entirely different thing to apologise, and then after receiving criticism, decide to throw fireballs at the criticising party.

Let me make it clear that the last thing I want to do is have to "kick" people out of here. You are more than welcome to stick around if you decide to be civil and NONAGGRESSIVE towards the rest of the posters. This is a forum, not a boxing ring and we're not trying to pick street brawls either like in the opening scene of romeo and juliet.

Or if you have a problem with certain posters (and this is for all other posters to take note of as well), there is this wonderful function called the ignore list. which you can find in the UserCp. Put someone on there and you won't see their posts.