News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 214 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #3196
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Also, some of the conversation in this thread is disturbing me. May I remind everyone that the GM rules for posting also DO APPLY to the players forums even though we don't post them in the individual subforums.

For a refresher course in GM rules: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129884
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #3197
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...It's a little surprising that Marat's nomination for this body has become such a 'hot topic' - not that there's anything else to debate at the moment....so - IF he gets elected - will it be as embarassing as getting the 'nobel peace prize'...???? - or rather, should we be glad that he hasn't been nominated for the Nobel Prize for anything....unless, of course, there a Nobel prize for 'Inhumanly HAWT Russian Who Looks Good in Scottish Tartan' - there really could only be ONE winner of that now, surely??
Old 11-25-2009, 02:58 AM   #3198
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post
Hmmm...It's a little surprising that Marat's nomination for this body has become such a 'hot topic' - not that there's anything else to debate at the moment....so - IF he gets elected - will it be as embarassing as getting the 'nobel peace prize'...???? - or rather, should we be glad that he hasn't been nominated for the Nobel Prize for anything....unless, of course, there a Nobel prize for 'Inhumanly HAWT Russian Who Looks Good in Scottish Tartan' - there really could only be ONE winner of that now, surely??
but if that's a nobel prize, they'd have to award it every year right? what will we do then? do they allow multiple wins?
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #3199
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
but if that's a nobel prize, they'd have to award it every year right? what will we do then? do they allow multiple wins?
LOL - Ahhh...good point, Pengie - as there are not likely to be too many nominations annually, I suspect that there will have to be a special dispensation relating to multiple nominations and awards....perhaps they will have to stipulate that he has to buy a NEW suit and a different piece of tartan apparel on each occassion???
Old 11-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #3200
lena-nova

lena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond repute

Russia is preparing the Winter-Olympics in Sotchi and they need a lot of money for this project. Even if this is not Marats origin sport-world but ROC need qualified people with contacts to international companies. At this topics he can be very helpful.
lena-nova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #3201
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena-nova View Post
Russia is preparing the Winter-Olympics in Sotchi and they need a lot of money for this project.
That is exactly why I'm starting to like the idea of Marat elected VP less and less. There will be a lot of money involved and corruption is inevitable, so I'd like Marat to stay away from it in the next 4 years... I know I may sound like a paranoic
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #3202
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Penguin! Hope everything's OK with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo_momo View Post
Yeah Shamil says Marat's already been working with the international organizations this year to promote the Kremlin Cup and had some success. Of course he lacks the experience yet and proper education ( dunno what Shamil meant with education but Marat said in an interview that he's been studying business and management on his own so he's preparing himself ). And even if he'll just become a member of the ROC in whatever capacity it will be good experience and hopefully he likes it. Seems that he has thought about it and does like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena-nova View Post
Russia is preparing the Winter-Olympics in Sotchi and they need a lot of money for this project. Even if this is not Marats origin sport-world but ROC need qualified people with contacts to international companies. At this topics he can be very helpful.
Exactly, I agree. And I've always aid that sports management would suit him well, but this is just my opinion of course.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #3203
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
That is exactly why I'm starting to like the idea of Marat elected VP less and less. There will be a lot of money involved and corruption is inevitable, so I'd like Marat to stay away from it in the next 4 years... I know I may sound like a paranoic
I am naive of course but I wouldn't be so paranoid.
And as Inez said I don't think it's such a MEGA thing. He's smart enough to make his own decisions and if he agrees to something he obviously feels OK with it, otherwise he would've said no. Plus I don't think he'll be like handling all the money or smth.
And hey, business is dirty everywhere.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #3204
lena-nova

lena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
olympic games is just another word for corruption in every country :8): (we had Fiat-games in Turin, Coca-Cola Games in Atlanta, not to forget the endless stories around Salt Lake City, and so on...)
As far as I know Tarpi is a active member of ROC (I have seen him at the russian Olympic presentation in Mexico with Putin) and he maybe knows that Marat has some contacts they need ...... :,):
lena-nova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #3205
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+1

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #3206
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

What is bothering me are the contradictory statements flying around. First Tarpi says that Marat is very talented, has charisma and he needs an year on a job to learn the negotiation technic and all, and then he'll be perfect for a diplomatic position of some kind. Then Tarpi pushes Marat to VP elections. After that says in an interview that Marat just finished his sports career, of course he cannot work 9-6, and he will need two-three years to get used to another life.

On the other side, Marat repeatedly said that he wants to take 6 months of vacation to think everything through, to relax and then start something. His last match was two weeks ago, and he already went to Serbia on business trip (according to media to promote Serbia open, but also to see how they organize the tournament and learn). The IOC elections are on Dec 14th. When will he have some rest?

I have no doubt that Marat will learn the job quickly, and I also want to believe that his advisors are smart and good people, who wouldn't push him in a wrong direction. In a recent interview Marat said that in his life he subconsciously always chose the better option of two, and that he is incredibly lucky. I hope that his intuition will keep on working and will protect him.
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #3207
country flag michellej

michellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=AnnieNik;9352116]What is bothering me are the contradictory statements flying around. First Tarpi says that Marat is very talented, has charisma and he needs an year on a job to learn the negotiation technic and all, and then he'll be perfect for a diplomatic position of some kind. Then Tarpi pushes Marat to VP elections. After that says in an interview that Marat just finished his sports career, of course he cannot work 9-6, and he will need two-three years to get used to another life.

On the other side, Marat repeatedly said that he wants to take 6 months of vacation to think everything through, to relax and then start something. His last match was two weeks ago, and he already went to Serbia on business trip (according to media to promote Serbia open, but also to see how they organize the tournament and learn). The IOC elections are on Dec 14th. When will he have some rest?

I have no doubt that Marat will learn the job quickly, and I also want to believe that his advisors are smart and good people, who wouldn't push him in a wrong direction. In a recent interview Marat said that in his life he subconsciously always chose the better option of two, and that he is incredibly lucky. I hope that his intuition will keep on working and will protect him.[/QUOTE

It's a giant leap to go from being a tennis player with no business experience of any kind and having someone else arrange all the business details of your life, to being an executive. But if none of these ventures work out for Marat right now hopefully he is keeping his mind open and will learn something from this experience.

Gigantic learning curve for him in the months /years ahead.
michellej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #3208
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
What is bothering me are the contradictory statements flying around. First Tarpi says that Marat is very talented, has charisma and he needs an year on a job to learn the negotiation technic and all, and then he'll be perfect for a diplomatic position of some kind. Then Tarpi pushes Marat to VP elections. After that says in an interview that Marat just finished his sports career, of course he cannot work 9-6, and he will need two-three years to get used to another life.

I have no doubt that Marat will learn the job quickly, and I also want to believe that his advisors are smart and good people, who wouldn't push him in a wrong direction. In a recent interview Marat said that in his life he subconsciously always chose the better option of two, and that he is incredibly lucky. I hope that his intuition will keep on working and will protect him.

Maybe he realised he doesn't want to rest after all.
As I said he is a pretty smart person so I'm not worried about his future, he will do fine.
Btw the elections are on Dec 17th. And that surely won't keep him too busy at first should he get elected as a ROC member or VP or whatever. Or maybe I'm wrong.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #3209
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellej View Post
It's a giant leap to go from being a tennis player with no business experience of any kind and having someone else arrange all the business details of your life, to being an executive. But if none of these ventures work out for Marat right now hopefully he is keeping his mind open and will learn something from this experience.

Gigantic learning curve for him in the months /years ahead.
Actually I'm pretty sute that Marat does have some experience in handling his own business matters including investments he made. Not everything was arranged for him by his team. Besides he already did some work for russian tennis federation. But that's for sure is not enough to become an official.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #3210
country flag mer

Btw I wonder if he will play exhibition in Argentina now considering the elections are on December, 17.