News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2007, 07:00 AM   #301
country flag wendy s

wendy s is on a distinguished road
Default Re: News & Articles - Yeti Premonitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tommy Haas View Post
Haven't you heard? Marat's not going to play AO next year but he will take part in a 40 day Shaman-Experiment on Ayers Rock were he will only eat and drink what can be found there. But afterwards he will feel totally refreshed and motivated for the clay season. Because he and the clay will be as one.
please dont give marat an ideas I bought tickets for the first week of AO so that I could watch marat play tennis not for marat to sit on a hug rock in the middle of no where.If marat couldn't handle a sleeping bag how much chance has he got puting up a tent.not much wendy
wendy s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #302
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tommy Haas View Post
Haven't you heard? Marat's not going to play AO next year but he will take part in a 40 day Shaman-Experiment on Ayers Rock were he will only eat and drink what can be found there. But afterwards he will feel totally refreshed and motivated for the clay season. Because he and the clay will be as one.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #303
country flag denibas77

denibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond reputedenibas77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jelena's Season-Ending Blog

Who do you think is the cutest ATP player?
Marlon
Hmm... that's a tough one! I'd have to say... Marat Safin.
denibas77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #304
country flag helen10

helen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: News & Articles - Yeti Premonitions

***Edit***
Message on OS has been slightly changed with the added excitement of training in the mountains...woohoo!

"Marat has been enjoying his time at home in Moscow and has really rested his wrist by not picking up a racquet during this time. He is set to fly to Valencia on Sunday 11th November where he will meet up with his coach Hernan Gumy.
He starts with 2 weeks of fitness in the mountains with Miguel Maseo and then will start tennis practice on the 25th"

I would guess this means he won't be going to Portland for the DC...hope it doesn't mean he's training for the Andes trip instead!!

Last edited by helen10 : 11-11-2007 at 12:20 PM.
helen10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #305
country flag Sarka

Sarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
***Edit***
Message on OS has been slightly changed with the added excitement of training in the mountains...woohoo!

"Marat has been enjoying his time at home in Moscow and has really rested his wrist by not picking up a racquet during this time. He is set to fly to Valencia on Sunday 11th November where he will meet up with his coach Hernan Gumy.
He starts with 2 weeks of fitness in the mountains with Miguel Maseo and then will start tennis practice on the 25th"

I would guess this means he won't be going to Portland for the DC...hope it doesn't mean he's training for the Andes trip instead!!
Thanks for the info, Helen. I never go on his official website so I'd miss all the updates without you guys.

Sounds good to me A well rested Marat, keen on playing tennis, determined for a fresh start in 08
I don't really care about Portland. I hope the guys manage to come through without Marat but his career should be his main priority at the moment.

LOL about the mountains. I think it's a good way to combine his physical training with fun...why not If he has more fun that way, I say go for it, plus the altitude will only impove his fitness even more.

Can't wait to see the result of his hard work next year Go Marat!
Sarka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #306
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

héhé

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #307
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
Too bad there are more Fedtards out there than us
Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #308
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekutza View Post
Too bad there are more Fedtards out there than us
We are still doing ok I think the only active players nominated there are Marat and Mighty Fed...poor Nadal, 81 consecutive wins on clay, 3 RG titles and 2 Wimbledon finals by the age of 21 did not win him a nomination
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 PM   #309
country flag Aleka
DO THE LOCHTE

Aleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond reputeAleka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post
We are still doing ok I think the only active players nominated there are Marat and Mighty Fed...poor Nadal, 81 consecutive wins on clay, 3 RG titles and 2 Wimbledon finals by the age of 21 did not win him a nomination
the poll starter must be a Marat fan
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 PM   #310
country flag helen10

helen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post

Yes, but Nadal was still beaten by Federer in those Wimbledon finals. I think Safin may deserve a mention in the poll but I think it's pushing it for him to come ahead of Sampras, Borg etc etc!
helen10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #311
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
Yes, but Nadal was still beaten by Federer in those Wimbledon finals. I think Safin may deserve a mention in the poll but I think it's pushing it for him to come ahead of Sampras, Borg etc etc!
...and Fed was beaten by Nadal in those RG finals Anyway, I do not think Nadal comes too near to Federer's talent and complexity (I was just giving an example there) but he may eventually become a high achiever (unless his body lets him down too soon): he's still very young, he's an unbelievable defender and one of the strongest mentally.

Anyway, I consider the poll not too relevant: first of all,of course active players are going to get the most votes (poor Connors: with over 100 singles titles he got 0 votes ) since people forget quite quickly. Then, it is not too relevant to make these intertemporal comparisons: the game evolves, that's only natural and the technology of the racket and surfaces also changed: best to accept more his-time-greats than look for an all-times-great.
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #312
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

it' about the best when "at his peak", so the most inconsistent player could win, it's not a matter of having won plenty of titles bu it IS a rather silly poll, yes

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 AM   #313
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm, you don't expect me as the most loyal Safinette or Maratard to vote for anyone else now do you?
Done my part. Yep, too bad there are so many Fedtards out there. Marat Marat, not even winning every poll on MTF.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #314
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people vote on these idiotic polls ?
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #315
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Why do people vote on these idiotic polls ?
Because I'm a blonde idiot.
Dunno about the others.

Have a good week Irochka! It's snowing here.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote