News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 205 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 10-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #3061
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,394
tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Old news and he won the US Open in 2000.
I love how bitter you are.
__________________
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #3062
country flag Burrow
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,496
Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

What do you want me to do? Jump around in glee and acknowledge that he won the US Open in 2002?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #3063
country flag monkey247
Moderator
 
monkey247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London
Posts: 2,777
monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Safin fans. Marat will be on the cover of this month's Tennis magazine. ... Also attaching the People magazine story on Marat when he won the USO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
What do you want me to do? Jump around in glee and acknowledge that he won the US Open in 2002?
Well but why go to the other extreme? What's a chronological inaccuracy among fellow tennis fans anyway, an opportunity to rebuke or to share knowledge ?

Thanks, tangerine, I hope you'll post here again.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #3064
country flag Burrow
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,496
Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

I hardly think stating a couple of facts is the other extreme. I could've though, seeing as the idiot has spouted so much nonsense about Marat time and time again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #3065
country flag monkey247
Moderator
 
monkey247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London
Posts: 2,777
monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I hardly think stating a couple of facts is the other extreme. I could've though, seeing as the idiot has spouted so much nonsense about Marat time and time again.
Facts are neutral, but the way one chooses to state them, might not be. Somewhere between negative reaction and exaggerated glee lies a more measured, open and beneficial response, surely.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:40 PM   #3066
country flag Burrow
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,496
Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Yeah, the facts are neutral and I chose to state them in the most neutral way possible.

What's wrong with being negative, anyway? It's not really wrong and I don't consider what I said to them as harsh, in the slightest, however if I was then that's only double standards.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #3067
country flag Kiara
Registered User
 
Kiara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,857
Kiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

hee hee this place hasnt changed much. I love it
Kiara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #3068
country flag monkey247
Moderator
 
monkey247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London
Posts: 2,777
monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Yeah, the facts are neutral and I chose to state them in the most neutral way possible.
If that's your idea of neutral expression, what will your interpretation of negative look like?! It was thoughtful of Tangerine to contribute, why not thank him/her and offer a friendly, non-abrupt, non-dismissive correction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
What's wrong with being negative, anyway? It's not really wrong and I don't consider what I said to them as harsh, in the slightest, however if I was then that's only double standards.
Being negative creates an unpleasant atmosphere, that's all. It's not about whether negativity/hostility is right or wrong, so much as what its effects/consequences are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
hee hee this place hasnt changed much. I love it
MTF is pretty fun most days but I must say, I haven't yet learned to love name-calling and other acts of verbal aggression.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #3069
country flag Burrow
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,496
Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Talk about taking things out of proportion or what?!

In my original post, where was the negativity? I was only telling the truth, I'm not going to sugarcoat things.

Why not thank them? Because it's terribly ironic that they come in here and post something about Safin after all the absolute nonsense that they have said about him. You say being negative creates an unpleasant atmosphere, well yes, it might, but this is the internet and i don't really sense any atmosphere, nor do I care but that is where the double standards come in. It's okay for one to slander and talk completely ignorant rubbish and it's not okay for one to speak in a dismissive tone? There are also no consequences, this is MTF and if somebody behaved the same way to me off the internet, I sure as hell would behave in the same manner.

And MTF is just a brawl these days, in GM and it'll probably stay that way, however, if you're okay to me, I'm okay to you and when I do engage in pathetic 'name-calling' quarrels then that is because of what has been said to me, I don't see any harm done, nobody takes GM seriously but what I do find interesting is that you've brought up the fact that you haven't learned to love 'name-calling and other acts of verbal aggression'. I think this is completely out of context as I've hardly been aggressive (and it's clearly directed at me) Do you believe that thinking somebody is an idiot is aggressive and when I state that I think they are an idiot is name-calling?

I didn't take a dig at them, they took a dig at me, saying I'm 'bitter'. Other people may come across as bitter when they state the facts but I'm never really bitter on this. I just give as good as I get, often with a smile on my face.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #3070
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter
 
PennyThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: swimming across the pacific ocean
Posts: 31,853
PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

I'm not a fan of name calling of any sort, whether the names be directed at a fellow poster or a player but we all know that GM is a mess where a lot of juvenile behaviour exists so that's why I avoid GM

As for tangy posting here, she has posted here on several occasion in the past and despite our differences, a few posters here, myself included, have a good relationship with her and welcome her to post in this part of MTF-world. It doesn't mean you have to be a fan of a poster to post in their forum! I used to post in Roddick's forum but I don't think I'll ever learn to be a fan of his

True, what tangy posted today was old news to us, but we can't expect everyone to know what's going on in here everyday! We've had countless "old" news and repeated posts even from people who hang around the forum quite a bit.

As for the date error. I think if I'd seen that post first I'd have been "bitter" too and responded in the same way as Burrow did and at tangy because SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!! so tangy... I know you will probably read this and to you but perhaps my reaction to tangy's "bitter" comment would have been different because we all know MTF's a tongue in cheek place right???

So...can we go back to posting news in the news thread now? please?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowa, on a theory proposed by Annie
the connection between his brain and his body has been restored!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #3071
country flag Burrow
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,496
Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Yeah, apologies, I suppose if it was anyone else I wouldn't have used a dismissive tone. I didn't expect my initial comment to cause a mini-uproar. I'll leave my battles to be fought in GM
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:01 PM   #3072
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter
 
PennyThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: swimming across the pacific ocean
Posts: 31,853
PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

thank you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowa, on a theory proposed by Annie
the connection between his brain and his body has been restored!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #3073
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,394
tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Burrow is a very mean Safin fan. I looked back and didn't see the photos posted so I thought I'd post them because Safin's been on my mind lately and it was a good excuse to visit here. Now I see it was a mistake, and all because I typed 2002 instead of 2000. It was a typo! I'm sorry I posted the "old news". I'm sorry I ever came over here. Thanks to everyone who was kind to me. Burrow is a meanie. A pox on him. Hope you get rocks in your Halloween bag.
__________________
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #3074
country flag Burrow
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 17,496
Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Tangerine, yet again, i apologize to you. It's easy to get sick of hearing ridiculous, unjustified things about him and I've read such things from you before and even today, but I didn't lash out at you.

Not sure about rocks in my Halloween bag but rocks or eggs pelted at my window by drunkards is rather likely tonight.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:22 AM   #3075
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter
 
PennyThePenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: swimming across the pacific ocean
Posts: 31,853
PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Burrow is a very mean Safin fan. I looked back and didn't see the photos posted so I thought I'd post them because Safin's been on my mind lately and it was a good excuse to visit here. Now I see it was a mistake, and all because I typed 2002 instead of 2000. It was a typo! I'm sorry I posted the "old news". I'm sorry I ever came over here. Thanks to everyone who was kind to me. Burrow is a meanie. A pox on him. Hope you get rocks in your Halloween bag.
you two.

TANGYWANGY!!! have there been many kids at your door today? didja give out peppermint patties I had to drive really slowly through the streets in case tiny spidermen and princesses and mermaids and what nots decided that it'd be fun to dash across the street in front of me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowa, on a theory proposed by Annie
the connection between his brain and his body has been restored!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios