News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 204 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #3046
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti

There was one hour interview with Marat on russian tennis channel. I saw only the end of it. They talked about kids and Marat said again that he doesn't want his kids to play tennis. He also said that small kids these days are too smart "4 years old kids they talk with you, ask you questions, they understand everything" In the end presenter said she hopes to see Marat again in the same studio as a tennis official and Marat answered yeah, I'll be sitting here all pretty and with a big belly
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #3047
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

^ Charming.
Thanks for posting that, mer.
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #3048
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I came across an old radio interview (April 2008) in Russian, which was very funny, and very Marat-ish. I'll try to translate some of the pearls:

Question from listeners: "Does it hurt, when the ball hits you in the head?"
Marat: "It hurts more on other places"

Asked about Misha's incident hitting his head with his racket, Marat says that he with his breaking rackets is old-fashioned now

Asked when he started playing tennis, Marat says that he was very little. He was driven in a stroller first, then given a tiny little racket and started playing

Discussing what's easier to play sports or to study, Marat is convinced that the sportsmen have the easier job. One of the radio hosts says "But the athletes somewhat study, too!", Marat:"Well, somewhat doesn't count" LOL

Talking about the eating regime etc., Marat: "I do not have a tendency to be obese. I am thankful to my parents that it turned out like this"

Host: Do you get up early easy?
Marat: Yesterday went to bed at 12, so that I could wake up at 8, but at 3 wake up scared, because the tap made noise. After that couldn't fall asleep and had to take a pill (laughs)

Talking about the sudden inspections by doping control, he said that once in Petersbourg four guys knocked on his door at 8 a.m. and scared him (laughs)

At the end of the interview a listener asks, whether he meets his sister. Marat -> stunned and laughing.
Next question: "Do you like spending time with her?". Marat: "Who asks those questions?!!!?????"

The whole thing is hilarious. Thanks for the laughter, Marat

Annoushka and Irochka, remember the guy at the stadium, who was shouting "Rossiya", well Marat knows him too
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.

Last edited by AnnieNik : 10-27-2009 at 03:17 PM.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #3049
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

everybody knows that guy...he even goes to players parties
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #3050
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie} View Post
everybody knows that guy...he even goes to players parties
I wanted to strangle him
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #3051
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

I think that anyone who's ever watched Kremlin Cup knows the guy.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #3052
country flag Iana

Iana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks AnnieNik! And the video for this interview is very interesting and entertaining.
Iana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #3053
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this on Dinara's thread at TF! Marat is going to participate in the Hong Kong Tennis Classic in January for Team Russia with Masha & Vera.. Yay!
http://www.hongkongtennisclassic.com...php?mediaId=17
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #3054
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news, ad, thanks for posting! Well, my Christmas has come early. Link isn't working for some reason, here's Marat's page: http://www.hongkongtennisclassic.com...hp?playerId=20.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #3055
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how they are going to do it?? Marat plays with both girls and then the girls play together .. Should be fun - wish they would show it on TV!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #3056
country flag wei_yoshi

wei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond repute

wooo... i cant believe it! i cant believe it!!!!!!
he will come to Hong Kong and play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am watching the news in TV.. and they said Safin will come and play here in Jan!
i thought they're talking about Safina as it's a women event for many years..
but Marat come..with Chang and Edberg..!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #3057
lena-nova

lena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond reputelena-nova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei_yoshi View Post
wooo... i cant believe it! i cant believe it!!!!!!
he will come to Hong Kong and play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am watching the news in TV.. and they said Safin will come and play here in Jan!
i thought they're talking about Safina as it's a women event for many years..
but Marat come..with Chang and Edberg..!!!!
that sounds very funny, old tennis veterans playing with young woman ............
great idea, should be do this in europe too, would love to watch it, and please with team-coaching .....

just one note: I have in my ears something like I need big holiday / break for some month.... and than maybe some Senior-Tour matches , but this sounds different.....

Last edited by lena-nova : 10-27-2009 at 07:26 PM.
lena-nova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:01 AM   #3058
country flag momo_momo

momo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond repute

Nuther tourney for us... xD xD
momo_momo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #3059
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Safin fans. Marat will be on the cover of this month's Tennis magazine.

The Magical Misery Tour
After more than a decade on tour, Marat Safin pulls the plug on his career. We look back at his soaring highs and comical lows.

Also attaching the People magazine story on Marat when he won USO 2002.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_10_27_bigcover.jpg (29.1 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg poster77.jpg (198.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 20000925-750-114.jpg (179.0 KB, 38 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #3060
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Safin fans. Marat will be on the cover of this month's Tennis magazine.

The Magical Misery Tour
After more than a decade on tour, Marat Safin pulls the plug on his career. We look back at his soaring highs and comical lows.

Also attaching the People magazine story on Marat when he won USO 2002.
Old news and he won the US Open in 2000.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote