News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #226
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles - Yeti Premonitions

yeah, the "note" killed me. The statement which has the "we his team, friends and fans bla bla bla" words signed with the note that these are Marat's thoughts... just priceless
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #227
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2moretogo View Post
^^^ Before we take OS to task about fonts, can we ask them to proofread an "official" statement from Marat. Please?
I know I sounded a bit picky with the font colour thing...but I was (more than once!) visually disturbed by vividly coloured news i sometimes couldn't quite distinguish where the junk ad with "congratutalions!!! you're the 999999 visitor" finished and the news started

It is sometimes tempting to try and argue with them (manag team) and try to prove them wrong on some issues (even more important than font colour), but on a second thought, I think not much (probably nothing) can be done by somebody who is not directly involved in Marat's management. That's their approch to how the things should be said and done and I do not think we can change that: as said before, it is not the first time they sound unproffesional (to us) and it won't be the last time probably...

But after all, I'm wondering if this really matters: will the profficiency level of statements on the OS affect Marat's performance? I guess (and hope) not...Also, I think he'll continue to be equally popular regardless of what happens on his website...

So, we can as well let this episode pass and hope for a better season next year!

Last edited by yarina : 10-22-2007 at 09:31 PM.
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #228
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

ohwell, let's just hope this won't backfire on marat onthe web etc... if the storm's only on marat's forum, that'll be ok...

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #229
country flag Meeek

Meeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond reputeMeeek has a reputation beyond repute

Did she really??
Poor Marat.
'I want a smooth chest but not with hooters ok? There are such men and I WILL have one'
Meeek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #230
country flag Mrs Tommy Haas

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in fact, it did do him some harm... making a fuss about the article and "bringing it to his attention" won't help him find new confidence.
He should be in quarantine or something. Methinks Rocky IV.
Mrs Tommy Haas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #231
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

wow, I just spent 30min catching up with the drama... that was worthy of! (okay, maybe not from my boss' point of view ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada~121 View Post
I think it's quite obvious that Marat doesn't care about his website or his own PR even. But seriously, that reply on his website seemed even more "insulting" to Marat than the tennis.com article to me.
Agreed! To be honest the tennis.com letter didn't shock me much apart from the part where the writer says Marat doesn't care about his sports people who've been following his career for years know how he always voiced his opinion about the things that, in his opinion, were bad for tennis as a professional sport (long calendar, playing the DC every year, umpires going by the rules too strictly, the Round Robin disaster , etc, etc).
But the rest wasn't that bad. Which can't be said about the "official" reply, which like you said Jane sounds more like the opinion of a sensitive fan rather than what could be expected from an official staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
Mrs Tommy Haas, you know what??? I think this is the first time I'm agreeing with you on something!

I think it calls for a celebration
ditto
He should never have agreed to have an official site. This reply was so ridiculous it's embarassing

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #232
country flag michellej

michellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond repute

He should never have agreed to have an official site. This reply was so ridiculous it's embarassing [/quote]

In fact ever since the day the OS opened, Marat's tennis career began to go on a big downward slide...nothing but "he will do better next time" news.

And I don't think Marat has a clue as to what is posted on his site seeing as he never is on the internet. ]
michellej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #233
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellej View Post

In fact ever since the day the OS opened, Marat's tennis career began to go on a big downward slide...nothing but "he will do better next time" news.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #234
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

seems the bercy staff still believes
(look on the right)

Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #235
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

I like the posters btw but did they cost a lot, really? (this would explain why the price of the tickets has raised again )

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #236
country flag luxsword

expensive tickets make them feel they're not cheap

re: posters
would marat be in a winning phase, i'd rather they'd put the horses with him
(but i suppose the threatening meteor's more fitting now )

Old 10-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #237
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

a new article on marat (and nalby) from tennis.com:

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tenni...r-agonist.html
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:07 AM   #238
country flag Krikry

Krikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond reputeKrikry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
downside of this is that to see such talented players struggle with motivation can leach some of the joy out of watching tennis. It makes you wonder, do they even care about tennis? And the answer may well be: not as much, and not in as single minded a way, as Mr. Federer.
Always the same bullshit!!! Over and over again!
Do those people really think that he doesn't care about tennis but still carries on playing and even hires a coach

And please stop comparing his motivation with Roger's one. Marat's not like Fed, but it doesn't mean that he doesn't care about tennis and his career

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea" Eric Cantona
Krikry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #239
country flag luxsword

krikry

Old 10-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #240
country flag Sarka

Sarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond repute

Just catched up with what has been going on here for the past week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams View Post

While I agree with all this I can't help but feel Marat should at least have the ambition to not go out like this.
I think he does and that's why he's (hopefully) working as hard as possible to surprise everyone again next year with another comeback. I really believe he wants to end his career on a high note as he's said many times before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada~121 View Post
I think it's quite obvious that Marat doesn't care about his website or his own PR even. But seriously, that reply on his website seemed even more "insulting" to Marat than the tennis.com article to me.

The article was harsh, but damn, his management and the webby could have just stayed cool and taken the high road. Of course there would be people out there making harsh comments, but to respond in such sentimental manner is not just childish, but totally unnecessary. In my opinion, that defensive comment on GM by grendel still comes off much better argued than what's posted on his website.

The way this "official" statement was written is just so embarrassing and highly unprofessional. His management could have just clarified more on his changing decisions in the past few weeks, explaining things in details from his part in objective manner and just end it like that. But this statement went on and on to excuse Marat, citing his greatness in the past, and, dear lord, his "cheerful smile" as a major contribution to the tennis world. It's one thing to defend him as a fan, but it's completely another to defend him as a professional. To counter-attack the writer of that article for having too much "hatred" is just an utterly immature argument. And in general this statement sounds way too much like a sensitive fan post than anything worthy of the word "official".

You know what this response reminded me of? Imagine if Roger's management team put the same tone of response on his website to Wilander's "no-balls" comments last year, accusing Wilander for having personal hatred for Roger and insists that Roger really indeed has balls because he has won 10 slams and a lot other achievements. Then you can get the picture of how ridiculous this whole thing sounds.
I totally agree with all the points you made, Jane. Maybe Marat has no idea what news are posted on his OS because I doubt he'd be happy about these whiny comments that make him look like a crybaby, it's too embarassing indeed. Also, as Irina said, he should have never agreed on an OS; he was never interested in having/keeping it updated and to be honest this site couldn't look any more unprofessional. I can't believe his management tolerates it in its current form....or thinking about it I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post

Sick with some nasty virus since Thursday and I have to much work to stay at home.... I am trying to get healthy, but it kind of gets worse.
Get well soon dear!
Sarka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote