News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #211
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles - Yeti Premonitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
voice of wisdom!

I prefer BS coming from tabloids rather than BS coming from OS. The first case is usually almost harmless at least.
Oh, the tabloids can print whatever on anyone else but when it's about Marat... you know... I'm as (over)sensitive as his OS screaming teenie fans and webby. I wonder how he has those screaming teenie fans still, with no results, they should've all moved to Fed, Rafa or Feli or Djoker or Mario or ... whoever is hip these days.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #212
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
I wonder how he has those screaming teenie fans still, with no results, they should've all moved to Fed, Rafa or Feli or Djoker or Mario or ... whoever is hip these days.
I didn't notice any screaming teenies at KC But didn't spend much time there, so we have to ask Annie and Frensje
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #213
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

The worst thing is that Djokovic has the same management team.

Well, at least I believe Milan never thought about having an affair with Nole.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #214
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post

Annushka beautiful, how are you doing?
I really NEED to get my work done instead of hanging around here.

Sick with some nasty virus since Thursday and I have to much work to stay at home.... I am trying to get healthy, but it kind of gets worse.

Mashenka's workload - disappear *pouff* (If the magic spell doesn't work, good luck )

Irochka, hang on, dear - we should survive this too
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #215
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
I didn't notice any screaming teenies at KC But didn't spend much time there, so we have to ask Annie and Frensje
Anna L said the tickets were too expensive so that was one reason the stands were so empty. I didn't like KC this year. No wonder KC lost its status for 2009.
Even with the 'water pipe' incident and too noisy fans I liked Madrid a lot better, and Madrid was packed most days, even the first night matches with Feli and Fer were pretty full.
Raul with his son last night was just toooo adorable!
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #216
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada~121 View Post
Of course there would be people out there making harsh comments, but to respond in such sentimental manner is not just childish, but totally unnecessary. In my opinion, that defensive comment on GM by grendel still comes off much better argued than what's posted on his website.

The way this "official" statement was written is just so embarrassing and highly unprofessional. His management could have just clarified more on his changing decisions in the past few weeks, explaining things in details from his part in objective manner and just end it like that. But this statement went on and on to excuse Marat, citing his greatness in the past, and, dear lord, his "cheerful smile" as a major contribution to the tennis world. It's one thing to defend him as a fan, but it's completely another to defend him as a professional. To counter-attack the writer of that article for having too much "hatred" is just an utterly immature argument. And in general this statement sounds way too much like a sensitive fan post than anything worthy of the word "official"..
you can't imagine how tempted I am to post this and a few other posts from this thread on OS or at least to send them to the webby & co via the contact form...but then I'm afraid it will be useless indeed: a management team (so there were supposedly more brains working on the statement and they still came up with that ) who posted that cheesy-dramatic OFFICIAL statement (and not only that) won't ever managed to change their attitude to a normal, professional one...actually that's not the first proof of their unprofessionalism: they post the news in all sorts of font sizes and coulours (that's probably the only place where you can read (official) news written in pink!), there are news about other people and other people's babies in there posted before latest news on Marat, it took them 100 years to post some official statement after the news was everywhere on the internet that Marat was in Nepal etc.

(there was actually a poor reasonable person on the OS forum who tried to make them see that posting official statements which talk about Marat's kindness and smile is a bit ridiculous, but I do not think she succeed in that...)

Quote:
You know what this response reminded me of? Imagine if Roger's management team put the same tone of response on his website to Wilander's "no-balls" comments last year, accusing Wilander for having personal hatred for Roger and insists that Roger really indeed has balls because he has won 10 slams and a lot other achievements. Then you can get the picture of how ridiculous this whole thing sounds.
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #217
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Before we take OS to task about fonts, can we ask them to proofread an "official" statement from Marat. Please?
2moretogo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #218
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The article was harsh, but damn, his management and the webby could have just stayed cool and taken the high road. Of course there would be people out there making harsh comments, but to respond in such sentimental manner is not just childish, but totally unnecessary. In my opinion, that defensive comment on GM by grendel still comes off much better argued than what's posted on his website.

grendel didn't write in GM, the comment i quoted comes from there

it's in the comments after the much less controversial article by sean randall.
a comment posted was very harsh, and grendel replied to it.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #219
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

could someone tell us who are marat's managment team, exacly ??
they seem to be quite a bunch of guys... any precision please??

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #220
country flag Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's quite obvious that Marat doesn't care about his website or his own PR even. But seriously, that reply on his website seemed even more "insulting" to Marat than the tennis.com article to me.

The article was harsh, but damn, his management and the webby could have just stayed cool and taken the high road. Of course there would be people out there making harsh comments, but to respond in such sentimental manner is not just childish, but totally unnecessary. In my opinion, that defensive comment on GM by grendel still comes off much better argued than what's posted on his website.

The way this "official" statement was written is just so embarrassing and highly unprofessional. His management could have just clarified more on his changing decisions in the past few weeks, explaining things in details from his part in objective manner and just end it like that. But this statement went on and on to excuse Marat, citing his greatness in the past, and, dear lord, his "cheerful smile" as a major contribution to the tennis world. It's one thing to defend him as a fan, but it's completely another to defend him as a professional. To counter-attack the writer of that article for having too much "hatred" is just an utterly immature argument. And in general this statement sounds way too much like a sensitive fan post than anything worthy of the word "official".

You know what this response reminded me of? Imagine if Roger's management team put the same tone of response on his website to Wilander's "no-balls" comments last year, accusing Wilander for having personal hatred for Roger and insists that Roger really indeed has balls because he has won 10 slams and a lot other achievements. Then you can get the picture of how ridiculous this whole thing sounds.
I completely agree. This is like a whole new level of un-professionalism from his management team. Cripes! I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
The worst thing is that Djokovic has the same management team.
Tiriac seriously needs to drink drain cleaner and die. Really.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #221
country flag Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
could someone tell us who are marat's managment team, exacly ??
they seem to be quite a bunch of guys... any precision please??
The company is called Elite Management and it's owned by Ion Tiriac.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #222
country flag Armada~121

Armada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post

(there was actually a poor reasonable person on the OS forum who tried to make them see that posting official statements which talk about Marat's kindness and smile is a bit ridiculous, but I do not think she succeed in that...)
I know. I saw that. It was the first time in years I ventured to waste my time reading the mayhem there and I saw that post, which I think all her points are very valid and well-argued. Yet she was responded by "da team" in exactly the same manner that wrote that embarrassing "statement". All emotional, full of thin-air "reasoning" which borders on personal attack. It actually backfired in my opinion because it just shows to whom that statement really belongs to. I'm sure there are parts from Marat, but definitely the major parts of the statement are overwrought beyond I believe even his imagination. I wonder whether his team also "brought this to his attention" And here I mean, the final statement that has been put into words and not the rough "instruction" that was claimed to have come from Marat. Puh-lease, everybody knows how hundred different messages and connotations can come out from the variation of basically one simple statement.

There's really no point arguing about this. And it's not like Marat is 20 and we have to endure this for another decade. But really, it is just sad and embarrassing how the whole thing played out. I'm sure we all agree that Marat has done some stupid things we don't agree with, but what has set him apart from typical loser is how he has always been unapologetic about his choices, whether wise or idiotic. But too bad, a lot of things on his own website are making him look like a pathetic loser just like that article on tennis.com said he was.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #223
country flag Armada~121

Armada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
grendel didn't write in GM, the comment i quoted comes from there

it's in the comments after the much less controversial article by sean randall.
a comment posted was very harsh, and grendel replied to it.
Noted
Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #224
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post
you can't imagine how tempted I am to post this and a few other posts from this thread on OS or at least to send them to the webby & co via the contact form...
I got the same idea I don't understand how a sane person with a brain can fail to agree with points made by Armada~121.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #225
country flag Armada~121

(Warning: more rant ahead)

One more point I don't get is, how the hell his web admin went on and on insisting that she has no influence whatsoever over the statement, that those are entirely Marat's thoughts and she's just a transparent transmitter of the message. We have seen countless examples of how journalists quoted Marat's words that we have actually heard in his interviews out of context and distorted them to accommodate their stories. And those, mind you, are most of the times actually Marat's word by word.

If his public words can still be manipulated like that, then no one with common sense should believe that "his thoughts", which have been definitely relayed through several hands and interpretation, will retain the exact same message and tone as when it was first delivered. That is why the "note" under the statement (signed Webby and Marat's team), excusing that it's entirely his thoughts and not their personal view is just... meh....

(Dear lord I'm vocal today. Don't mean to stir storm in a teacup. But those are all the points I just wanna make about this issue)