News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #196
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles - Yeti Premonitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Tommy Haas View Post
I know I write a lot of bs in here but this time I'm pretty serious.
I think Marat needs to change management.
There's an incredible amount of incompetence going on there.
I recently read an interview with Amit Noar about the gambling and I found his points moot and his arguments shallow. The webmaster is an hysterical fan of Marat, honour to her efforts, but she's not objective or reasonable.
Mrs Tommy Haas, you know what??? I think this is the first time I'm agreeing with you on something!

I think it calls for a celebration
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #197
country flag Mrs Tommy Haas

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
Mrs Tommy Haas, you know what??? I think this is the first time I'm agreeing with you on something!

I think it calls for a celebration
Thanks

I'm not so bad after all. I think most of the time my comments are taken too serious, I'm just a bonker. I can't help it.

Since Cho Oyu the communication from the management was terrible. All those statements about Marat's state of mind made him look like a weakling in the end.
Emphasis on "how much he enjoyed his trip", his newly found energy, lost energy, re-appearing, healed maybe not healed wrist...
Such things make him the canvas for journalists imagination. I believe many of us have had some thoughts similar to those expressed on tennis.com
His webmaster reacts according to the OS forum, whose participants are mainly uninformed, young fans. It was their reaction to the tennis.com piece that caused this uncalled for reply under Marat's name which might backfire again.
People who do not love/support Marat have long found him a laughing matter so now it's going to fire them up and convince them even more.

Forgot: the piece on tennis. com is an open letter, not an article, in journalistic ideology that's something different. It is supposed to be provocative, not informative. It's asking for controversy. That's what an open letter is all about.
Mrs Tommy Haas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #198
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

I said it long time ago when OS was launched and I stick to my opinion - Marat shoud have never agreed to have an official site. Marat and anything official don't go together.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #199
country flag Mrs Tommy Haas

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. I was so worked up I had to edit the previous message a hundred times. I made so many typos.
Mrs Tommy Haas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #200
country flag Armada~121

Armada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
I said it long time ago when OS was launched and I stick to my opinion - Marat shoud have never agreed to have an official site. Marat and anything official don't go together.
Agreed.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #201
Dina

Dina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond reputeDina has a reputation beyond repute

the 'webby' is probably one of the fans posting on the os forum
Dina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #202
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

btw how stupid it was to announce on OS that he'll not play DC. First of all DC is too far away and a lot things can change. If he indeed doesn't play he could just discussed it with Tarpi and when the time comes Tarpi would announce the team without Marat and it would make perfect sense since Marat is the worst player out of the 5. But now, Marat is gonna be crucified in Russia I bet.

Last edited by mer : 10-22-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #203
country flag Armada~121

Armada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond reputeArmada~121 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
btw how stupid it was no announce on OS that he'll not play DC. First of all DC is too far away and a lot things can change. If he indeed doesn't play he could just discussed it with Tarpi and when the time comes Tarpi would announce the team without Marat and it would make perfect sense since Marat is the worst player out of the 5. But now, Marat is gonna be crucified in Russia I bet.
That summarized the whole problem with his OS administration. It almost seems that his team doesn't understand the concept of official statements, that once you say something, you can't just easily revert it the next day. You have to think and analyze the situation before you speak, not afterwards. So, if Marat decides to play eventually, you can expect another statement saying "Marat feels now that after a month of rest, he'd like to participate in his beloved nation's bid against the US.... This expresses his noble devotion to his team, his fans, and his country, etc. etc."...

Old 10-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #204
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's actually part of his charm and one of the reasons I love him.
But we need at least some kind of more 'official' source of info from him.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #205
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada~121 View Post
So, if Marat decides to play eventually, you can expect another statement saying "Marat feels now that after a month of rest, he'd like to participate in his beloved nation's bid against the US.... This expresses his noble devotion to his team, his fans, and his country, etc. etc."...
In this particular case I don't see any problems if he decides to play. His reason for not playing is that there are 4 players better than him. If one of these 4 can't play for some reason then it would be perfect explanation for Marat changing his mind. But I don't understand what was the point of this announcement 1.5 monthes before DC. If they wanted to hurt Marat reputation they succesfully did it.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #206
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
But we need at least some kind of more 'official' source of info from him.
Masha, in most cases we have more reliable info from non-official sources
Old 10-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #207
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Our most reliable source is "поживем, увидем" (Wait and see). This seems like the best way with Marat.
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #208
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Eeeerm, I hope you don't mean papers like EG and Zhizn or KP.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #209
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
Our most reliable source is "поживем, увидем" (Wait and see). This seems like the best way with Marat.

Annushka beautiful, how are you doing?
I really NEED to get my work done instead of hanging around here.

Last edited by MariaV : 10-22-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #210
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
voice of wisdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Eeeerm, I hope you don't mean papers like EG and Zhizn or KP.

I prefer BS coming from tabloids rather than BS coming from OS. The first case is usually almost harmless at least.