News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #1531
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles - Yeti Premonitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipeout View Post
No idea why I find this so funny.
Marat und Grass sitzen auf dem Baum... K.Ü.S.S.E.N.

It reminds me of this pic of Tarpi watering his garden. I can't find it tho.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #1532
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
Marat und Grass sitzen auf dem Baum... K.Ü.S.S.E.N.
who would have thought

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #1533
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

poor grass had to bear with the agony of being with him but trying to hide that they were together all these years
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #1534
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Marat's mentioned in these stats.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #1535
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this has been posted yet (if yes, sorry )

Marat Safin suffers as does the furniture after semi-final defeat to Roger Federer

By Mark Hodgkinson

Last Updated: 12:42pm BST 05/07/2008

Even the furniture is not safe when Marat Safin is on Centre Court. The Russian once suggested that it was perfectly acceptable to break a racket on court, and OK to smash a chair, but "you can't destroy a racket and a chair in the same match, as there has to be a limit - otherwise this is the tennis of a sick person". So Safin was not just trying to break frames in yesterday's semi-final with Roger Federer; he was also threatening to break his own racket-trashing rules.

For the first two sets of his straight-sets defeat, Safin kept it together. But, in the third set he showed what Novak Djokovic called the Muscovite's "mental instability". This was Safin's first appearance in the semi-finals of Wimbledon, and he played some decent tennis, but the 28-year-old could not deal with the brilliance from Federer.

There was no disgrace in that. With Bjorn Borg looking on from the Royal Box, Federer played the sort of tennis that demonstrated why he could tomorrow win a sixth successive Wimbledon title, which would take him past the Swede's five in a row. There was rarely a moment when Federer was in anything but total control.

But Safin was never going to go quietly. In the opening game of the third set, Safin attempted to kick a ball away in annoyance, but the ball rolled under his swinging foot, which drew a few laughs on Centre Court. But there was much more to come from Safin. He yelped and he bashed a racket against the grass. And then, just before sitting down for one change of ends, he whacked his racket with all his strength against a chair. Somehow the chair survived. Still, the umpire was obliged to issue Safin with a warning for racket abuse.

This anger towards inanimate objects is a family trait ; during this year's French Open, his younger sister, Dinara Safina, covered a line judge in flying, shredded geraniums after she took a swipe at a courtside flower-box. Safin probably was not far off a warning for 'furniture abuse'. "Marat is always very fiery as a character," said Federer, a 6-3, 7-6, 6-4 winner.

So Safin remains the sport's No 1 for stylish, entertaining tantrums. And his official ranking? He went into the tournament as the world No 75, but he has been on a fabulous run here, including beating Djokovic in the second round, and on Monday morning he will be back in the top 40.

Where does he go from here? Safin's talent for hitting a tennis ball has never been in doubt. He has a hulking physical presence on a court, a whipcrack forehand, and a hole-puncher of a serve. And that is what brought him the 2000 US Open title and the 2005 Australian Open title. But Safin has never found much consistency in his career.

Safin said: "I never lost my passion for the sport, otherwise I would have stopped a long time ago because for sure I'm not doing it for the money. We love to suffer and we love to win."

The Russian was certainly "suffering" on Centre Court yesterday. And so was the furniture.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../stfede105.xml

Old 07-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #1536
country flag Ales_Alessandra

Ales_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond repute

Tks Steph!

UPDATE: Just read on OS that Marat got WC for both HC Masters (Toronto and Cinci.)!

MOYA!
Спасибо SAFIN!

GUGA, OBRIGADA!

Rafa-Nole-Ernie-Ferru-Feli-Juanqui-Murray-Bellucci-Nalby-Feña-Youznhy-Andreev

Last edited by Ales_Alessandra : 07-08-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Ales_Alessandra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #1537
country flag nisha

nisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond reputenisha has a reputation beyond repute

^^ why does he need WC his ranking went up?
nisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #1538
country flag Ales_Alessandra

Ales_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond repute

Cause by the time of the deadline entry (june 9th)he didn't have a good rank.

MOYA!
Спасибо SAFIN!

GUGA, OBRIGADA!

Rafa-Nole-Ernie-Ferru-Feli-Juanqui-Murray-Bellucci-Nalby-Feña-Youznhy-Andreev
Ales_Alessandra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #1539
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Loserman is the first non-Canadian player to get a WC in Canada since Agassi in 1998.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:28 AM   #1540
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

sweet. winning a few titles there helps.
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:49 AM   #1541
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

Just received this news, if anyone's interested (I am very happy about it!!):

Superstar Siblings for Hyundai Hopman Cup
21st July 2008

PERTH. Sensational news for tennis fans as it was today announced that former World Number 1 Marat Safin and his sister Dinara Safina will join Australia’s Lleyton Hewitt and Casey Dellacqua at the 2009 Hyundai Hopman Cup in Perth. It will be the first time that the Russian superstar siblings will compete as a team together.

US Open, Australian Open & Davis Cup Champion, former World Number 1 and Russia’s leading male player for many years, Marat Safin is a crowd favourite. Currently ranked World Number 40 and rising he returned to form at Wimbledon where he had a career best semi-final appearance. In a tumultuous career he has delighted tennis fans all over the world and has won 15 ATP singles titles and earned over $13 million in prize money.

His younger sister 22 year old Dinara has burst into the women’s Top 10 with a fantastic run which started in Berlin where she beat 3 other Top 10 players, including former World Number 1’s Justine Henin and Serena Williams en route to victory, and culminated in the Final of the French Open where she was runner-up to current World Number 1 Ana Ivanovic. It will be her debut appearance at the Hopman Cup.

The Hyundai Hopman Cup is the Official Mixed Championship of the International Tennis Federation, and has come to be regarded as the world’s most prestigious invitational tournament.

The 21st Hyundai Hopman Cup will be played at the Burswood Dome from 3 – 9 January 2009.
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:17 AM   #1542
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD

Hi Emily

*goes and fishes out her Hopman Cup season pass invitation from the bin *
I am planning on going back to Perth for a few weeks in January ... was umm'ing and ahh'ing about whether to go to Hopman, but will definitely go now
Let's hope THIS time Marat actually decides to turn up I don't suppose the start date changing to Jan 3rd has anything to do with Marat wanting to be in Moscow for New Years!!?!?!?

I'm off to book some flights to Perth, babaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:21 AM   #1543
country flag Saumon

I wonder who will drive the other mad first.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:23 AM   #1544
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls View Post
OH MY GOD
Couldn't say it better.

That's great!!!!!! Oh I wish I could see that!!! It should be very entertaining to see them in doubles
thanks for telling us Emily

*edit* Gab: exactly!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #1545
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

: Cool.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote