News & Articles Part 3 - The Return of the Yeti - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #136
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles - Yeti Premonitions

dunno ask mae.
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #137
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MARAT HAS DECIDED TO END HIS SEASON AND WILL NOT PLAY ANY MORE TOURNAMENTS THIS YEAR.

Thursday 18 October 2007

Marat was not very happy with his standard of play at the Madrid Masters and has decided after discussion with his coach Hernan Gumy and his management that it would be better to finish his 2008 season now. His mountain adventure which he thoroughly enjoyed, took him out of his rythm and also left him with no energy. He thought he was ready coming back in Moscow but found that the stress of playing back to back tournaments was too much and his body just was not ready to cope with it. He thought he could play at a good level but it didn't happen.

He will take some time off to get his energy levels back and then in 3 weeks time will meet with his coach and they will spend a long period of practice time in Valencia - cleaning up his game and working hard on his approach, his work ethic and his general attitude to the year ahead. The intention is to be ready for the Australian season. Marat knows his ranking will drop but feels it is better to get himself ready for the new season rather than push at this stage.

He will not play in the Davis Cup Final in the US. Basically the Davis Cup team left it up to him to make the decision and Marat decided that right now there are 4 better players than him who are in form and can make sure they play to the best of their ability for Russia. Recently Davydenko won Moscow again and Tursunov won in Bangkok - both on hardcourts which is the surface that the Final will be played on. Marat was proud to be involved in the run up to the Final and has every faith in his fellow players that they will perform to their very best ability for Russia and make it a hard contest against the US.

Marat would like to say thank you to all his fans for their love and support this year through the difficult times and hopes they will continue to support him as he strives to find the level he needs to play well again.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #138
country flag Mrs Tommy Haas

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on now, wtf.

"His mountain adventure which he thoroughly enjoyed, took him out of his rythm and also left him with no energy."

Oh please, wasn't he full of energy last week, according to himself?
Instead of making this poor webmaster of his embarass herself again and again he should just shut up and get his act together.

PLUS he was only out for a week or something, I beg you! How unfit is that man?
Mrs Tommy Haas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #139
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Tommy Haas, just do yourself what you have advised Marat to do. You know pretty well, why he decided to end it. And this is probaly the end.

Last edited by mer : 10-18-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #140
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

We thank you too, Marat. And wish you all the best for the next season.

edit- Irochka, what do you mean by 'the end'?!?!?
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #141
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

cleaning up his game and working hard on his approach, his work ethic and his general attitude to the year ahead.

wow.......so this means he admits that it's bad?
How does one work on one's work ethic? Good luck Gumy!
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #142
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
edit- Irochka, what do you mean by 'the end'?!?!?
you know what I mean Marat not playing DC final tells a lot.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #143
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
you know what I mean Marat not playing DC final tells a lot.
You think hewon't come back next year?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #144
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

NOOO NOOOO NOOOO Irochka, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I don't know how I will survive his retirement. Yes happy now, the word has been said. I will NOT survive this!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 AM   #145
country flag MariaV

Btw I got accute pain in my chest muscle just an hour ago. Am I a psychic?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 AM   #146
country flag Mrs Tommy Haas

Mrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Tommy Haas has a reputation beyond repute

Calm down, everybody.
I don't think he'll retire.
He just didn't get the break he needed because he took the wrong choice and went to the mountain which broke him. He needs a LONG REAL SUCCESSFUL REWARDING break.
Mrs Tommy Haas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #147
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mashenka Irochka Miriam ...hang on, girls
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #148
country flag mir

Quote:

He didn't sack the coach yet [....did he?]so I guess he is planning to play 2008.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #149
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir View Post

He didn't sack the coach yet [....did he?]so I guess he is planning to play 2008.
Thanks dear, and thanks Anna.

No, he didn't sack Gumy just yet.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #150
country flag mer

I have a feeling that he doesn't know himself if he will return next year or not. Or worse, he wanted to quit but his people persuaded him to take a break and decide later.