2009 Clay Court Season - Get Ready To VAMOS!! - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #346
country flag Invisible

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Clay Court Season - Get Ready To VAMOS!!

Good try Paulo

And making it to the final there gave him more points than winning a 250 tournament so I won't complain...though I REALLY wanted Paulo to win
Invisible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #347
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
Good try Paulo

And making it to the final there gave him more points than winning a 250 tournament so I won't complain...though I REALLY wanted Paulo to win
Me too! Especially when seeing him like this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg oo2.jpg (126.3 KB, 87 views)
Old 07-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #348
country flag Invisible

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
Me too! Especially when seeing him like this:

I want to squeeze in next to him on that bench and him
Invisible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #349
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
I want to squeeze in next to him on that bench and him
You can squeeze in on one side, and I'll take the other

Here's one on a happier note

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_9.jpg (225.9 KB, 78 views)
Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #350
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't come online during the match but did manage to see it all luckily.

Disappointed. I agree that Davy played well but too often it was because Paulo was being too defensive and allowing him to play. Paulo should really have stuck to his own game more and then it would have probably been a lot closer. He was horribly passive/defensive often even on the big points, think how much closer that 2nd set was in reality than the scoreline suggests.

Still really pleased/proud overall of Paulo's week, even if his performance today was disappointing. It was great to see how much he wanted to win this tournament and all that desire. I liked the great support coming from his Physio, as well. He made a great cheerleader and was really inspiring Paulo and lifting him this week, so thanks to him for that. It's nice to see such positive support for Paulo.

When I saw Paulo sit down as in that picture above, I just wanted to give him a big hug too. I was imagining the big puppy eyes.

It's great that his ranking has gone back into the top 30 because really he deserves to be at least a top 20 player when playing well, so I hope he can get back up there.

That fan trophy made me think of 3 car side-view mirrors stuck together but I did actually quite like it . Though I would have much prefered he had the bigger, really heavy one, of course!

Bravo Paulo for your Hamburg final, keep on rising. More importantly, keep on smiling, aussi.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #351
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Gstaad is already over for us...
I watched parts of the match, Paulo made a lot of UE's from the short balls that Daniel gave him, struggled on his serve a lot. He managed to break early in the match (in the first game), but was broken back few games later. In the second set Daniel broke early, served for the match at 5-4, but Paulo fought back and even had a couple of setpoints on a tiebreak, doublefaulted on one of them and it was over shortly.
Such a pity, the draw opened up nicely... well, maybe Paulo needs to rest a bit after last week's run. The good thing is that he had nothing to lose in Gstaad. But still...

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #352
country flag The Hooded Claw
Slow Emotion Replay.

The Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond repute

Missed a chance here.

I'll probably cheer for Kiefer to win here now, he hasn't won a title for 9 years
The Hooded Claw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:55 AM   #353
country flag Ome

Awwww, Sunshine

I hope he's taking some time to enjoy Switzerland.
Support you all the way, Paulo!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #354
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Managed to miss all of Paulo's Gstaad. Still bigger and more important tournaments await. Have a nice rest, Paulo.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote