2009 Clay Court Season - Get Ready To VAMOS!! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
country flag TheEnd

TheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Clay Court Season - Get Ready To VAMOS!!

first set , paulo wastes too many opportunity
TheEnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joey

Paulo, hold your serve this time please, thank you!

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #18
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

4-1 now, that's better! David got a bit frustrated, poor racquet

Allez Paulo!!

Allez Les Bleus
Old 04-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #19
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys!

Ah, I only have dial-up internet connection at the moment. Saw a bit of the first set on TV. Wasn't that bad Nalbandian's serve is hilarious from time to time. Not that I complain We sure need all the help we can get!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #20
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Jai

You cannot see the match now?
The start of the match was really poor quality-wise from both of them, actually. It's much better now.

Yay, one set all! Keep going, Paulo, just keep going! Allez

Allez Les Bleus
Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
country flag TheEnd

TheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond reputeTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute

we get the 2nd set

Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #22
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well...
At least we got a set

I wonder what's with the Frenchies today...
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #23
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
I wonder what's with the Frenchies today...
Indeed! Not a tournament I was hoping for from them

We need some help from Nalby now

Allez Les Bleus
Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #24
country flag Ome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post
Indeed! Not a tournament I was hoping for from them

We need some help from Nalby now
Some kind of strange pressure? This tournament isn't even located in France, technically

I watched Gael and Gilles earlier. They all, including Paulo, did face some decent opponents. (Same thing goes to Beck. I saw his match in Bangkok and he's very good!) But I'm a bit disappointed with how they performed considering how much time they had to prepare. Sometimes they looked bored, impatient and their shots were out of sync.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Oh, it's over... But still, great effort, Paulo!

Allez Les Bleus
Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
country flag TheEnd

lost
Old 04-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #27
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
Some kind of strange pressure? This tournament isn't even located in France, technically

I watched Gael and Gilles earlier. They all, including Paulo, did face some decent opponents. (Same thing goes to Beck. I saw his match in Bangkok and he's very good!) But I'm a bit disappointed with how they performed considering how much time they had to prepare. Sometimes they looked bored, impatient and their shots were out of sync.
Pressure? It is strange if so! More like lack of matches. Gael was awful today. I've seen just the first half of Gillou's match, he was coughing a lot. Some kind of allergy maybe? Marc and Florent are the last Frenchies standing...

Later on Paulo will play his doubles match

Allez Les Bleus
Old 04-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #28
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Good effort Paulo, if only he hadn't had such a poor start. He certainly looked better than in IW & Miami.

Time to get in some matches on the doubles court, need to build up the game and the confidence!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #29
country flag Ome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post
Pressure? It is strange if so! More like lack of matches. Gael was awful today. I've seen just the first half of Gillou's match, he was coughing a lot. Some kind of allergy maybe? Marc and Florent are the last Frenchies standing...

Later on Paulo will play his doubles match
Just saying... The Frenchies don't seem to do well here. I blame it on some invisible pressure Honestly, I felt sleepy watching their matches. That doesn't happen very often! Maybe I also need some time to ease up to the clay court season

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
Good effort Paulo, if only he hadn't had such a poor start. He certainly looked better than in IW & Miami.

Time to get in some matches on the doubles court, need to build up the game and the confidence!
I agree, Jenny! And I mean both his tennis and his physical appearance
It's only a matter of time before he pulls it together. There was some great clay constructive points I saw.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #30
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

I also think that Paulo played better in Monte-Carlo compared to last month's tournaments. He badly needs some match practice to pull it all together, so some luck with the draws would be nice

Well, maybe it is pressure, Jai. But most of the guys had some health issues... Still, 6 out of 7 Frenchies lost their first round matches, sad tournament

Paulo and Marc won their doubles match
[WC] M Gicquel (FRA) / P Mathieu (FRA) d L Arnold Ker (ARG) / P Cuevas (URU) 76(5) 63

OOP for Wednesday:

COURT CENTRAL start 10:30 am
[7] F Verdasco (ESP) vs P Kohlschreiber (GER)
A Seppi (ITA) vs [2] [WC] R Federer (SUI)
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs J Chela (ARG)
[WC] I Ljubicic (CRO) vs [5] J Del Potro (ARG)
[WC] M Gicquel (FRA) / P Mathieu (FRA) vs [2] D Nestor (CAN) / N Zimonjic (SRB)

Allez Les Bleus