2009 Clay season - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #16
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Clay season

Yeah there's room in my life for more than just tennis,I can spend time doing karaoke,having parties,getting to know my friends again...free at last

I couldn't rate Gilles highly enough Weaknesses are relative,Gilles has so much going for him. He's a fixture in the Top 10 and yet he can become even better technically,and will add more aggressive intent to his game. Great for Gilles and his fans,what a prospect

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #17
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictmee View Post
And for the first time in months we Europeans can have a sensible sleeping pattern
I will have to get up nice and early, but that is always a goal of mine, and if it is to wake up with a nice coffee and a Gilles match why not!

thanks for starting the thread, I haven't seen Gilles play on clay yet, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #18
country flag port37

port37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond repute

Clay Season

I too love the clay season, it's the most romantic season of the tennis calendar - the dirty red clay, the historic European cities as the beautiful backdrop and epic matches with gruelling rallies...aahhhh

Also, I have always had favourite players that do well (Rafa of course, Juan Carlos Ferrero and Magnus Norman) and now hopefully Gilles!

His game is very well suited to clay as you need to think your way through rallies and big servers are negated by the slow surface so I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes this year. I agree Les the backhand down the line is wonderful to watch, when he's got his opponent right where he wants them, kazam! His serving and net play are his weaknesses but they aren't as important on the clay however, he doesn't like drop shots and they are prevalent on this surface so he will probably lose a few points with that as players know he doesn't like them.

Rafa is a great person for him to emulate - constantly improving all facets of his game but particularly his serve which on the hardcourts has become a weapon for Rafa as he's getting more free points and expending less energy. It's taken Rafa a few years though to get it where it is now so Gilles will just have to persevere. Gilles has a good return of serve so he can use this to get into rallies and dictate points, getting his opponent to play how he wants them to, then he can hurt them.

Allez Gilles!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #19
country flag Brownie

Brownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaquot View Post

thanks for starting the thread, I haven't seen Gilles play on clay yet, I'm looking forward to it.
I just realized that I hadn't seen him play on clay either! This should be exciting

Brownie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #20
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

France is qualified for the Tennis World Cup

But nothing really new in fact. It was already announced before, it is just official today.
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...qualifiee.html
The world cup will be played in Düsseldorf the week before RG.

France will be represented by Gillou and Jo.

Others teams qualified are Argentina, Russia and Germany. There are still four teams to determine, we wil know the names after Miami.

I dont know exactly the principe but if only jo and gilles play for France it means that they will play the doubles match together
And this could be really interesting to see.
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news! Merci Karine!!!!
the Arag World team championship is the perfect warmup/exho before Roland Garros.

the format of the competion is similar to the Davis Cup, to know if Gillou and Jo will play doubles it is important to know the schedule of the event. 8 teams, 2 groups.
3 rubbers in the the 3 group ties (2 sinngles and doubles) and then the final. France has only won once the event.
2 singles player and then optional doubles players for the doubles matches.

for example last year, Germany played singles with Kohschreiber and Kiefer and doubles with Kas /Petzschner and Argentina played singles with Cañas and Chela and doubles with Arnold Ker/Prieto! and Spain Ferrer and Lopez in aingles and Granollers in doubles.
so we will have to wait and see if there are more French players available to play the doubles matches (probably yes) to avoid Gillou and Jo to play too many matches just before Roland Garros but my feeling is that in the 1st session (or tie) Gilles and Jo will play the doubles. So great!!!

Alllez Gillou & Jo!!!

Last edited by isabelle86 : 04-02-2009 at 05:22 PM.
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #22
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

you are welcome Isabelle

I dont know if others french players will join but for sure gilles & jo will not play too much there. It is first time some atp points will be given but it is not the reason that they are going there.
It is probably to be outside France the week before Roland Garros. They have lot of pressure, every one waits a player to replace yannick noah, and it gives to them some pressure. I remember that I rode an article where gillou was explaining this pressure, even they put themselves some additional one. Being there and having fun is probably the best solution.

And I would like to see a double with gilles and jo and even more if they have fun on the court.

And the last time france won was in 1986, one of the player who won was... Tulasne
Old 04-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #23
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see a doubles with Gilles & Jo, after what Fran explained happened in Hamburg IMHO they will try again, it's just fro fun the doubles rubber and Gilles & Jo are best friends since ages. Those are really wonderful news!
awarding ranking points for the 1st time to the event he can try to defend the ones of Casablanca! and Titi won there!!!

I also agree to be outside Paris before Roland Garros will be extremely important to avoid the pressure of the French media. it's all good. It's more easy for the French players to feel the pressure, obvious. Hewitt, Philippousis and Rafter never won the AO for example.
It's difficult to replace Noah, he is the coolest, off topic, love the relation with Amelie.

I would love to read your article about Gilles and the pressure of Roland Garros, he is always so interesting to read and smart in answers. I am very curious to know his feeling towards Roland Garros. I know it's special for him but there have to be plenty of great stories and naecdotes told by Gillou, he is a chatterbox.

Love those news! Merci une autre foix, Karine!
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #24
country flag krn81

I dont have this article sorry. I rode so lot of things that I dont remember where and when was it and even if it was an article or a video.
If I found it again, I will let you know
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #25
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Karine,great news,thanks for telling us

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #26
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: 2009 Clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by krn81 View Post
The world cup will be played in Düsseldorf the week before RG.
France will be represented by Gillou and Jo.

Quote:
I dont know exactly the principe but if only jo and gilles play for France it means that they will play the doubles match together
And this could be really interesting to see.

ALLEZ LES BLUES

ALLEZ GILLES & JO

rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
country flag Nichele Hull

Nichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond repute

Now if we can view it that would even be better
Nichele Hull is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #28
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Gilles
hope he has a great clay season
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #29
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

What nice news. I hope that I am not too busy to pay attention or someplace without internet access (heaven forbid! )
Old 04-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #30
country flag Brownie

Brownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I had ever heard about the tennis world cup before But that's really exciting that Gilles and Jo got chosen for it I bet they will have a great time together Thanks for the news Karine!

Brownie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote