2009 Clay season - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #151
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Clay season

Having a cold doesn't explain his woeful serving performance. He always spends the clay season blowing his nose during the changeovers anyway, it was the same in Rome and Hamburg last year, maybe he has some kind of allergy. It's not an excuse for such a pathetic performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post
yesterday it began with alize cornet in barcelona, monfils who played an absolutly awful match and now gilles who fails against who??carol beck??whose that guy and what the hell gilles is doing right now??
Andy Beck, not Karol ("Andrewww" according to the Betfair idiot). He can play tennis on a good day, I saw him in Hamburg or against Blake last year in Halle, he's not that bad. But it was not so much the point today, Gilles was disgraceful.
I had forgotten about Cornetto! It's a close call between them indeed. Gaël' performance still takes the cake, but Gilles was a close 2nd.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #152
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

That is the crappiest I have seen Gillou play eveeerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
Wonder whats wrong with the frenchies today. Atleast the PHM match is competitive..
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #153
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Isabelle,Gilles wont lose in 1st round 3 years in a row,3rd time is lucky
Andreas Beck d. Gilles Simon 7-5, 6-1 in 1 hour 20 minutes!

1set, broken in his fist service game!
suffering physically! with a cold! unhealthy!
the german was helping, with double faults, each time Simon was broken he broke back.
Beck was serving the set at 5-4 and was broken!
Gilles 1st serve totally deserted him!
not confortable at all, no power in grounstrokes, very poor display and the racquet went flying twice!
only 4 winners in the 1st set, 1st serve in 38%
2nd set! Beck breaks in 3rd game and it was the end for Gilles!
it was the worst match of his season by a mile! Pathetic!
no hitting the ball! 2 double faults and a double break for Beck! no rythm going
not confortable in everything! 1 serve in 39% 7 winners 29 ue.
a shout of "Stop!" from him at the beginning of the set!
he bites the red dust again of Monte Carlo again! his horrible run in the event continues!
he looked sick, with a cold! but no excuses! horrible display! Simon pathetic!

now he can ask for a wc to Barcelona, he has nothing to do in 12 days.
all the others musketeers are playing in Barcelona, including also Mathieu, Gicquel and Clement.
I guess his coach Tulasne didn't tell him he is the only french player to have won in Barcelona.
Gilles as bad and horrible as you can play.
if this is the start to the clay season and a pattern to the remaining clay events I can not wait for the hardcourt season.

Au revoir Gilles!!! it was depressing!!

Oh well, Gilles, there are more tournaments ahead!!! we are not going to lose hope!

There will be more chances!!
now let's see what he has to say! interesting

ALLEZ GILLES ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in the good times and bad times!!!
isabelle86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #154
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle86 View Post
Andreas Beck d. Gilles Simon 7-5, 6-1 in 1 hour 20 minutes!

1set, broken in his fist service game!
suffering physically! with a cold! unhealthy!
the german was helping, with double faults, each time Simon was broken he broke back.
Beck was serving the set at 5-4 and was broken!
Gilles 1st serve totally deserted him!
not confortable at all, no power in grounstrokes, very poor display and the racquet went flying twice!
only 4 winners in the 1st set, 1st serve in 38%
2nd set! Beck breaks in 3rd game and it was the end for Gilles!
it was the worst match of his season by a mile! Pathetic!
no hitting the ball! 2 double faults and a double break for Beck! no rythm going
not confortable in everything! 1 serve in 39% 7 winners 29 ue.
a shout of "Stop!" from him at the beginning of the set!
he bites the red dust again of Monte Carlo again! his horrible run in the event continues!
he looked sick, with a cold! but no excuses! horrible display! Simon pathetic!

now he can ask for a wc to Barcelona, he has nothing to do in 12 days.
all the others musketeers are playing in Barcelona, including also Mathieu, Gicquel and Clement.
I guess his coach Tulasne didn't tell him he is the only french player to have won in Barcelona.
Gilles as bad and horrible as you can play.
if this is the start to the clay season and a pattern to the remaining clay events I can not wait for the hardcourt season.

Oh well, Gilles, there are more tournaments ahead!!! we are not going to lose hope!

He should ask for that WC. he needs match play.
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #155
country flag Jess22

Jess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yep Allez Gilles! I agree he should ask for a WC, just to get like a couple of wins before Rome so he would feel bit more confident and not struggle in the bigger event
Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #156
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

"C'est un vrai match de merde, et j'en suis le premier étonné. Même s'il faut s'adapter, ce n'est pas une excuse, j'ai été mauvais, j'ai commis des fautes directes à gogo, sur mon service, je faisais des écarts incroyables, tout cela est assez inexpliquable. Je n'avais pas de timing, même si je ne suis pas inquiet cela ne me fait pas peur, j'étais vraiment perdu sur le terrain sans solution. J'ai dix jours pour trouver l'explication, 10 jours pour me soigner aussi car sur certains échanges longs j'ai du mal à respirer"
http://www.welovetennis.fr/masters-m...match-de-merde
It was a really crappy match and I'm the first to be surprised. There always is an adjustment time, but it's not an excuse. I was poor, it was an error fest, my serve was incredibly inconsistent, all this is quite inexplicable. I had no timing. I'm not worried, I'm not afraid. I was lost on the court, I had no solution. Now I have 10 days to find the explanation and also to get better because I was out of breathe after some long rallies.

Last edited by Truc : 04-14-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #157
country flag isabelle86

isabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond reputeisabelle86 has a reputation beyond repute

Merci beaucoup as always to bring us his thoughts!! Françoise, you're the best, Gilles nº1 fan!!! what are your thoughts for the remaining clay events and his future?

un veritable match de merde!!! enough said!
so sad and painful to watch him!

do you think he is going to ask for a wc to play in Barcelona? only 2 available?
wc for Ferrero, Gonzo and Safin and the remaining should go to local players.
it pisses me and makes me mad: all the other french players (including doubles partner Chardy) are going to play there. what was he thinking?
did Tulasne tell him he is the only french player to have won in Barcelona? was Gilles expecting to reach the quartefinals in MonteCarlo??

a lot of pressure ahead for the rest of the clay season, remember the article in L'equipe when he said "clay is my fav. surface". this is the part of the season when he needs to earn ranking points. if he has not good results and has a bad RG, after what happened in Ostrava, media and haters will start the massacre time! I am very concerned and depressed!
don't need to mention after Wimby he has all his big ranking points to defend!

Always Allez Gilles! in the good times and more important in the bad times!

Last edited by isabelle86 : 04-14-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #158
country flag Nichele Hull

Nichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to play another tourney before Rome then there will be no excuse next time why he lost.
Nichele Hull is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #159
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Having a cold doesn't explain his woeful serving performance. He always spends the clay season blowing his nose during the changeovers anyway, it was the same in Rome and Hamburg last year, maybe he has some kind of allergy. It's not an excuse for such a pathetic performance.Andy Beck, not Karol ("Andrewww" according to the Betfair idiot). He can play tennis on a good day, I saw him in Hamburg or against Blake last year in Halle, he's not that bad. But it was not so much the point today, Gilles was disgraceful.
I had forgotten about Cornetto! It's a close call between them indeed. Gaël' performance still takes the cake, but Gilles was a close 2nd.
oui indefendable sa prestation d'aujourdhui. Mais jpeux te dire que celle de cornet hier est la PIRE de tous. On dirait des fantomes sur le court c'est dingue! des yeux vides,un langage du corps negatif,lymphatique.
Faut pas qu'ils viennent à roland sils comptent jouer comme ça serieux. J'ai pas envie de perdre mon temps et d'etre frustré par leur pauvre performance.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #160
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Isabelle I see you remembered my quote-oops!! I felt sure it would be 3rd time lucky,I didn't think he really could lose 3 times 1r in Monte Carlo.

A WC request would be a good idea. Its only early in the season..I refuse to be too worried..I remain optimistic,and want to keep perspective. The first match on clay,many opportunities yet I cant help smiling at the way Gilles reads matches afterwards Its easier after the event though,but he knows himself too well I think his assessment was spot on though. He didn't offer much out there today,he knows its not a level expected of a Top 10 player,which is why he'll improve,he knows where he went wrong.

I do think a lot of confidence has been knocked out of him since Ostrava,all he can do is be like us and stay positive He can turn things around his way.

No more dodgy tips on outcomes of 1st rounds from me

Allez Gillou

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #161
country flag isabelle86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichele Hull View Post
He needs to play another tourney before Rome then there will be no excuse next time why he lost.
there's only Barcelona available next week before Rome, it was a horrible scheduling decision considering all the other french players are going to be there and his coach won the event.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #162
country flag Truc

« C’est inexplicable de jouer aussi mal. Mon adversaire a vite compris que je jouais soit à deux à l’heure dans le carré, soit à trois à l’heure dehors. »
http://montecarlo.masters-series.com...ticle_3117.asp
"It's inexplicable to play that poorly. My opponent understood very soon that my shots were either going at 2 km/h and landing in the service box or going at 3 km/h and landing outside of the court." (I don't know if my translation makes sense, but it's funny in French!)
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #163
country flag isabelle86

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Isabelle I see you remembered my quote-oops!! I felt sure it would be 3rd time lucky,I didn't think he really could lose 3 times 1r in Monte Carlo.

A WC request would be a good idea. Its only early in the season..I refuse to be too worried..I remain optimistic,and want to keep perspective. The first match on clay,many opportunities yet I cant help smiling at the way Gilles reads matches afterwards Its easier after the event though,but he knows himself too well I think his assessment was spot on though. He didn't offer much out there today,he knows its not a level expected of a Top 10 player,which is why he'll improve,he knows where he went wrong.

I do think a lot of confidence has been knocked out of him since Ostrava,all he can do is be like us and stay positive He can turn things around his way.

No more dodgy tips on outcomes of 1st rounds from me

Allez Gillou
I never tohught he could also lost to a quali ranked around 80. impossible to imagine.

Thanks as always for your kind words very much needed in this moment!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #164
country flag Truc

Yeah, it seemed like a big gamble to skip Barcelona since he has never done well in MC. His first interview doesn't sound like he's going to play Barcelona, but it was just after his match, he will probably think about it again.
I know it sounds silly, but I really suspect it's due for a big part to those ranking issues he explained last time in the interview on lequipe.fr. He wants to protect his seeding until Roland-Garros and can lose a lot of points in Barcelona.
I agree he needs match practice, he could even play the qualies, but he will probably be afraid of losing too many points if he loses in the 1st round then after having battled through the qualies.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #165
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: 2009 Clay season

Quote:
un veritable match de merde!!! enough said!
so sad and painful to watch him!

Quote:
a lot of pressure ahead for the rest of the clay season, remember the article in L'equipe when he said "clay is my fav. surface". this is the part of the season when he needs to earn ranking points.
yes that's a problem no doubt!!!! but we believe in him and be sure that soon he'll be ok! don't worry

Quote:
I am very concerned and depressed!
ehhhhh Isa HEAD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
don't need to mention after Wimby he has all his big ranking points to defend!
true.........
/and Madrid is now coming soon too/ - I'm not very helpful with that I suppose
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote