2009 Clay season - Page 105 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #1561
country flag angela5

angela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond reputeangela5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Clay season

Why did Gilles skip Indianapolis for Hamburg when he has clearly had a terrible clay season... and he could've defended his Indy title!! Especially since Roddick withdrew leaving a bunch of no names, it probably would've been a perfect opportunity to pick up some points..
Gosh that was a painful loss. :'(
angela5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #1562
country flag whattheheck

whattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond reputewhattheheck has a reputation beyond repute

Does Gilles have a confidence issue? It's also puzzling why he chose clay over hard courts. Was he obligated to play Hamburg?
whattheheck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #1563
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
But why? what makes him think he doesn't belong?
I'm sure he thinks he belongs there and anyway, he got his ranking solely because of his results, there's no room for arguing there. But he may be too aware that people in general don't see him as a legitimate top-tener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
You really think so? I have troubles to believe it, how would he and many others find the strength to work hard regularly, if there was a subconscious feeling of inadequacy?
Not so much a subconcious feeling actually; the emphasis he put on his new offensive orientation in interviews (already during the inter-season) sounded more like a communication or marketing plan to sell a new Simon image, more appropriate to his new status. And as a matter of fact, I didn't see that much change in his game on court; he has shown in the past that when inspired, he could create his own pace and play offensive tennis, that's nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I feel Gilles' current troubles are more due to the "defending" effect. I have always said it is harder to stay in the top ten than to get there. The pressure simply mounts as with a ranking as high as that, everyone expects clear wins against those ranked below, it is considered "business as usual" and you wouldn't get credit for it. And that is very different from being the underdog and having nothing to lose.
This is true for all players and of course for Gilles too. But I still think there's more than that. The most striking evidence is the pattern of some of his matches, the "all or nothing" attitude i.e good game and good attitude but as soon a few things go amiss, he seems to not care anymore; typically the match against Tsonga in Florida in which he stopped trying after missing two sitters in a row in the middle of the second set, despite being one set up. As if it would be easier to deal with defeat because of his not-trying attitude than defeat because of the limitations of his shots; well, that's what I was thinking at that time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawalya View Post
done , i will never set any HOPE or Expectation again
I'm writing a novel about gillou while actually, it was just all your fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
Especially since Roddick withdrew leaving a bunch of no names, it probably would've been a perfect opportunity to pick up some points..
Argh. Looking at it in hindsight makes this defeat even more painful than it already is. >_<

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #1564
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
he has shown in the past that when inspired, he could create his own pace and play offensive tennis, that's nothing new.
I have certainly not seen that much of him as you, but I fully agree. He always has been capable of good accelerations, it's nothing new. It's the volleying which is (comparatively) weak.

Quote:
As if it would be easier to deal with defeat because of his not-trying attitude than defeat because of the limitations of his shots; well, that's what I was thinking at that time
But that would be very weird, in particular against Tsonga who has not that many shots himself, if the serve doesn't click, the rest gets down rather quickly.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #1565
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Argh. Looking at it in hindsight makes this defeat even more painful than it already is. >_<

same here
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #1566
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: 2009 Clay season

just for change........
Old 07-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #1567
country flag rawalya

rawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm writing a novel about gillou while actually, it was just all your fault!
really wanna read your novel
well , if it was all my fault , could you please write the part when i'm punished by Gillou??

Quote:
to much thinking , too much pain ~TT___TT~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgy View Post
[IMG]
just for change........
really helps

...DelPo... .......... ...Gillou...

--- I - wAnNa - - MuZZa ---

-- PicO -- MariN - MaRio -- NoLe -- Jim CharDY -- a.RoD -- T.FerNandEs --
rawalya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #1568
country flag rawalya

rawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond repute

the doubles match is starting

Allez Gillou

livescores link here >> http://www.protennislive.com/framese...1&eventid=0414

Old 07-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #1569
country flag rawalya

broken in the very first service game

it's 1-5 first set

and the lost the first set 6-1 >__<"

Gillou

Last edited by rawalya : 07-22-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #1570
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

And the second 6-1

Aw well Gillou, I hope you at least looked tasty for Fran

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #1571
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictmee View Post
I was about to post this exact thought
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #1572
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
it probably would've been a perfect opportunity to pick up some points..
(
He also could have easily lost in the first round there, which will give him no point.
At least playing in Hamburg spares him the traveling, and the plane ticket .
Old 07-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #1573
country flag rtgy

Thumbs down Re: 2009 Clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictmee View Post
And the second 6-1

OMG poor Fran 1-6 1-6

edit:[Gillou]

Last edited by rtgy : 07-23-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #1574
country flag rtgy

Cool Re: 2009 Clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawalya View Post
really helps
I hope so
Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #1575
country flag lalaland

Quote:
This is true for all players and of course for Gilles too. But I still think there's more than that. The most striking evidence is the pattern of some of his matches, the "all or nothing" attitude i.e good game and good attitude but as soon a few things go amiss, he seems to not care anymore; typically the match against Tsonga in Florida in which he stopped trying after missing two sitters in a row in the middle of the second set, despite being one set up. As if it would be easier to deal with defeat because of his not-trying attitude than defeat because of the limitations of his shots; well, that's what I was thinking at that time
I haven't watch this match yet, but I know what you mean, and I believe your assessment here since you've been quite spot on most of the time. Makes me feel a bit sad that Poussin has lost his way . Gilles' struggling is far more alarming than someone like Nole or Ferrer. However, I'm still feeling fairly good about his chance of recovering from this slump, Idk why. But he had gone thru this as a kid, if he didn't give it up then, I have to think that he has what it takes to bounce back.